how long before we discuss the R word?

So far i cant see that anyone has discussed this. Every year there is always a team that charges into the top 6 and likewise 1 always drops into relegation zone. On current form is that team us? Whilst i admire dickov for attempting to play good football, when does he push the button and grind out points, as of yet he appears to stubborn to do this.

I like dickov, i really do but every manager has to recognise in certain times going for a point is nothing to be ashamed for??

thoughts??

So far i cant see that anyone has discussed this. Every year there is always a team that charges into the top 6 and likewise 1 always drops into relegation zone. On current form is that team us? Whilst i admire dickov for attempting to play good football, when does he push the button and grind out points, as of yet he appears to stubborn to do this.

I like dickov, i really do but every manager has to recognise in certain times going for a point is nothing to be ashamed for??

thoughts??

If Chesterfield can do us a favour this afternoon against Wycombe and we get at least a draw at Adams Park on Saturday, that will ease our worries considerably.

thoughts??

I still think we will stay up by a point or two but what a terribly disapointing way to finish the season. Having sald all that we could quite easily go down. Come on shez do us a favour!!!!

We will stay up, only because there will be 4 worse teams than us,

next season though, we must be favourites for relegation and possible administration..

time to get rid of Taggart, save a wage and put either duxbury, philliskirk or kuqi as the number 2..

Anybody else watching the scores on Sky Sports News, with a copy of the League 1 table by their side?

:goggle:

Shez thankfully doing us a massive favour, and hammering their goal difference level with ours again, a couple more please Shez. :censored: or bust for them now on Saturday. I feel they will come at us with all guns blazing, we have to be ready. We beat them easily at BP, I hope we can do the same. But 5 games without a goal even, and 9 defeats in 11 is not good enough and is relegation form.

We will stay up, only because there will be 4 worse teams than us,

next season though, we must be favourites for relegation and possible administration..

time to get rid of Taggart, save a wage and put either duxbury, philliskirk or kuqi as the number 2..

What on earth have you seen from his manner that makes you think he'd be a good assistant manager?

Edited by JoeP

we're sliding worryingly, but the only team that can probably catch us, wycombe, have a run in of:

Us at Home

Charlton Away

Notts County Home

Sheffield United Away

Exeter below them have 38 points, 10 less than us, so unless wycombe pull off a miracle, i think we'll stumble above the drop zone.

Avoid defeat against wycombe we're almost certainly in L1 next year I'd say. lose and i'll be worried. the games against preston and bury (both in the two places above us) will be tense and if we manage at least a point in both or either it'll be a bit easier.

Concerned that Dickov has played the same season in his two years, and i wouldnt be surprised if we finished 17th again. might be time to add a more experienced person in a 'director of football'-type role like Joe Royle maybe? no point getting rid of taggart because we know dickov and him have potential. providing we stay up, corney will have to give PD some strict aims for next season and if we look to be going in the same way as this season and the last then i'd look into a replacement for them.

we're sliding worryingly, but the only team that can probably catch us, wycombe, have a run in of:

Us at Home

Charlton Away

Notts County Home

Sheffield United Away

Exeter below them have 38 points, 10 less than us, so unless wycombe pull off a miracle, i think we'll stumble above the drop zone.

Avoid defeat against wycombe we're almost certainly in L1 next year I'd say. lose and i'll be worried. the games against preston and bury (both in the two places above us) will be tense and if we manage at least a point in both or either it'll be a bit easier.

Concerned that Dickov has played the same season in his two years, and i wouldnt be surprised if we finished 17th again. might be time to add a more experienced person in a 'director of football'-type role like Joe Royle maybe? no point getting rid of taggart because we know dickov and him have potential. providing we stay up, corney will have to give PD some strict aims for next season and if we look to be going in the same way as this season and the last then i'd look into a replacement for them.

Which won't happen, unless their willing to work a pie and some magic beans, and thats assuming they dont run out of pies

Box to box we were very good for 35 minutes of the first half and were the best side but again no cutting edge and no idea of defending set pieces.

Hate to say this but unless we get street wise we will be in trouble.

How many teams have we played that have got 'road menders' in their back four? Might not be pretty to watch but it is effective and they CAN defend set pieces.

Similarly, we have nowt up front and are in real danger of not scoring again this season.

I am not negative but hate coming away from games where we have probably played the better football but come away with the opposing manager saying: 'Oldham are probably the best football team we've played this season'.

Sheffield Wednesday today do a job simply and effectively and get result.