I'll probably get chewed out for this but frck it!!!

I've made my mind up, Kuqi's goal blast at the start of his stint with us was a flash in the pan & has glossed over what he's done since.

Tonight summed it up. It's very admirable that he wants to graft, to drop deep to help out, to track back and defend. But all that matters not one jot if you cant do the 1 job that you are suppose to do; namely bloody finish.

His misses tonight are unforgivable - he should have scored both; but especially the one at the end.

Im getting pissed off with his attitude too; think it was prozac who christened him Shefki Sulki and its spot on. If he spent more time focussing on putting the chances away instead of arguing with opposition managers or the officials; he might actually manage to put the ball in the net.

Now Reid is back i personally would drop him. Not rest him, drop him. No player is bigger than the team / the club, and Kuqi has been poor for months now. He's had to continue to play because we had no alternative. We have one now; so its Reuben in & Kuqi out for me.

No end product; no start IMO

(off rant & off to bed now!!!!)

I've made my mind up, Kuqi's goal blast at the start of his stint with us was a flash in the pan & has glossed over what he's done since.

Tonight summed it up. It's very admirable that he wants to graft, to drop deep to help out, to track back and defend. But all that matters not one jot if you cant do the 1 job that you are suppose to do; namely bloody finish.

His misses tonight are unforgivable - he should have scored both; but especially the one at the end.

Im getting pissed off with his attitude too; think it was prozac who christened him Shefki Sulki and its spot on. If he spent more time focussing on putting the chances away instead of arguing with opposition managers or the officials; he might actually manage to put the ball in the net.

Now Reid is back i personally would drop him. Not rest him, drop him. No player is bigger than the team / the club, and Kuqi has been poor for months now. He's had to continue to play because we had no alternative. We have one now; so its Reuben in & Kuqi out for me.

Tbh I never got that carried away with his purple patch, he's never been prolific and when we signed him I was pleased as he was the experience we needed BUT without a partner to call his own we've relied on him too much. He has been better lately but his misses are getting more and more laughable. What we're seeing from Kuqi, and since mid-November is exactly what I thought we were getting. Dickov's refusal to rest/drop him has led to the ridiculous situation where he has scored one goal in open play in 20 matches, Tonk went 21 games without a goal last season. Dickov imo is talking :censored:e with this "but he gives so much more than goals" bollocks, that's crap Paul and you know it. The object of the game is to score goals, Kuqi is paid to score goals, people have chucked money at Player Share to see Kuqi score goals, yet when he hits a terrible run of form and a marked downturn in attitude he seems to be beyond reproach. All strikers go through a barren patch but 20 games is virtually half a season and constitutes a bloody famine!

BUT 15 goals is a decent return for an old man, still he should have at least another 6 or 7 on that tally and who knows where we'd be in the league.

Having said all that, he is looking a bit better than he was a month or so ago. One more win or two and surely he has to give Smith a decent run, people that criticise Smith need to give the lad a proper chance. Oh and as much as I like Simpson that's another game when without him we look so much more varied in attack and created a lot more. When Simpson is in the team, teams have one aim - Stop Simpson and you nullify our threat. Dickov has to come up with a way of accommodating Simmo and still making us a threat. Namely a Plan B.

Edited by oafcprozac

OK lets drop Kuqi and play a guy thats scored how many goals in open play -

er let me think - er still counting , be with you in a minute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about opinions and in my opinion you need to shake yer head.

Before he signed and we were told he would get us between 16 - 19 goals you would have kissed his feet at BP.

Its not his fault that he sulks, he carries the flippin forward line on his own.

What really pisses me off that PD doesnt play a formation to enhance him.

Typical, we would have been dead and burried if it wasnt for Shefki, what the feck...

Its about opinions and in my opinion you need to shake yer head.

Before he signed and we were told he would get us between 16 - 19 goals you would have kissed his feet at BP.

Its not his fault that he sulks, he carries the flippin forward line on his own.

What really pisses me off that PD doesnt play a formation to enhance him.

Typical, we would have been dead and burried if it wasnt for Shefki, what the feck...

This.

And I hope he's here at the beginning of next season because he'll get another 15-20 goals if we can provide the service.

should take the captains armband off him for a start. every game now he'll argue with a linesman and giving it to someone like taylor or even morais with the way he's playing at the moment would be better

So you'd give it to Taylor who never argues?!!!

Despite his lack of goals recently , other than penalties , I think hs has been a terrific addition to the team . He is a handful for defenders & hope we keep him for next season.

However I am puzzled as to why a guy of such experience in the top flight does appear to be hitting every shot simply as hard as he can , rather than placing some of them.

I just wish he had taken the penalty at Chesterfield with the same composure as the one at Sheff U.

