8 games left and I cant see an oafc win in any?

These are the fixtures we have left and what the oppo have to play for and tbh I can't see a win and most defo not two!

We look certain to be heading into a dog fight come the end of the season. :disappointed:

Saturday, March 31 2012 Notts County - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Playing for play offs)

Tuesday, April 3 2012 Brentford - Oldham Athletic (19.45) (To keep a play off dream alive)

Saturday, April 7 2012 Oldham Athletic - Charlton Athletic (15.00) (Automatic promotion place)

Monday, April 9 2012 Sheffield Wednesday - Oldham Athletic (12.45)(Automatic promotion place)

Saturday, April 14 2012 Wycombe Wanderers - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation battle)

Saturday, April 21 2012 Oldham Athletic - Preston North End (15.00) (Local derby )

Saturday, April 28 2012 Bury - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation Battle most prob between the two of us)

Saturday, May 5 2012 Oldham Athletic - Carlisle United (15.00) (Play off place)

These are the fixtures we have left and what the oppo have to play for and tbh I can't see a win and most defo not two!

We look certain to be heading into a dog fight come the end of the season. :disappointed:

Saturday, March 31 2012 Notts County - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Playing for play offs)

Tuesday, April 3 2012 Brentford - Oldham Athletic (19.45) (To keep a play off dream alive)

Saturday, April 7 2012 Oldham Athletic - Charlton Athletic (15.00) (Automatic promotion place)

Monday, April 9 2012 Sheffield Wednesday - Oldham Athletic (12.45)(Automatic promotion place)

Saturday, April 14 2012 Wycombe Wanderers - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation battle)

Saturday, April 21 2012 Oldham Athletic - Preston North End (15.00) (Local derby )

Saturday, April 28 2012 Bury - Oldham Athletic (15.00) (Relegation Battle most prob between the two of us)

But can't see them losing all of them. 8 points clear of Wycombe in 21st with a game in hand. One more win or a few draws will see Oldham over the safety line in my opinion.

Notts County, Wycombe, Brentford, Bury and Carlisle are all winnable.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

We look certain to be heading into a dog fight come the end of the season.

Could not agree more. I saw the Orient game as our only banker 3 points. It could be nip and tuck for relegation.

Some people are desperate for us to be in a relegation fight so they can have a moan. You know, for us to be involved other teams, probably worse than us and equally inconsistent have to start winning games and fast. If we get 3-5 points from the possible 24 we'll more than likely be safe. It's not a huge ask. For the games we lose to Orient we often win against the bigger clubs, it's just how we operate. Factor in the return of Furman and Simpson to the starting 11 and it's not really gonna be that difficult to scrap a few points from 8 games.

Some people are desperate for us to be in a relegation fight so they can have a moan. You know, for us to be involved other teams, probably worse than us and equally inconsistent have to start winning games and fast. If we get 3-5 points from the possible 24 we'll more than likely be safe. It's not a huge ask. For the games we lose to Orient we often win against the bigger clubs, it's just how we operate. Factor in the return of Furman and Simpson to the starting 11 and it's not really gonna be that difficult to scrap a few points from 8 games.

Who's moaning? I see posts voicing concern. There is nothing I would like better than to have the points in the bag so we could build for next season.

Don't go near any bridges for christ sake. We'll win them all, well maybe not but County,Wycombe,Preston,Bury and Carlisle are very winnable games but this is Oldham so we'll lose the next 2 games beat Charlton and Sheff Weds then lose the rest.

Spot on. The bottom 3 teams have gone for me, too many points behind. Nothing to fear from the two away games to come, in fact we have good records at both. And anyway the Bury game will be very tasty if we're both still in need of points!

[yes we are going down, cant see us winning a game again this season!

if they dont want to be here :censored: em! get rid....drop them

how dare he pump money into the club for nearly a decade kepping the club going and then moan in public the...the...the...the :censored:!

its to expensive! lets get the fans in by making offers!

what sort of offer is that? what about me the season ticket holder? what do i get?

i only came for a :censored:in pie and they ran out!..... what game?

:censored: off Taylor

:censored: off Eardley

:censored: off next most talented player at the club

Dickov hasnt got us promoted :censored: off....maybe

Hi im your average Oldham Athletic fan!

oh i forgot 1-0 win at Notts County - how far away are the play offs?

Edited by palmer1

how dare he pump money into the club for nearly a decade kepping the club going and then moan in public the...the...the...the :censored:!

what sort of offer is that? what about me the season ticket holder? what do i get?

