Potential Transfer Targets

As its nearing the end of the season and clubs are starting to release players, anyone have any suggestions for potential targets?

I'll kick it off with:

Ben Parker just released by leeds...

Was quite highly rated as a youth player (england youth international) but has had a nightmare with injuries since he broke into the first team! Had a loan spell at carlisle in january

I'd imagine Dickov knows a little about him from his time there so a potential target for left back?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably too early to be talking about transfer. Personally, I reckon we'll only make 2 or 3, the aim is to keep Kieran Lee this summer I think. Make him the highest paid player, we need him next season. Same for Robbo.

funding will be cut for transfers and wages so expect some players to be heading for the exit, dont be surprised if Simmo and Lee went as well. Next season will be a relegation dog fight

you know that for sure do you?

I can't believe, that this season hasnt even finished, and already the doomers and gloomers are already at it. GET A LIFE.

My mother used to always say, "if you havent got anything positive to say, say nothing!

Budgets will be cut for most clubs in our division partly due to the reduced share in income from tv.I'd wait til we know the calibre of players we have next season before worrying that we'll be down near the bottom of the table.

As for targets,I wouldn't mind us snapping up Bowery from Chesterfield,decent pace and finish and Michalik from Carlisle,out of contract at end of season,commanding and experienced centre half.

I can't believe, that this season hasnt even finished, and already the doomers and gloomers are already at it. GET A LIFE.

My mother used to always say, "if you havent got anything positive to say, say nothing!

well do you think Corney is going to win the Euro Millions over night and spend hundreds of thousands pounds? Im just being realistic even if some dont want to admit that next season is going to be much more difficult than the current season.

My guess is that your mother wasn't an accountant.

Budget cut aside next season, given the injury problems that have plagued the team this season, I don't think Oldham can take risks on crocks. They need players who are going to be available for at least 80% of all games in the season.

But for those bleating on about the budget, just remember, it sure as :censored: won't just be Oldham going into next season with a reduced budget.

We'll have a reduced budget, but so will everyone else bar the likes of sugar-daddy funded clubs like MK:Dons and Hudds.

Players will also once again have to be realistic with their wage requirements and, where in the past they may have turned deals down to hang on for a better offer, be that wages outright or a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year, I think this summer more than ever, they will be better suited to accept any decent (or semi decent!) deal that is offered to them - or risk being just 1 more name of the massive list of out of work players.

Out of contract and of interest (from what limited I have seen of them granted) are:

Matty Robson - Carlisle. Left side

Ryan Hall - Southend - Winger

Michael Jacobs - Northampton - Midfielder

Ryan Gilligan - Northampton - Midfielder

..and Nick Powell at Crewe, but he'll be Premiership bound unfortunately as what a talent he is!!

As much as it is expected for teams with low budgets to be in so called 'relegation dog fights', you only have to look at what Greg Abbott is doing with carlisle, keith hill when at rochdale last season, Stevenage this season etc who all have low budgets to show that it can still work. In my opinion, a fully fit team with chemistry will get far. Something we seem to lack imo!

funding will be cut for transfers and wages so expect some players to be heading for the exit, dont be surprised if Simmo and Lee went as well. Next season will be a relegation dog fight

August is a long time away my friend, as my grandad always told me "Don't worry too much about the future young lad, the Chinese could be here by then!"

And am I the only one who wouldn't be that bothered if Lee went? Decent enough player but he seems to have got away scot free blame wise for some of the rank defending we've seen this season.

August is a long time away my friend, as my grandad always told me "Don't worry too much about the future young lad, the Chinese could be here by then!"

And am I the only one who wouldn't be that bothered if Lee went? Decent enough player but he seems to have got away scot free blame wise for some of the rank defending we've seen this season.

I cant understand anyone not being bothered if lee left ! hardly misses a game been our best and most consistent player for pretty much two and a half seasons now , capable of a goal and provides plenty of assists and is the catalyst to most of our good play . !

I cant understand anyone not being bothered if lee left ! hardly misses a game been our best and most consistent player for pretty much two and a half seasons now , capable of a goal and provides plenty of assists and is the catalyst to most of our good play . !

Lee would be sorely missed if he went, surely got to be considered as a possible captain for next season in the event that Furman moves on

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Think some Droylsden fan on twitter said Dan Gardner was coming to Latics in summer?

Not me (although I did recommend him to the club), but he's really struggling with an injury at the moment, even so he has hit 17 goals this season from central midfield plus countless assists. Surging runs through the middle followed by 20 yard piledrivers are his speciality, he oozes class and his control of the ball and slick distribution short and long are of the highest level.

As well documented by yours truly his ability is not in question, my only doubts are match fitness and stamina, particularly at full time level - a problem that might have hindered his progress as a youth at previous clubs Glasgow Celtic and Crewe.

Edited by BP1960

Nah, he's only been our best and most consistent player by an absolute country mile this season. Get rid I say.

That is surely a piss take? Best player we have had this season by a country mile!

God forbid him making mistakes! Shoot him in the face at point blank range!

keiren lee would be better in midfield . either centre or right . he has too much ability to be wasted at r back . great engine but moving forward from rb leaves gaps which have cost us . put him in midfield and get a steady eddy at r back . i am right you know i am .

keiren lee would be better in midfield . either centre or right . he has too much ability to be wasted at r back . great engine but moving forward from rb leaves gaps which have cost us . put him in midfield and get a steady eddy at r back . i am right you know i am .

We have played him in midfield he wasn't anywhere near as effective as he has been at right back.

When any full back attack's, it is up to other's around them to plug the gaps so not to leave the defence exposed!