Rochdale All-Ticket

Sell out and some. Novety's worn off afetr last year and the cup game previously.. No realistic chance of a play off spot either. Just can't see it generating the same 'buzz'

The savings made at home games in March might encourage a few more, but I think it all depends on the 6 games between now and then, particularly the 4 home games.

If we think we'll win, we'll take more.

If it was this Saturday I doubt we'd take many more than a thousand. 2012 seems to have really knocked the stuffing out of a fair few fans given the excitement to begin with ahead of Anfield and the JPT and I think it might take a new season and the blind optimism that comes with it to get them back to games regularly.

And as you say, novelty plays a big part too. Bramall Lane a fortnight earlier seems more enticing on that front.

Not very good publicity by the club if its not easily seen on the official website, don't they do 'stickies' ?

At least they took on board my complaint and altered the article on the official site quick smart. It did initially say that to get a £14 OAP ticket you had to be over 60. I rolled up yesterday with my £34 in hand to get mine and the old man's tickets and it was a typo, should've said over 65. Unfortunately i'd already told the girl in the ticket office that my old man was only 61. D'oh :grin:

At least they took on board my complaint and altered the article on the official site quick smart. It did initially say that to get a £14 OAP ticket you had to be over 60. I rolled up yesterday with my £34 in hand to get mine and the old man's tickets and it was a typo, should've said over 65. Unfortunately i'd already told the girl in the ticket office that my old man was only 61. D'oh :grin:

Many clubs offer deals to the over 60s these days on production of a bus pass, of course lower division clubs don't need extra fans so it doesn't matter. :wink:

I'm just wondering if they'll print seat numbers on the tickets this year, or if we'll have the bellends standing to the left again, rather than watching the game.

They paid for the ticket, it was a local derby.... whats your problem...

FFS, its called atmosphere.... I remember being at Oakwell in 91 when Marshy scored a header and we won 1.0, I saw :censored: all of the game but enjoyed it all the same.

FFS, its called atmosphere.... I remember being at Oakwell in 91 when Marshy scored a header and we won 1.0, I saw :censored: all of the game but enjoyed it all the same.

I have no problem with people standing at games (as long as it isn't blocking anyones view). But, it would be simply solved by putting seat numbers on tickets (which our Dale friend informs us has now happened) to stop some of the unsavoury incidents occuring from pissed up people turning up late (which I am sure many people know, I also have no problem with either*).

If you want to pay for a ticket and see nothing you should have let me know. I'd have swapped my back row Anfield ticket with you.

*Turning up late and pissed, not being just totally moronic.

I think their does need to be seat numbers, I was on the left last year, simply because I wanted to be closer to the singers, however loads turned up after kick off and just stood on the steps. Beer inside and people pushing eachother for space led to two knobheads behind me kicking off and ended launching about 7 people Including myself into the row infront.

Edited by Schlieb

I have no problem with people standing at games (as long as it isn't blocking anyones view). But, it would be simply solved by putting seat numbers on tickets (which our Dale friend informs us has now happened) to stop some of the unsavoury incidents occuring from pissed up people turning up late (which I am sure many people know, I also have no problem with either*).

If you want to pay for a ticket and see nothing you should have let me know. I'd have swapped my back row Anfield ticket with you.

*Turning up late and pissed, not being just totally moronic.

I was at the back but I know after 32 years of watching Oldham away high profile games attract a different breed of fan. Everyone knows this and we just like every club in the 4 divisions, I say they are ALL welcome, if it was just the diehards turning up at Anfield we would have just got 3000.

Im afraid that in these games you pay your money and take the risk, or you could always stay at home like.

I think their does need to be seat numbers, I was on the left last year, simply because I wanted to be closer to the singers, however loads turned up after kick off and just stood on the steps. Beer inside and people pushing eachother for space led to two knobheads behind me kicking off and ended launching about 7 people Including myself into the row infront.

I agree with your post, but isnt that the fault of poor stewarding.

Like I said on a previous post, they pay their money also, BUT, its down to the stewards to sort them out.

My stance is that ALL fans are welcome to follow Oldham away. What they do when they get their is out of our hands, if they kicked out for being knobs well more fool them, we still get their money into the coffers.