Looking like wqe will stay up,BUT....

Well despite my personal doubts we look set to avoid relegation this season.However,for mine more to do with the lack of quality in this division morethan anything else,there are some woeful sides in league 1 this time round.

Now,the ball is firmly in mr corneys court,the pitiful attendances even in the face of the 'golden ticket' initiative highlight the mess perfectly.What does mr corney intend to do next? IS he looking for new partners or investment from elsewhere?Whar are the 'other 2' up to?

Whats the status of the ground redevlopments?Seems to have gone very quiet on that front?Is it happening and if so,when?

Critical close season coming up and i for one fear an exodus of the better players from BP without investment ..

Well despite my personal doubts we look set to avoid relegation this season.However,for mine more to do with the lack of quality in this division morethan anything else,there are some woeful sides in league 1 this time round.

Now,the ball is firmly in mr corneys court,the pitiful attendances even in the face of the 'golden ticket' initiative highlight the mess perfectly.What does mr corney intend to do next? IS he looking for new partners or investment from elsewhere?Whar are the 'other 2' up to?

Whats the status of the ground redevlopments?Seems to have gone very quiet on that front?Is it happening and if so,when?

Critical close season coming up and i for one fear an exodus of the better players from BP without investment ..

ffs, we are going down because we are :censored:, if we stay up its because we are :censored: but so are they

he has said he is looking for investment

the other 2 have gone

they said the new stand or new ground would not be mentioned until there was any news to tell

we all know we need investment! like every year

we fear the players leaving every season,it wont happen, we may lose a couple but we carry on...we always do

Edited by palmer1

ffs, we are going down because we are :censored:, if we stay up its because we are :censored: but so are they

he has said he is looking for investment

the other 2 have gone

they said the new stand or new ground would not be mentioned until there was any news to tell

we all know we need investment! like every year

we fear the players leaving every season,it wont happen, we may lose a couple but we carry on...we always do

OK as far as the new stand was concerned i stand corrected,i thought i read thas the funds for a new stanbd had been agreed?

And im sorry but the we might lose a couple we carry on attitude doesnt really wash with me,funds are apparently 'tighter' next season thian this .

why is ground sharing with oldham rugby not an option next season,they need a stadium upgrade,which is not going to happen at whitebank,sure they could use BP next season in the championship and its some extra cash for latics.

why is this not beibng looked a5t?

OK as far as the new stand was concerned i stand corrected,i thought i read thas the funds for a new stanbd had been agreed?

And im sorry but the we might lose a couple we carry on attitude doesnt really wash with me,funds are apparently 'tighter' next season thian this .

why is ground sharing with oldham rugby not an option next season,they need a stadium upgrade,which is not going to happen at whitebank,sure they could use BP next season in the championship and its some extra cash for latics.

why is this not beibng looked a5t?

who said it isnt, im sure SC will be looking at every available avenue to save/make money for the club

they are not and they shouldnt have to make public every little idea or discussion they take part in so we can know what going on,SC is more open than most clubs when talking to the fans and if he feels it should be made public then he probably will

in regard to the rugby, i dont think that will happen, i could be wrong but wasnt there a fall out last time about kicking the rugby off the pitch when we had a back log of fixtures...also the pitch may not stand up to it with the amount of games we already have called off

Edited by palmer1

Bejaysus, your prediction of relegation appears to have been sunk, so you've found something else to carp on about. Our season has been defined by other clubs that are rubbish rather than what Latics do, eh? What a pity they aren't all worse than us; we'd have been promoted by now if that was the case. Just not a logical view in my eyes as this season has shown, if you look at other results, that anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Proof? Not in League 1 I grant you, but who predicted Forest spanking Dirty Leeds 7-3 on their own turf? Applies to all divisions. Give PD and Latics a bit of credit., ffs.

