Marsh- Brown

Could be a cracking player. Typically of a winger (and particularly a young one) may not always take the right option but this can be coached into his game (see also C Ronaldo's early years at Stretford Rangers). However, he's got a trick on him and defenders will never enjoy playing against speed.

Bad foul last night but some of the over-reaction on Twitter was ridiculous. If Paul Scholes had joined us at any stage in his career, he'd last 3 matches before being hounded out.

What he said. It was a piss poor tackle granted but, come on people, calling for him to be publically stoned to death is a bit harsh. He's young and he foooked up, give the lad a break. It's not like he headbutted someone or racially abused an opponent. It's done. He can't play for 3 games which is frustrating. Move on...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen it again on SSN.

He didn't do any damage to anybody. A clear red as he could have done.

But the afters? Jesus, the reaction of half their team was insane. Other than Marsh-Brown none of our players actually got involved.

If we end up with a "failing to control players" charge on the back of that it will be a travesty.

Edited by opinions4u

Was by far the most involved player in the first half seemed to be caught in two minds with his final ball all the time not really helped when morais and kuqi were having a go at him everytime he did anything.He is an awsome talent who needs encouragment and was being wound up by their defenders all match ending up with him losing it flew in 2 times before that so should have been pulled off before hand.

Just seen it again on SSN.

He didn't do any damage to anybody. A clear red as he could have done.

But the afters? Jesus, the reaction of half their team was insane. Other than Marsh-Brown none of our players actually got involved.

If we end up with a "failing to control players" charge on the back of that it will be a travesty.

Exactly what I thought at the time.

When he does return I hope PD realises that he's not a 90 minute man and utilises him for a second half appearance.

Yes, he has got pace and, yes he can turn a defender but from whay I've seen, he can also get 'played' by the opposition once they have sussed him out. Frustration kicks in and before you know it he's allowed his game to fall apart. He also has to learn the 'team' game and accept that his own players will have a go when he forgoes the opportunities to pass.

Puzzled as to why they only had one sent off.

From where i was sat in main upper, there was at least 3 punches thrown from their players. But may be mistaken as not seen the replay yet.

KMB was a red, but it if i saw it correctly, it should of ended 10 v 8.

Fining or disciplining KMB will achieve absolutely nothing. Young, inexperienced players like him are all prone to rushes of blood, it needs to be coached out of them. Hopefully, the three game ban should be enough of a wake up call.

Puzzled as to why they only had one sent off.

From where i was sat in main upper, there was at least 3 punches thrown from their players. But may be mistaken as not seen the replay yet.

KMB was a red, but it if i saw it correctly, it should of ended 10 v 8.

this /\

Mozika (spl?), Thompson, Reid & Walker all massively overreacted....and I saw Mozika throw a punch; think Walker did too as well as the throat grab & pushes also.

If we get a fine we should challenge it straight away.....

Found this on a scunny forum -

Posted 07 Mar 2012 14:16Thompson broken nose incidentaccording to the OWS, Thompson said: "Their lad made a two footed tackle on Josh Walker and I went to split them up and their lad punched me in the face".

If Marsh brown not only made a red card tackle and followed up a punch on another player causing a broken nose, is he guilty of two red card offences and therefore a six game ban? Is he also at risk of prosecution by the police for assult on Thompson?

Posted 07 Mar 2012 14:16Thompson broken nose incidentaccording to the OWS, Thompson said: "Their lad made a two footed tackle on Josh Walker and I went to split them up and their lad punched me in the face".

If Marsh brown not only made a red card tackle and followed up a punch on another player causing a broken nose, is he guilty of two red card offences and therefore a six game ban? Is he also at risk of prosecution by the police for assult on Thompson?

Yes he is at risk, if their player wishes to pursue a prosecution and tells the police he wants to take it to court. For a broken nose though it is likely KMB be charged with s.47 ABH if their player wishes to take it further.

Saying that though, a few of theirs could also be taken to court for being violent aswell in the result of the tackle, providing that their fists made contact with KMB or one of our players.

Yes he is at risk, if their player wishes to pursue a prosecution and tells the police he wants to take it to court. For a broken nose though it is likely KMB be charged with s.47 ABH if their player wishes to take it further.

Saying that though, a few of theirs could also be taken to court for being violent aswell in the result of the tackle, providing that their fists made contact with KMB or one of our players.

