Back to predictable, depressing sh1t

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much else to say. Sick, sick, sick of us being so boring and sh*t. I can't believe we have any fans left at all.

Woof.

Give it 30mins and the usuals will be on saying 'oh its ok,we played well but their keeper had a blinder' etc etc.

Fact is,despite what some on here would have you believe,the club is in a relegation dogfight and a fight for survival come Summer.

The owner is skint,the ground is falling to pieces,literally,and anything approaching decent will be off come May.

Apart from all that its looking good,oh and we beat Sheff U last saturday so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Edited by rigsby

Not much else to say. Sick, sick, sick of us being so boring and sh*t. I can't believe we have any fans left at all.

Woof.

Obviously I didn't go so have no idea on the performance, but it just seems like a repeat of the game against Scunthorpe. This is never going to encourage fans back into the fold. It's the same old story, unfortunately, and doesn't seem to change, no matter who is in charge or what team is on the pitch.

Once again, Latics have become a disjointed and unsettled team, due to injuries and suspensions. The results are reflecting that.

I just hope we get to the safety margin as soon as possible.

Give it 30mins and the usuals will be on saying 'oh its ok,we played well but their keeper had a blinder' etc etc.

Fact is,despite what some on here would have you believe,the club is in a relegation dogfight and a fight for survival come Summer.

The owner is skint,the ground is falling to pieces,literally,and anything approaching decent will be off come May.

Apart from all that its looking good,oh and we beat Sheff U last saturday so there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

I always like reading your posts but I seem to missed the one after the Sheffield game, came you sum it up for me?

So disappointing. 4 wins from 13 will certainly keep us up and that should be easy to achieve, but no points from these last two games does ourselves no favours.

3 tricky away games coming up, just hoping we don't go on a losing streak from here. Performances don't sound too bad but we need our results to keep ticking over.

I always like reading your posts but I seem to missed the one after the Sheffield game, came you sum it up for me?

First half horrendous,2nd half tremendous.

If we played them 20x at Bramhall lane we'd win 1 maybe 2 tops,your pointbeing?

Closer to relegation than the playoffs for sure, but I wouldn't call it a dogfight. We just need to be a bit careful. It would take a disastrous run from now until May to get us relegated and I'd guess that we'll pick up the wins we need with games to spare.

The lack of potential excitement is depressing, but I'm not fearful of our situation.

As i've said previously, you can offer all the golden tickets you want but serve up the dross on show in the first half and you're pissing against the wind.

Second half was better but that's 1pt from the first 3 home games of the golden ticket offer......not exactly what was needed.

my missus came today as she's always said she'll go to one game to see why i go.....she hates football. It was her first match and she's never really watched a game on tv. Her quote half way through:

"Is it supposed to be like this? it's like if i was playing, and i got the ball, i'd just kick it anywhere like they are"

pretty much sums them up at the moment....midfield, non-existant

Edited by Fruitygoo

Right before we fool ourselves the 1st 40 mins was terrible the 1st goal brown was so lightweight middle of the park let him then tarky stood aside inviting him to crack one and cisak i thought having got a hand to it should have saved it

Brown and adeymi 1st half didn't make a tackle between then mellor was poor IMO, Taylor shocking kuqi don't even get me stated

Positives I thought Morais was best player again mad to think he could get in team before christmas, the new lad m changnan whatever he was called was impressive I thought wanted the ball and puts his foot in, diamond was ok at the back on return ad well

Stevenage and rochdale are massive games this week

K t f

Oh and drop :censored:ing kuqi please I would rather see smith or 5 across the middle we miss Simpson wes and furman do much but without them we need to learn to cope much better

Obviously I didn't go so have no idea on the performance, but it just seems like a repeat of the game against Scunthorpe. This is never going to encourage fans back into the fold. It's the same old story, unfortunately, and doesn't seem to change, no matter who is in charge or what team is on the pitch.

Once again, Latics have become a disjointed and unsettled team, due to injuries and suspensions. The results are reflecting that.

I think that just about sums us up. Since Wes & Furman departed the team, we haven't had any midfield creativity or graft. I think I must have been the only supporter last Tuesday to think Adeyemi had a poor game - one surging run doesn't make a good performance in my book and today, we saw exactly the same.

As for the rest, poor Shefki cannot buy a goal at the moment - the miss from Reids lay-off was an absolute howler and he managed (yet again) to pick up a booking for dissent - trouble is, we haven't got any plausible alternative - Smith was easily 2 to 3 inches taller than his marker yet lost more headers than he won and his ground play gives a good clue as to why he doesn't make the starting line-up.

I'm just hoping that a Simpson/Reid pairing will surface in the next couple of games.

Crosses (the goal apart) were again poor - straight to keeper or didn't get past the first defender.

All-in-all a very disappointing performance and 1 point from the last 9 at home makes a mockery of the 'Golden Ticket' promotion - even a ridculously low amount of £3 per game won't be enough to bring the supporters back - SC must be tearing his hair out (metaphorically of course).

I still can't understand the defenders on either goal.

Should Cisak have saved the first?

I thought he was a bit keen coming out for the second.

But the fact the ball was allowed anywhere near Cisak for either of them was unbelievable.

