Ground redevelopment

It is now more than 8 months since OMBC announced the deal with the club for the re-development of Boundary Park and we have heard absolutely nothing at all since!

I remember Simon Corney saying he would not comment further until funding was in place and plans had been drawn up, however, 8 months is a fair while and the longer the silence, the more restless the fans will become.

We are already into the season ticket selling period and I think the fans have a right to know, what, if anything, is in the pipeline. Have we had discussions with third parties, are talks ongoing, are we nearer to a deal or are we as far away as ever!

Attendances continue to fall and problems on the field seem to get worse by the month.......the fans need to know, and need to know now, either from the Trust or from the club!!

It is now more than 8 months since OMBC announced the deal with the club for the re-development of Boundary Park and we have heard absolutely nothing at all since!

I remember Simon Corney saying he would not comment further until funding was in place and plans had been drawn up, however, 8 months is a fair while and the longer the silence, the more restless the fans will become.

We are already into the season ticket selling period and I think the fans have a right to know, what, if anything, is in the pipeline. Have we had discussions with third parties, are talks ongoing, are we nearer to a deal or are we as far away as ever!

Attendances continue to fall and problems on the field seem to get worse by the month.......the fans need to know, and need to know now, either from the Trust or from the club!!

...and yet you're still here.

And you're point is?

My point is - and I'm no fan of Corney - that he ain't got a pot to piss in, what do you want him to do? Bankrupt the club due to the impatience of a minuscule proportion of its fan base?

If there's no good news, say :censored:-all - until recently he's been following that rule quite well after getting his fingers burnt.

My point is - and I'm no fan of Corney - that he ain't got a pot to piss in, what do you want him to do? Bankrupt the club due to the impatience of a minuscule proportion of its fan base?

If there's no good news, say :censored:-all - until recently he's been following that rule quite well after getting his fingers burnt.

Bloody hell that's a typical owtb response! Probably why so few start threads.

My thoughts, exactly.

It's all gone abit quiet of late regarding the ground.

I think you've answered your own question.

I've been on this site for about five mins today and seen two threads that are proclaiming doom and gloom, this point has been answered loads of times. Ask it again, where is the news?

Corney is waiting until everything is 100%, Corney is waiting until everything is 100%, Corney is waiting until everything is 100%, Corney is waiting until everything is 100% and one more time so no-one asks again Corney is waiting until everything is 100%.

I can understand fans asking the question, after all, we're all so darned desperate for the new stand, which could become a catalyst for some progression for the club.

We were hoping for a new ground, but now have had to lower our sights and settle for a stand with decent facilities and one that can generate some much needed income.

I think it would appease most if we just knew if ANY progress has been made, or if indeed we're at a standstill.

They don't need to go into great detail, just reassure us that we're slowly getting there.

I can understand fans asking the question, after all, we're all so darned desperate for the new stand, which could become a catalyst for some progression for the club.

We were hoping for a new ground, but now have had to lower our sights and settle for a stand with decent facilities and one that can generate some much needed income.

I think it would appease most if we just knew if ANY progress has been made, or if indeed we're at a standstill.

They don't need to go into great detail, just reassure us that we're slowly getting there.

Maybe he would if we were...

My guess is that Oldham mbc are waiting until the new tax year . In sure corney is pushing for an answer off them but he can only do soo much. And how can you not be fan of the very person who has kept latics in bussiness over the last 8 or so years. corney is latics and without him we'd be gone. Some people need to realise that .

We can't develop the ground or the team because their is no money but what is being done to address that problem

Would it be wrong of the fans to necessarily ask the question of what is being done to attract investment into the club?

Would it be wrong of the fans to necessarily ask the question of what is being done to attract investment into the club?

They have appointed and restructured a new commercial team only very recently. Although I cannot comment on their workload, I can't imagine they're lounging around drinking whisky and smoking cigarettes all day. However the fact remains; in the whole scheme of things football is pricing teams like ikkle Oldham out of the market, best get used to not having that pot.

They have appointed and restructured a new commercial team only very recently. Although I cannot comment on their workload, I can't imagine they're lounging around drinking whisky and smoking cigarettes all day. However the fact remains; in the whole scheme of things football is pricing teams like ikkle Oldham out of the market, best get used to not having that pot.

The commercial team will have been brought in to bring in fans to the game and sponsors into the club as well as market the club effectively which is ofcourse a good thing. However they won't have been brought in to find investment for the club or improve the stadium thats what we need to look at if Simon Corney can't do that (through no fault of his own) then we have to look for other ways of doing that something which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.