I would argue that if he did punch anyone, it could have been in self defence. Yes the tackle was worthy of a red but didn't cause any damage. If the Scunny players let the ref punish KMB, then it would have been over and done with. They chose to escalate matters and were visibly aggressive towards KMB resulting in a scunny player being punched.

As i pointed out to Thompson as he was on the side of the pitch * getting his nose seen to ('coz I'm nice like that!) I'd have punched him too if I'd have been playing against him - for simply wearing yellow & oranage boots and long-sleeve base layer shirt and gloves. The massive ponce - man up FFS!

.* He didn't see the funny side; something to do with having his nose put back in I would have said. Whoever clocked him did a good job (Marsh-Brown?)

Marsh-Brown is a good footballer but a :censored: football player. Good skills and technique, but totally clueless when he has a decision to make - I can think of at least 4 occasions where he totally undid good work from himself, and wasted good positions, by not releasing the ball.

Utterly wank finisher too, that's two shockingly bad misses now from him.

Also, I have a slight worry that too much of his best skill comes when he is under pressure. Give him time and he tackles himself, knock him off-balance and stick a foot in and he flashes his feet and makes you look foolish. Needs to work hard like Morais has, and work out how to deploy his skills when he is on the front foot.

Thought he did pretty well though last night, all the above aside. Worked pretty hard and was a constant threat. If he could pass and shoot he'd be a legend already.

Oh aye, and he has no left foot either.

Had to go for the tackle, but the punch was fair enough - three guys cannot go grabbing a lad like they did and get away with it. The Scunthorpe lad in the middle should have had a straight red.

The daft thing was it was a pretty mild two-footer really. He didn't seem to fly over the top of the ball, or catch their lad around the knees. Ref was on top of the incident, rightly goes for a red and then their bell-end players had to get involved. If he gets charged for the punch it would be a joke - well warranted I'd say.

Anyone else see the blatant push on the back for Lee in the first half too? Definite penalty.

Oh aye, and he has no left foot either.

Had to go for the tackle, but the punch was fair enough - three guys cannot go grabbing a lad like they did and get away with it. The Scunthorpe lad in the middle should have had a straight red.

The daft thing was it was a pretty mild two-footer really. He didn't seem to fly over the top of the ball, or catch their lad around the knees. Ref was on top of the incident, rightly goes for a red and then their bell-end players had to get involved. If he gets charged for the punch it would be a joke - well warranted I'd say.

Anyone else see the blatant push on the back for Lee in the first half too? Definite penalty.

I haven't seen it but is it possible he was actually sent off for the punch and not the tackle?

angry tweet

someone sent a lovely tweet to KMB....not the same Jonesy who is on here is it?

That Jones who Keanu has just banned I had a run in with after I took umbrage to something he tweeted along the lines that he hoped Trotman got AIDS or something after the tête à tête with Simpson at Chesterfield. He's a child who needs a :censored:ing twatting.

Marsh-Brown is a good footballer but a :censored: football player. Good skills and technique, but totally clueless when he has a decision to make - I can think of at least 4 occasions where he totally undid good work from himself, and wasted good positions, by not releasing the ball.

did you miss his defence splitting passes in the first half?

he was awesome for half an hour

shocking tackle no argument there

but can everyone shut the hell up and get behind someone with clear talent - it seems Morais has finally smelt the coffee at the age of 25/26 and has started to act like a pro in his performances.

The lad is only 19 - clearly not the sharpest knife in the draw up top, but he ran the show for 60 mins last night, aided by the 'he is always missing' Adeyemi who again underlined his ability and potential with a great display (his effort every game is commendable, don't know what some people want - an all round midfielder we aint gonna afford).

Back the lad and he MAY just want to stay and prove himself with us and earn us a few hundred £k in the process.

of the ones out of contract:

Lee

KMB

Simpson

Kuqi

Morais

we need to keep and a build a squad around these guys as our base

The rest i'm not too fussed about and yes that includes Furman and Wes - both similar players and neither is really an attack minded player - either/or on these 2 for me.

I'd sign Adeyemi if we can, great engine and getting better all the time, best game for us last night.

The rest can be replaced including taylor, thanks for your efforts but time to move on.

Edited by shefflatic