SC has, and still is, pumping money into the club. How else have we attracted the kind of players that PD wants? OK, some are here BECAUSE of Dickov, but someone has to bankroll it even with Playershare. You're banging on about investment but, wait for it, it doesn't just happen because you snap your fingers. Maybe you think SC is just sitting there waiting for our Sugar Daddy to turn up out of the blue. I doubt it very much. I can't see him relaxing with his feet up thinking it will fall in his lap. Life ain't like that. And why should he divulge all the behind the scenes stuff anyway? Do you really want him to announce that Joe Bloggs of J.Bloggs International is looking to pump their money in? Perfect way of buggering it up in my opinion. Some business has to be done behind closed doors until the time is right to go public. Not tell the world and his wife about every twist and turn.

We may well lose a player or three this summer, but that's no different to anybody else. If players who are out of contract get a better offer elsewhere, they're bound to at least consider it, so don't be too surprised. But if you think that there will be a mass exodus without investment, unless you have something concrete to back it up with, it's pure guesswork. SC has said he will never see us in administration and would only sell to the right people if they came along. He's been honest and up front so far and I doubt this will change, so put a little faith in the guy, expect a few changes, but get your chin off the floor before you get gravel rash on your bottom lip.

I apologise now for any sarcasm in my post, but I get really peed off with negativity and unrealistic demands. We, as supporters, are not entitled to demand information but be bloody happy when we get it.

Very very well put Bristol latic spot on IMO, do u not think when we are all being positive and showing signs turning things on the pitch and trying to attract more fans what you said is stupid? Ffs as fans we can't effect it so do your bit and get behind the team and at least do your bit not demand thing we or any other club ain't entitled to

It's a game of thin margins at times.

Yes, we all know that all is not well behind the scenes at Latics. Although it could be a :censored: load worse.

But look at the four defeats in a row, all by one goal.

If we'd won two drawn one and lost one we would be getting quite excited now. If we'd won all four we'd be sixth. A bit more luck with injuries, refereeing decisions, composure in front of goal, stability at the back etc during March and it could be looking so different. Equally, if we'd lost the last two we'd be :censored:ting ourselves.

We're not a million miles away. I just hope Corney and whoever he manages to bring in help it to grow on the pitch.

Would have more weight to it if it wasn't for the fact we are fairly clear of the bottom four and haven't really been there all season, if it was by one or two points then fair enough. But if it was we wouldn't be having this thread in March would we? Can I ask do you think Charlton, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, MK Dons are all poor teams? Yes all but one have beaten us but we got good results against them earlier in the season, give the players some credit they are a decent side.

Corney used to tell us about every little development regarding the stadium and it broke down, he cearly feels another announcement and failure would drive more fans away. We are always looking for investors so unless you think SC is just turning people down because they are wearing a bad tie or something I don't see your point.

The attendances have improved since the golden ticket, but if you offer fans a £3 a match deal and they still don't come what more can you do?

Would have more weight to it if it wasn't for the fact we are fairly clear of the bottom four and haven't really been there all season, if it was by one or two points then fair enough. But if it was we wouldn't be having this thread in March would we? Can I ask do you think Charlton, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, MK Dons are all poor teams? Yes all but one have beaten us but we got good results against them earlier in the season, give the players some credit they are a decent side.

Corney used to tell us about every little development regarding the stadium and it broke down, he cearly feels another announcement and failure would drive more fans away. We are always looking for investors so unless you think SC is just turning people down because they are wearing a bad tie or something I don't see your point.

The attendances have improved since the golden ticket, but if you offer fans a £3 a match deal and they still don't come what more can you do?

Er,improve the team and the tactics??

Regarding the quality of teams,i can count them on 1 hand,the good ones..

I am heartened by the fact we have invested in the commercial side.

Jenny and Broady can make us a few quid I think!

I am heartened by the fact we have invested in the commercial side.

Jenny and Broady can make us a few quid I think!

This is true. Although attracting advertising, sponsorship and hospitality in the current climate isn't my idea of an easy life. So good luck to them.

Pie and a pint is all well and good (and a very intelligent initiative) but rather than getting an extra tenner out of existing fans we really want to be getting £100 a head x capacity for every game. I assume this market is fairly barren at present.