Tbh I never got that carried away with his purple patch, he's never been prolific and when we signed him I was pleased as he was the experience we needed BUT without a partner to call his own we've relied on him too much. He has been better lately but his misses are getting more and more laughable. What we're seeing from Kuqi, and since mid-November is exactly what I thought we were getting. Dickov's refusal to rest/drop him has led to the ridiculous situation where he has scored one goal in open play in 20 matches, Tonk went 21 games without a goal last season. Dickov imo is talking :censored:e with this "but he gives so much more than goals" bollocks, that's crap Paul and you know it. The object of the game is to score goals, Kuqi is paid to score goals, people have chucked money at Player Share to see Kuqi score goals, yet when he hits a terrible run of form and a marked downturn in attitude he seems to be beyond reproach. All strikers go through a barren patch but 20 games is virtually half a season and constitutes a bloody famine!

BUT 15 goals is a decent return for an old man, still he should have at least another 6 or 7 on that tally and who knows where we'd be in the league.

Having said all that, he is looking a bit better than he was a month or so ago. One more win or two and surely he has to give Smith a decent run, people that criticise Smith need to give the lad a proper chance. Oh and as much as I like Simpson that's another game when without him we look so much more varied in attack and created a lot more. When Simpson is in the team, teams have one aim - Stop Simpson and you nullify our threat. Dickov has to come up with a way of accommodating Simmo and still making us a threat. Namely a Plan B.

That's it for me in bold.

As I say, it's admirable that he wants to work back and do some covering for the side; but it's not his friggin job to do that. I don't want my striker covering at left back as he was at more than 1 stage last night. That's not his job. By all means ball-out a team-mate who should be doing that <cough Marsh-Brown cough> but dont do it yourself; at the expense of being where you should be - namely leading the line and looking to be in positions to score.

It's no wonder that, Sheff Utd penalty apart; he he's scored 1 in open play in 20 games - becuase he's rarely in a right position to do that.

I've watched him closely all season, and his attitude has changed as the season has developed. He now seems to want to get into spats with the officials & the opposition bench; rather than focus on the game itself.

I understand the decision making in giving him the armband in Furman's absence; but with the current attitude he displays I don't agree with it.

PD constantly harps on about what an example he is to the younger ones.....well, it looks like we're in for seeing Mellor, Winchester & Tarky sulk, strop, argue, totally lose the plot for years to come then if that's the example they're following.

With all his much-trumpted experience, he shouldn't be trying to break the net with his shots; or snatch woefully at them. He'd have another 10 goals this season if he just took his time. I thought we were signing experience & guile - I don't see much of it on show, and haven't since the start of November for Shefki.

To directly answer Losesome; yes - i would drop Kuqi now Reid is back to fitness as his current form; well actually his form from November onwards, doesn't warrant a starting spot. We had other options to do this before now; Smith up front for a conserted run et all, but now Reid is back; we have a real viable one.

And..........Reid is in the right place - the penalty box more times in 10 mins than Kuqi is in 90mins, so yes - I would bring in Reuben Reid instead of Shefki Kuqi.

I agree with much of what you post, Sly but give over! Kuqi is a top-notch player for League One. 15 goals and counting and, as I posted in the chatroom last night, if we could find a decent striker to play up alongside him, they'd score plenty.

Can't believe people want him dropped!! Did anyone see him refuse to shake knills hand?! Sore loser or what!

I did Semi-Taff, was right in front of us. I think it was more to do with the row he'd been having with Knill's assistant for most of the 2nd half than Knill himself. I actually don't want him dropped to make that clear but come on Shefki, being such a sore loser isn't very sporting, especially when you're the captain...

I agree with much of what you post, Sly but give over! Kuqi is a top-notch player for League One. 15 goals and counting and, as I posted in the chatroom last night, if we could find a decent striker to play up alongside him, they'd score plenty.

It's cool Stevie - it's all about debate & opinions; and it's the reason I still come on here. I'm not precious & don't take offence when others don't share my view point.

I'm pissed off with Kuqi, have been for months. I think the frustration is in part down to the fact that I think he can do so much better than he has done. Being frank, and others may (& have!) disagree, but he's been woeful for 4 and a half months now. Not poor; woeful for me. Last night's performance; including the misses, was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm just utterly pissed off with him, his attitude & his performances.

Now Reid is back, I want him in. He was our best player up until his injury; by some way IMO, so of course I want him in the side. For me, it's a golden opportunity to drop an under-performing & petulant player for one who should in theory be chomping at the bit for games & goals. PD could play them both in a revert to 4-4-2; of course he could. But if he's going to persist with his 4-4-1-1; then the "1" at the spear should be Reid IMO now he's back. Kuqi hasn't done enough for months & months to warrant this magical 'start every game' position he seems to hold.

That's my opinion. It's cool others don't agree; that's what it's all about. If Kuqi bangs in a hat-trick on Sat and puts in a stellar performance to boot; then of course I'd be ecstatic - I'm not advocating booing him or hounding him. I just think he's been :censored:e since November and something needs to be done about it. We have a chance to do that 'something' now Reuben is back IMO.

