8 games left and I cant see an oafc win in any?

Obviously I don’t want us to get relegated but I just watch us play week in week out and I think how many of the players show a desire to fight for the club and battle hard for 90 mins?

We make chances and can’t score that’s the thing we all know but how many players have we got in our starting line-up who’s lives will be seriously affected if we do go down??

With Kieran lee & Taylor unlikely to stay I am just a little bit concerned at the current attitude and complacency amongst our players and staff.

we are losing games 1-0, we are not getting hammered by anyone, the attitude during the games the attitude seems fine to me we have just been unlucky IMO

We could have quite easily won those games 1-0

I havent been for the last 5 or 6 weeks due to being unable to get to games because of knee sugery but reports from friends say there - as always is not a lot of differnece between the sides we play and ourselves

it is just luck....not complacencey, in fact having just seen notts county goal - if that ball had gone to anyone other than sheehan we would have taken a point from the game -taylors shot 2 inches to the right is a goal and a point or more...fine margins!

things just are not going for us but it will turn!

and if Lee is leaving where are the threads baying for his blood because he wont renew his contract????

remember the Oldham moto

IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE HERE :censored: EM!!!

surley he should be dropped with taylor if he is not a part of next seasons plans???

Edited by palmer1

we are losing games 1-0, we are not getting hammered by anyone, the attitude during the games the attitude seems fine to me we have just been unlucky IMO

I havent been for the last 5 or 6 weeks due to being unable to get to games because of knee sugery but reports from friends say there - as always is not a lot of differnece between the sides we play and ourselves

it is just luck....not complacencey, in fact having just seen notts county goal - if that ball had gone to anyone other than sheehan we would have taken a point from the game -taylors shot 2 inches to the right is a goal and a point or more...fine margins!

and if Lee is leaving where are the threads baying for his blood because he wont renew his contract

remember the Oldham moto

surley he should be dropped with taylor if he is not a part of next seasons plans???

I understand your point with regards luck but to lose games in the last five minutes at the rate we have this season isn’t down to luck.

I am fed up of hearing Paul Dickov saying we don’t deserve to lose.

To make it easier here is a quote from dickov after the Stevenage game how many games during the course of this season could this quote apply to?? Words don’t win you anything nor secure your league status!

“It was a real sickener. Maybe I have come out before and defended the boys when they didn’t deserve it, but here anyone at the game could see they didn’t deserve to lose.” PD 13.3.12

It's only fair to look at it from Wycombe's point of view too.

Carlisle (Home) - pushing for play offs

Chesterfield (Away) - last chance to survive relegation (!)

Oldham (Home) - easy 3 points

Charlton (Away) - could win the league on that day.

Notts County (Home) - last chance for playoffs

Sheffield Wednesday (Away) - could win promotion on that day.

Things might not have gone well for us recently but Wycombe still need to pick up results in 3 more matches than us just to get level with us. Considering 4 of the 6 teams they are playing are the same as ours (including Notts) and we aren't likely to win those games it's fair to say the same for Wycombe.

Assuming that the 3 below Wycombe can't catch us (and after watching Exeter yesterday I'm sure of that) then it's only Wycombe we need to rely on. If we manage one very lucky win in the last 7 games then Wycombe need to win more than they lose just to be level with us. I wouldn't rely on any team fighting relegation to do that.

I'm almost mathematically certain that only one of them can catch us anyway. Rochdale still have Exeter and Chesterfield to play. Chesterfield still have Wycombe to play. In those games both sides can't win, and since we are 13 points clear of Dale and Exeter and 15 clear of Chesterfield one defeat and it means they have to win all their other games. Essentially the OPs logic is that we don't have any meaningless games for the opposition left. However, the last 3 games could be meaningless for the opposition (remembering Preston are below us), Carlisle could be assured of their play-off spot on the last day, meaning they are probably going to play their reserves.

Who'd have given us much chance of winning three in a week...

A Villa

Liverpool

Southampton

I genuinely think there are some posters who want us to go down so they can say I told you so.

That comment there is half of the problem with Latics fans.

Living in the past!

UPDATE:

We play in the old 3rd Division.

We have no money.

We are losing what core fans we had.

We have the worst Ground in the 3rd division.

