Back to predictable, depressing sh1t

Midfield players who can do a good job in this poor division are cheap and and plentiful, Brown looks like another square peg in a round hole, while Adeyemi can go for long spells without touching the ball.

I would sooner have Burns in from the youth team than either of them.

If that is the case, then they obviously do not want to come to Oldham.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger crowds give the players a lift do they ?...I think that's one myth exploded.

Indeed - not that 4,000 is a particularly big crowd. All these players should be wanting to play on a bigger stage than Boundary Park - if they get intimidated when the crowd goes up by 500, they shouldn't expect to amount to much.

Indeed - not that 4,000 is a particularly big crowd. All these players should be wanting to play on a bigger stage than Boundary Park - if they get intimidated when the crowd goes up by 500, they shouldn't expect to amount to much.

:censored: from start to finish today,feckin yeovil!!it cost me around £17 for that shower of :censored: today with me being a st holder an payin for my little lad to get in,to watch them gutless tw*ts

On the OS PD says he didn't think there was much wrong with the performance today!

I personally thought the first half especially was mindnumbingly dull with half hearted efforts. The players can't all be world beaters but the least i expect is 100% effort and commitment.

Had i been a first time visitor today, would i return ?........probably not.

I too have just read the club's view on the performance on the website.

How on earth could they be happy with the first half ? It was dreadful .

No way will people using these Golden Tickets carry on when it is back to £15 plus to watch this.

We don't score goals , have a soft underbelly & the entertainment value is low.

No way will people using these Golden Tickets carry on when it is back to £15 plus to watch this.

PD had his arms folded for much of the game, he looked as perplexed as the crowd.

Edited by BP1960

Very boring game. Two teams we should of beaten at home, yet we have lost both 2-1. Kuqi has missed sitters in both games, time for a spell on the bench, Smith upfront with Reid if Simpson not due to be back soon, or put Taylor upfront with Reid and have Hughes/Millar outwide..

Very boring game. Two teams we should of beaten at home, yet we have lost both 2-1. Kuqi has missed sitters in both games, time for a spell on the bench, Smith upfront with Reid if Simpson not due to be back soon, or put Taylor upfront with Reid and have Hughes/Millar outwide..

Having seen him today in the youth team Burns is the man to enliven a tepid midfield.

I was amazed though to hear PD saying some of the players were complaining of tiredness, you would think Latics were a part time non league club.

Edited by BP1960

PD says there was not much wrong with that performance?

Thats so very; very worrying

It was awful from start to finish

On Tuesday I came away being disappointed at the result but not the performance. I thought we were excellent for 65+mins, played some cracking stuff and were good value for a result that sadly slipped away from us

Today on the othrr hand was just dire. From minute 1, we were hoofing aimlessly; playing :censored: percentage balls to know-one in particular, struggling to string 2 passes together and looking flat as a witches tit all over the park

Too many had shockers. Not just poor games; shockers.

We are devoid of creativity - feck knows where we'd actually be performance & result wise if Lee & Morais were playing at present. We lack bite. We lack drive. We lack pace. We lack ideas & plans. We have no movement.........

The Sheff Utd comeback was a flash in the pan & only papered over a wide crack for a few days

We have a side out there playing that isnt up to it. Too many poor players playing in roles that are key to the balance, shape & direction of the side

LB, CM, CM, LM & ST are all sub standard at present and when you have 5 of your 11 in shocking form or who are just plain shocking full-stop then you're in trouble.

But the most worrying thing of all is that the management think that was acceptable, and that nothing was wrong with that "performance"

PD says there was not much wrong with that performance?

Thats so very; very worrying

It was awful from start to finish

On Tuesday I came away being disappointed at the result but not the performance. I thought we were excellent for 65+mins, played some cracking stuff and were good value for a result that sadly slipped away from us

Today on the othrr hand was just dire. From minute 1, we were hoofing aimlessly; playing :censored: percentage balls to know-one in particular, struggling to string 2 passes together and looking flat as a witches tit all over the park

Too many had shockers. Not just poor games; shockers.

We are devoid of creativity - feck knows where we'd actually be performance & result wise if Lee & Morais were playing at present. We lack bite. We lack drive. We lack pace. We lack ideas & plans. We have no movement.........

The Sheff Utd comeback was a flash in the pan & only papered over a wide crack for a few days

We have a side out there playing that isnt up to it. Too many poor players playing in roles that are key to the balance, shape & direction of the side

LB, CM, CM, LM & ST are all sub standard at present and when you have 5 of your 11 in shocking form or who are just plain shocking full-stop then you're in trouble.

But the most worrying thing of all is that the management think that was acceptable, and that nothing was wrong with that "performance"

Bingo

Bring back Penny to finish off his contract !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was terrible, we looked devoid of any ideas again. It was the worst I have seen us play since Yeovil away in August/September.

I just don't understand why Dickov does not change things. We have key players out so try 4-3-3, 3-3-1-3 or 3-5-2 to see if that makes opponents think a bit more

Pah, you can't have a go at Dickov for fighting his corner.

The first choices of the positions you highlighted are: injured (Diallo/Black), injured (Wes), injured (Furman), out of form (Taylor) and out of form (Kuqi).