It's cool Stevie - it's all about debate & opinions; and it's the reason I still come on here. I'm not precious & don't take offence when others don't share my view point.

I'm pissed off with Kuqi, have been for months. I think the frustration is in part down to the fact that I think he can do so much better than he has done. Being frank, and others may (& have!) disagree, but he's been woeful for 4 and a half months now. Not poor; woeful for me. Last night's performance; including the misses, was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm just utterly pissed off with him, his attitude & his performances.

Now Reid is back, I want him in. He was our best player up until his injury; by some way IMO, so of course I want him in the side. For me, it's a golden opportunity to drop an under-performing & petulant player for one who should in theory be chomping at the bit for games & goals. PD could play them both in a revert to 4-4-2; of course he could. But if he's going to persist with his 4-4-1-1; then the "1" at the spear should be Reid IMO now he's back. Kuqi hasn't done enough for months & months to warrant this magical 'start every game' position he seems to hold.

That's my opinion. It's cool others don't agree; that's what it's all about. If Kuqi bangs in a hat-trick on Sat and puts in a stellar performance to boot; then of course I'd be ecstatic - I'm not advocating booing him or hounding him. I just think he's been :censored:e since November and something needs to be done about it. We have a chance to do that 'something' now Reuben is back IMO.

That would be my thought - play both Kuqi and Reid up front - time to get back to a strike pair - Saturday. :wink:

Fair play. I will say, given the number of games we have in March, Kuqi should not be playing in every single game and that goes for a few other players too.

This.

And I hope he's here at the beginning of next season because he'll get another 15-20 goals if we can provide the service.

The service is there, i've been one of Morais' biggest critics but over the last couple of months he's been superb putting in numerous crosses, even Taylor's started delivering crosses more than he has previously and of course he's had excellent service from Robbie Simpson. The issue for me is that Kuqi is never in the box. At the start of his spell here he was but he has stopped doing the basics and gone 'searching' for the ball as his barren run continues. If he actually got his backside into the box he'd get more chances…and probably score an odd one. Kuqi needs to be told in no uncertain terms that if we're attacking once he releases the ball he gets on his bike into the box instead of ambling wide or worse still standing on the halfway line. He deserves to be dropped imo as he simply isn't playing where he should be.

I disagree that he should be dropped but I understand the frustration.

He's clearly a decent player and you can't fault his work rate but with better finishing, he could easily have 20+ goals already and this is what's so bloody frustrating about him. He knows it as well which is why he gets himself worked up in games I think. I admire his desire at this stage in his career but there have been a couple of games (Chesterfield at home springs to mind) where he's lost it - this is unacceptable for a senior pro and captain.

Didn't his decent goalscoring run early on coincide with when he was playing with Reid? I thought they formed a decent partnership. I'd give that a go again before dropping him. Don't forget he's been playing up front on his own all this time and leading the line well. Bring Reid back in for Hash Brown and go 4-4-2 (or 4-1-3-2!).

Agree with you Sly, if he isn't arguing with the officials then he's misses sitters. He works hard for the team, no doubt about it, but has not troubled the oppo much in recent months.

All this stuff about he needs the service, well thats rubbish, because we give the service. We had 10 chances last night, 8 against Sheff Utd, 8 against Colchester and 11 against Tranmere. In 4 games that's 37 chances. There's more than enough service, Morais gets the crosses in, Taylor has started to do so, the full-backs get crosses in and Simmo does when playing. We gave Kuqi enough chances last night, he had 2 easy chances, it was harder to miss, yet he didn't score either. And for a target man, he didn't hold it up that well last night, constantly being knocked about (alright some were unfair) but once Reid was on, the defenders just bounced of Reid. If PD continues with 4-4-1-1 then drop him for Reid.

Sorry but this bit about getting the crosses in doesn't hold up.

Morais is playing well but Taylor getting crosses in? No way.

How many times can we say that the ball is accurately delivered into the box? far too often it's played behind a forward, or doesn't get past the defender, or is overhit.

That would be my thought - play both Kuqi and Reid up front - time to get back to a strike pair - Saturday. :wink:

Seeing as KMB and Simpson are out on Saturday I too would go with them both up front on Saturday with Morais and Taylor on the flanks. Not ideal but with the personnel available it's the best we can do.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Seeing as KMB and Simpson are out on Saturday I too would go with them both up front on Saturday with Morais and Taylor on the flanks. Not ideal but with the personnel available it's the best we can do.

Exactly, with the personnel we have available I think Dickov is almost forced into playing both Reid and Kuqi on Saturday. With Parker presumably in the doghouse, my one concern would be Reid's fitness, I'm not sure he has 90 minutes in him at the moment, so Smith will probably get a lot longer than his usual 10 minutes which might not work; it may help him though

Also by playing both of them Kuqi's dropping deep to get the ball probably won't be as much of an issue as Reid is further forward (a bit like playing Kuqi in the Simpson role).

Edited by rudemedic