We can however as fans that remain at least expect some kind of Passion and fight from our players and Management team!

and if Lee is leaving where are the threads baying for his blood because he wont renew his contract????

remember the Oldham moto

And, even if they do, they're most likely :censored: so :censored: 'em anyway. :wink:

Living in the past!

UPDATE:

We have no money.

We can however as fans that remain at least expect some kind of Passion and fight from our players and Management team!

And? Is there a single person on here who doesn't know all of the above already? You seem to have deviated somewhat from your original point, that we're going to lose every game and head further into the downward spiral, bound for the abyss. Are you worried it might not pan out, we'll stay up without too much fuss and this'll all look like much ado about nothing?

And? Is there a single person on here who doesn't know all of the above already? You seem to have deviated somewhat from your original point, that we're going to lose every game and head further into the downward spiral, bound for the abyss. Are you worried it might not pan out, we'll stay up without too much fuss and this'll all look like much ado about nothing?

In all honesty nothing Latics do or don't do worries me really, worry is quite a strong word and I simply don’t care enough anymore it changes my life none.

However while I continue to pay for season tickets to watch a team as a form of (and I use this word lightly) entertainment, it frustrates me somewhat at the lack of progress and desire from paid professionals that happen to find themselves in the same place and time together on the pitch to represent said club.

Kind Regards

Mr dejected of Tameside.

:wink:

In all honesty nothing Latics do or don't do worries me really, worry is quite a strong word and I simply don’t care enough anymore it changes my life none.

However while I continue to pay for season tickets to watch a team as a form of (and I use this word lightly) entertainment, it frustrates me somewhat at the lack of progress and desire from paid professionals that happen to find themselves in the same place and time together on the pitch to represent said club.

Kind Regards

Mr dejected of Tameside.

:wink:

That's a fair point. But I think we have progressed this season, if only in a small way, in spite of the budget being cut year-on-year. We've reached the point in the season, though, where it's just about getting over the line.

These are the fixtures we have left and what the oppo have to play for and tbh I can't see a win and most defo not two!

We look certain to be heading into a dog fight come the end of the season. :disappointed:

Saturday, March 31 2012 Notts County - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Playing for play offs)

Tuesday, April 3 2012 Brentford - Oldham Athletic (19.45) (To keep a play off dream alive)

Saturday, April 7 2012 Oldham Athletic - Charlton Athletic (15.00) (Automatic promotion place)

Monday, April 9 2012 Sheffield Wednesday - Oldham Athletic (12.45)(Automatic promotion place)

Saturday, April 14 2012 Wycombe Wanderers - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation battle)

Saturday, April 21 2012 Oldham Athletic - Preston North End (15.00) (Local derby )

Saturday, April 28 2012 Bury - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation Battle most prob between the two of us)

Saturday, May 5 2012 Oldham Athletic - Carlisle United (15.00) (Play off place)

Replace the word local derby to Lancashire derby and add it to the Bury game.

Living in the past!

UPDATE:

We have no money.

So we can never look to the past!?

It's very different to living in it.

I don't live in the past of the glory days, just as I don't live in the past of when we were nearly bust in the early 60s and at the bottom of the whole league, nor when we were hours away from liquidation when Moore shafted us. I look to the past, yes, because supporting Latics is a lifetime journey for me, good , bad, or indifferent.

It's only fair to look at it from Wycombe's point of view too.

Carlisle (Home) - pushing for play offs

Chesterfield (Away) - last chance to survive relegation (!)

Oldham (Home) - easy 3 points

Charlton (Away) - could win the league on that day.

Notts County (Home) - last chance for playoffs

Sheffield Wednesday (Away) - could win promotion on that day.

Things might not have gone well for us recently but Wycombe still need to pick up results in 3 more matches than us just to get level with us. Considering 4 of the 6 teams they are playing are the same as ours (including Notts) and we aren't likely to win those games it's fair to say the same for Wycombe.

Assuming that the 3 below Wycombe can't catch us (and after watching Exeter yesterday I'm sure of that) then it's only Wycombe we need to rely on. If we manage one very lucky win in the last 7 games then Wycombe need to win more than they lose just to be level with us. I wouldn't rely on any team fighting relegation to do that.

Good point but one vital stat missing -

Wycombe are on a roll right now , won 4 drawn 2 of the last 6.were on a losing roll so factor that in and things look very very different.

I can see them collecting 10 points at least from those games which means we must somehow muster another 4 !!!

• 3 weeks later...