If Kuqi had taken a third of the chances he's missed, we'd be safe from relegation and probably be on out way to Wembley - injuries and Kuqi's misses are not Dickov's fault.

Edited by JoeP

Side point, where is Bembo-Leta?!

Don't hold your breath for a Bembo Leta he's been an unused sub for their last 4 games. Some use him being out on loan there, he must be learning a lot! Must have gone a long way downhill since the beginning of last season pre his injury.

His brother Joel on the other hand, who Latics let go, has played as a used sub and occasionally from the start in those 4 games!

Edited by laticsrblue

It's obvious to everyone , that without Simpson , Wes & Furman we are much inferior team.

But , does that excuse the first half , not for me.

Stringing 3 passes together looked like splitting the atom. No fire in the belly & so very ,very dull , with no efforts on target.

Second half better & Kugi not making it 2-1 was staggering.

Yet another boring , lifeless performance , far too many players happy with putting a top performance in every 3rd or 4th game imo.

I thought Reid was terrific in his first full game back & Morais tried very hard yet again , as for the rest ...

NO BECKETT............SIMPLES

:censored: from start to finish today,feckin yeovil!!it cost me around £17 for that shower of :censored: today with me being a st holder an payin for my little lad to get in,to watch them gutless tw*ts

You pay your money to Oldham through the turnstiles or in the ticket office with the one caveat: you are buying 90 minutes of possibility.

Oh, and they provide you with seat. That's it.

Not at all, against Scunthorpe we played really well for 60-70 mins. Today we were terrible from start to finish.

That just about sums it up perfectly for me. On Tuesday night I left BP disappointed that we had lost to Scunthorpe but there were definate positives to be taken from our performance in the first hour. Yesterday was just utter gash from start to finish :ranting:

At the risk of getting shot down in flames for being a happy clapper, i think it's a bit unfair to say we were crap from start to finish yesterday. First half, yes, that was woefully :censored:. At one point their no. 2 had time to fall over, trap the ball with his knackers, get up and set off down the wing again without one of our players challenging him. But second half i thought we were by far the better team and should have won the game. It's infuriating seeing us create chance after chance after chance without scoring, then switching off and giving a goal away. Over the 90 minutes we had more possession, more shots, 14 corners to their 3. That doesn't say to me that we were played off the park, that says we need to sharpen up and make it count when we're dominating the game.

As much as i hate to say it, i can't see Smith making it. Can't win a header, takes forever to put a shot in. Throwing him on when we're chasing the game really isn't working.

At the risk of getting shot down in flames for being a happy clapper, i think it's a bit unfair to say we were crap from start to finish yesterday. First half, yes, that was woefully :censored:. At one point their no. 2 had time to fall over, trap the ball with his knackers, get up and set off down the wing again without one of our players challenging him. But second half i thought we were by far the better team and should have won the game. It's infuriating seeing us create chance after chance after chance without scoring, then switching off and giving a goal away. Over the 90 minutes we had more possession, more shots, 14 corners to their 3. That doesn't say to me that we were played off the park, that says we need to sharpen up and make it count when we're dominating the game.

As much as i hate to say it, i can't see Smith making it. Can't win a header, takes forever to put a shot in. Throwing him on when we're chasing the game really isn't working.

You won't get shot down from me I agree 100%, my biggest worry about yesterday was Smith. I like the lad seems a decent bloke and is living the dream I suppose, but at the moment doesn't seem to be getting any better. PD should give him a bit of run between now and the end of the season and see if he could one day be up to it, same for Brooke if he comes back before end of the season (not sure what the deal was).

It's a fair point, and it's fine for Dickov to highlight the positives.

However, where do you draw the line between being unlucky and just being cr@p?

We seem to have been "unlucky" on far too many occasions this season and there has to come a time when we have to admit that it isn't just down to lack of fortune that we've got had so many poor results.

You won't get shot down from me I agree 100%, my biggest worry about yesterday was Smith. I like the lad seems a decent bloke and is living the dream I suppose, but at the moment doesn't seem to be getting any better. PD should give him a bit of run between now and the end of the season and see if he could one day be up to it, same for Brooke if he comes back before end of the season (not sure what the deal was).

I think the best solution for Smith would be to send him out on loan somewhere, chucking him on with 10 minutes left when we are chasing the game has reached the point where it is no longer going to help him and soon will start making him worse. The problem is due to our current schedule we have an increased risk of getting injuries and Smith maybe needed to contribute more than 10 minutes soon.

I'd be looking to send him out on loan at the start of next season though, not as a slight on his ability but to see if playing regularly at a lower level can complete the final piece of his development to allow him to be a professional footballer for more than 2 years.

A loan move would suit him, I think there is something there abilty wise. With game time and confidence it would break out, he clearly isn't match fit which may explain why he is slow on the ball. He has a decent shot on him and we looked like we could exploit those flick ons with Reid on the pitch, he is perfect build to replace Kuqi in the side.

I would start him on Tuesday given Stevenage are a farily rough team, a shattered Kuqi will be no threat. Simpson should be saved for Rochdale if fit, then come in with Reid would be interesting to see that.