As for the club shop, well I guess the success or otherwise is linked pretty closely to attendances. If the average fan spends £50 a season in the club shop and there aren't all that many average fans it's still a drop in the ocean overall.

New ground / stand. Cheap season ticket initiative. Investment in squad size and quality. Get more kids coming. Spare £8m+ to underwrite that lot anybody?

It's always tough for clubs like Latics, but this summer we have a realistic chance of losing a lot of players we can't replace. We try and play more football than most teams at our level, which is why we require players who are a bit different to most of the market.

If we lost Taylor, Lee and Furman for instance then we would never be able to replace that without spending.

We need to keep chins up to give us the ability to get guys like Mvoto, where he joins on loan and then we pick him up on a free.

We need to keep chins up to give us the ability to get guys like Mvoto, where he joins on loan and then we pick him up on a free.

Think we'll sign Tounkara in summer.

Another player to show this is Simpson, loan then free transfer. Shame we didn't get him onto an 18 month contract instead of 6 (but of course we could have the option of extending it for 12).

I think they're all fair questions, we are pretty much safe now and I can see more fans asking questions of just where the club is heading. It's over a year since the toys came out of the pram again, we're less than two years away on the end game of the Boundary Park Park lease running out, so just where are we up to?

I disagree that we have only stayed up, because of other teams' failings. On our day we are a decent side, injuries and a lack of depth have hit hard but failing a Devon Loch collapse, despite one or two iffy runs we have survived with relative ease. I'll agree it's a poor league this year though.

As for the off-field stuff?

Time Mr. Corney answered one or two of these:-

1) We were promised a 20 year lease on BP (Possibly extended to 40 years). Where are we up to with this?

2) Is it true that potential investors have been scared off by a ludicrous asking price?

2) Without revealing sensitive information, has progress been made on securing funding for a new stand?

3) GIven the perceived success of the Golden Ticket initiative what else can the club do to hook in the returnees? (Besides winning 6-0 every week)

4) Is the sum of your and Oldham Athletic's ambition now simply survival?

5) Just what do Ian Hill and Mike 'Bassett' Newton actually do?

6) Are we looking at another substantial cut in budget?

And finally one for the Happy Clappers

7) Is it true the sun shines out your arse and you are beyond reproach?

Time Mr. Corney answered one or two of these:-

1) We were promised a 20 year lease on BP (Possibly extended to 40 years). Where are we up to with this?

2) Is it true that potential investors have been scared off by a ludicrous asking price?

2) Without revealing sensitive information, has progress been made on securing funding for a new stand?

3) GIven the perceived success of the Golden Ticket initiative what else can the club do to hook in the returnees? (Besides winning 6-0 every week)

And finally one for the Happy Clappers

7) Is it true the sun shines out your arse and you are beyond reproach?

This is one of those occasions where a fan on the board would come in handy ...

We were never going down you tool.

Is there really any need for such a post?

I mean,at least one poster (prozac)has acknowledged my post as fair and balanced and consisting of some pressing and pertanent questions.

I honestly think im wasting my time sometimes here...

I don't know what grinds me down more. Rigsby's whole outlook on life and Latics, or the grammar he uses. I don't mean to be a prose pedant, but just reading his few lines gives me a migrane.

Yes,quite.

Now go and learn how to spell migraine.

Dreary me..

Is there really any need for such a post?

I mean,at least one poster (prozac)has acknowledged my post as fair and balanced and consisting of some pressing and pertanent questions.

I honestly think im wasting my time sometimes here...

Have you tried asking Corney? He even made time to let fans ask him questions a few weeks ago.

How about we let Corney get on with things in private? Before things have gone public and its messed up because it went public. There was several investors involved in Failsworth without us publicly knowing, perhaps there is this time? Maybe raise the questions at end of the season with him. We don't need another outburst like last season.

These are the type of questions I would encourage fans to ask the fans rep, or the chairman and with the advent of email you don't even have to get off your arse to do so.