Excellent post and absolutely spot on. :applause1:

Edited by Hometownclub

I consider myself a realist. Others would prefer to brand me a pessimist or, at worst, a doom-and-gloomer. Even I'm incredulous at some of the utter drivel in this thread. Not winning another game? Getting relegated? Dios mio!

If people are seriously worried about us going down then why not stick a tenner on us to go down, we are currently 50/1 with Bet365.

This. We will stay up this season, its not quite we HAVE stayed up but its close. A point at Wycombe and Bury will guarantee it I reckon, or 3 points over our remaining games. 1 win or 3 draws that is all, come 5 pm today we can be safe.

One down 7 to go. :disappointed:

I am finding it just as hard to believe people on here honnestly think we are too good to go down? :shock:

The question I am asking myself is will 48 points be enough to stay up?

Don't think people are saying we are too good to go down, that would be stupid.

Facts are that we are 7 points clear of the 4th relegation spot, with a game in hand and a better goal difference than them.

Oh and they have still have to play 4 out of the current top 7.

I am finding it just as hard to believe people on here honnestly think we are too good to go down? :shock:

6 defeats in 8 Kyle, can't see us getting a point out of the next 3 (Brentford, Charlton, Sheff Wed) Then it's Wycombe, PNE, Bury and Carlisle :shock: . The fact the team has zero killer instinct despite stock-piling attacking players is a worrying one. And anyone who is not worried is deluded. Better Latics teams than this have ended the season terribly.

No win in the last 7 in 05/06

1 win in the last 13 in 08/09

And we know that this team (most of them) are capable of throwing runs like last season into the mix.

If we still need a point or two going into the Carlisle game, then i'd be very afraid given the fact they are our bogey team. I don't buy unlucky yesterday, it was again down to the fact we can't finish our dinner. But defeats like yesterday are not the reason we are looking over our shoulders, it is the defeats to Scunny, Yeovil and Orient that may cost us.

For what it's worth I think we'll stay up just, but I think it'll be down to drawing a couple not winning. We have only scored more than one goal at home this year in ONE game (v Walsall)

No one's said that. Of course, when you look at the fixtures, it's hard to pick a Latics because we're crap. But it's even more difficult to imagine us losing eight on the bounce. We only need a couple of points. We'll be reet.

And if we're not, the silver lining'll be that you can come on here and tell us all you told us so.

It's only fair to look at it from Wycombe's point of view too.

Carlisle (Home) - pushing for play offs

Chesterfield (Away) - last chance to survive relegation (!)

Oldham (Home) - easy 3 points

Charlton (Away) - could win the league on that day.

Notts County (Home) - last chance for playoffs

Sheffield Wednesday (Away) - could win promotion on that day.

Things might not have gone well for us recently but Wycombe still need to pick up results in 3 more matches than us just to get level with us. Considering 4 of the 6 teams they are playing are the same as ours (including Notts) and we aren't likely to win those games it's fair to say the same for Wycombe.

Assuming that the 3 below Wycombe can't catch us (and after watching Exeter yesterday I'm sure of that) then it's only Wycombe we need to rely on. If we manage one very lucky win in the last 7 games then Wycombe need to win more than they lose just to be level with us. I wouldn't rely on any team fighting relegation to do that.

It's only fair to look at it from Wycombe's point of view too.

Carlisle (Home) - pushing for play offs

Chesterfield (Away) - last chance to survive relegation (!)

Oldham (Home) - easy 3 points

Charlton (Away) - could win the league on that day.

Notts County (Home) - last chance for playoffs

Sheffield Wednesday (Away) - could win promotion on that day.

Things might not have gone well for us recently but Wycombe still need to pick up results in 3 more matches than us just to get level with us. Considering 4 of the 6 teams they are playing are the same as ours (including Notts) and we aren't likely to win those games it's fair to say the same for Wycombe.

Assuming that the 3 below Wycombe can't catch us (and after watching Exeter yesterday I'm sure of that) then it's only Wycombe we need to rely on. If we manage one very lucky win in the last 7 games then Wycombe need to win more than they lose just to be level with us. I wouldn't rely on any team fighting relegation to do that.

we have lost this season no doubt, but how often do we give away 3 easy points????

we have lost this season no doubt, but how often do we give away 3 easy points????

Obviously I don’t want us to get relegated but I just watch us play week in week out and I think how many of the players show a desire to fight for the club and battle hard for 90 mins?

We make chances and can’t score that’s the thing we all know but how many players have we got in our starting line-up who’s lives will be seriously affected if we do go down??

With Kieran lee & Taylor unlikely to stay I am just a little bit concerned at the current attitude and complacency amongst our players and staff.