1 certain mistake for the first although it was brown to begin with. Not sure whether to Blaim him for the second as no one stood up to the plate. Either way cisak has contributed a number of mistakes this season.

I think that just about sums us up. Since Wes & Furman departed the team, we haven't had any midfield creativity or graft. I think I must have been the only supporter last Tuesday to think Adeyemi had a poor game - one surging run doesn't make a good performance in my book and today, we saw exactly the same.

As for the rest, poor Shefki cannot buy a goal at the moment - the miss from Reids lay-off was an absolute howler and he managed (yet again) to pick up a booking for dissent - trouble is, we haven't got any plausible alternative - Smith was easily 2 to 3 inches taller than his marker yet lost more headers than he won and his ground play gives a good clue as to why he doesn't make the starting line-up.

I'm just hoping that a Simpson/Reid pairing will surface in the next couple of games.

Crosses (the goal apart) were again poor - straight to keeper or didn't get past the first defender.

All-in-all a very disappointing performance and 1 point from the last 9 at home makes a mockery of the 'Golden Ticket' promotion - even a ridculously low amount of £3 per game won't be enough to bring the supporters back - SC must be tearing his hair out (metaphorically of course).

Considering the golden ticket offer, I think the attendance of 4689 pretty much confirms that price isn't the key reason why the crowds are low.

Two holding midfielders (neither of whom hardly put a tackle in or venture much beyond the halfway line) at home is an open invitation to the opposition to take control.

Even Allott and Whitaker were better than this current negative pairing.

Edited by BP1960

Not at all, against Scunthorpe we played really well for 60-70 mins. Today we were terrible from start to finish.

Two holding midfielders (neither of whom hardly put a tackle in or venture much beyond the halfway line) at home is an open invitation to the opposition to take control.

Even Allott and Whitaker were better than this current negative pairing.

What do you want Divkov to do? In another thread you're complaing about him bringing midfielders in when "left back is the priority". Now you're complainign about our lack of decent cover in the centre again. Of course if we lose BOTH our starting centre mids we're going to struggle. We have no money and a small squad, 2 injuries in one position is always going to hit us hard, that's common sense and part of beign a small club with a small budget.

I don't think we were that bad today. First half wasn't great but we still created some decent opportunities. In midfield as expected we were lightweight and most of the good work came through the smart passing of Lee and good work from Morais. Kuqi is doing a lot of running but offering us little in front of goal. He still has that instinct to find the right positions but right now he couldn't hit a barn door, get Smith in if Simpson is still unfit. Reid looked decent, made good decisions on the ball and heald it up well when we actually found him. A shame that it's him at the heart of creating a lot of our better attacking moves instead of being on the end of them. Even when we're apparenlty 'playing :censored:' we're still creating the better chances and more of them than our opposition but we're losing games because firstly we aren't clinical, secondly we're making individual mistakes and thirdly there is a lack of control in the centre which is always going to cause problems. Unfortunately there isn't that much we can do about the midfield, that's just how it is until Furman and Wes are back.

Side point, where is Bembo-Leta?!

If we get a good win, we always follow it up with a bad run - Hartlepool last season, chesterfield and sheff U this season

If we put a ticket offer on, we always play badly - (carlisle £2 - 0-1), (golden ticket 1 point from 9)

if we dont put a ticket offer on or dont have a big win - the crowds go down.

It's obvious to everyone , that without Simpson , Wes & Furman we are much inferior team.

But , does that excuse the first half , not for me.

Stringing 3 passes together looked like splitting the atom. No fire in the belly & so very ,very dull , with no efforts on target.

Second half better & Kugi not making it 2-1 was staggering.

Yet another boring , lifeless performance , far too many players happy with putting a top performance in every 3rd or 4th game imo.

I thought Reid was terrific in his first full game back & Morais tried very hard yet again , as for the rest ...

What do you want Divkov to do? In another thread you're complaing about him bringing midfielders in when "left back is the priority". Now you're complainign about our lack of decent cover in the centre again. Of course if we lose BOTH our starting centre mids we're going to struggle. We have no money and a small squad, 2 injuries in one position is always going to hit us hard, that's common sense and part of beign a small club with a small budget.

I don't think we were that bad today. First half wasn't great but we still created some decent opportunities. In midfield as expected we were lightweight and most of the good work came through the smart passing of Lee and good work from Morais. Kuqi is doing a lot of running but offering us little in front of goal. He still has that instinct to find the right positions but right now he couldn't hit a barn door, get Smith in if Simpson is still unfit. Reid looked decent, made good decisions on the ball and heald it up well when we actually found him. A shame that it's him at the heart of creating a lot of our better attacking moves instead of being on the end of them. Even when we're apparenlty 'playing :censored:' we're still creating the better chances and more of them than our opposition but we're losing games because firstly we aren't clinical, secondly we're making individual mistakes and thirdly there is a lack of control in the centre which is always going to cause problems. Unfortunately there isn't that much we can do about the midfield, that's just how it is until Furman and Wes are back.

Side point, where is Bembo-Leta?!

Midfield players who can do a good job in this poor division are cheap and and plentiful, Brown looks like another square peg in a round hole, while Adeyemi can go for long spells without touching the ball.

I would sooner have Burns in from the youth team than either of them.