Potential Transfer Targets

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious about Harry Bunn and Annonymous back on loan next season?

Sheehan would be a great acquisition but I can't see us attracting him. As for strikers, Billy Kee from Burton could be worth a punt and, I know I'm sounding like a broken record (BP1960 style) but I wouldn't mind us going back in for Scott Spencer from Hyde, along with Ryan Crowther. Crowther was a winger who got binned from Liverpool for 'disciplinary reasons' and has ended up at Hyde when he should be much higher.

Donal McDermott?

I know ballmouth paid a fee for him recently, but he's fallen out with their fans, been done for drink driving and missed the team coach for bury and is now facing disciplinary action. Sounds like the type of player we like to offer a chance too?

I think they want rid... worth a loan move to replace taylor? Maybe he fancies a move back up north!

I'll kick Dickov square in the nuts if he goes in again for Tom Adeyemi - I make that promise on here for all to read. If he does, I WILL do it - promise. In no way should we be looking to bring him back to the club.

The 2 young lads who played against us Vs Crewe in the JPT looked exceptionally talented; but Nick Powell is being linked with a 1million pound move to Arsenal so I think he's out of our reach (!) but maybe the other one; Max Clayton, is still within our grasp?

Again, I've mentioned him a few times but Michael Jacobs from Northampton is out of contract, and whilst he's only 20; he's got 80-odd games and 12+ goals to his name in League 2. A step-up a division could well be an attraction as he continues his development - and we need a left winger.

Someone earlier mentioned Nicky Adams at 'Dale - that's not a bad shout either, and both PD & Gerry will surely know him from Leicester days? Cisak too thinking about it. Hmmmm.

As for CB - I'd love to see Shane Duffy her on a season long loan. He's had a short loan at Scunthorpe in this division; and whilst he's played a few Premiership games for Everton - he's well down the order behind the 'bigger' players at Goodison. Big, strong, quick and dominant, he'd massively improve us at the back IMO.

Edited by slystallone

I'll kick Dickov square in the nuts if he goes in again for Tom Adeyemi - I make that promise on here for all to read. If he does, I WILL do it - promise. In no way should we be looking to bring him back to the club.

The 2 young lads who played against us Vs Crewe in the JPT looked exceptionally talented; but Nick Powell is being linked with a 1million pound move to Arsenal so I think he's out of our reach (!) but maybe the other one; Max Clayton, is still within our grasp?

Again, I've mentioned him a few times but Michael Jacobs from Northampton is out of contract, and whilst he's only 20; he's got 80-odd games and 12+ goals to his name in League 2. A step-up a division could well be an attraction as he continues his development - and we need a left winger.

Someone earlier mentioned Nicky Adams at 'Dale - that's not a bad shout either, and both PD & Gerry will surely know him from Leicester days? Cisak too thinking about it. Hmmmm.

As for CB - I'd love to see Shane Duffy her on a season long loan. He's had a short loan at Scunthorpe in this division; and whilst he's played a few Premiership games for Everton - he's well down the order behind the 'bigger' players at Goodison. Big, strong, quick and dominant, he'd massively improve us at the back IMO.

Don't think I've ever seen him play, but this is the sort of player we should definitely be looking at. Someone from the league below who is out of contract, one thing that was clear for me this season is at times our backups haven't quite been good enough, primarily because our backups have mainly been kids who are still learning their trade- Winchester, Mellor, Smith. Unfortunately with the small squad we've had our youngsters have spent longer on the bench than I would have liked when ideally for them to have developed they needed regular football at conference or League 2 level. Ideally for me when everyone is fit our bench shouldn't have anyone who hasn't had at least one full season of league football on it (so 30+ games), we have struggled to get 4 players in the starting XI with that level of experience at times this season.

Michael Jacobs, despite being out of contract, would still command a fee as he is 20. I suspect it would be quite a sizeable fee too as I heard that Championship clubs were in for him. Leeds definitely were under Grayson, so maybe Huddersfield will be in for him.

You can't be serious about Harry Bunn and Annonymous back on loan next season?

Sheehan would be a great acquisition but I can't see us attracting him. As for strikers, Billy Kee from Burton could be worth a punt and, I know I'm sounding like a broken record (BP1960 style) but I wouldn't mind us going back in for Scott Spencer from Hyde, along with Ryan Crowther. Crowther was a winger who got binned from Liverpool for 'disciplinary reasons' and has ended up at Hyde when he should be much higher.

I'll have you know all my records are LPs and in good condition. :wink:

Michael Jacobs, despite being out of contract, would still command a fee as he is 20. I suspect it would be quite a sizeable fee too as I heard that Championship clubs were in for him. Leeds definitely were under Grayson, so maybe Huddersfield will be in for him.

Maybe we could get him to replace our Huddersfailed bound left winger Chris Taylor... :grin:

• 1 month later...

That was me who posted on Andy Taylor. He was keen as to come on loan to us, it was Sheff Utd who pulled out of the deal; not the player.

It really would not now surprise me if he signs for us after what was said........

I bet they regret that now.

Well I am here in sunny Sheffield and one or two of the side will not be wanting to hear the dogs abuse they are getting right now. Takes moaning to an olympic level even by Latics standards. Should be a lively evening.

You couldnt imagine they would lose it after 3 pens got to give Udders keeper credit...snarl. Lee missing the bonus. Bad thing is Blades should cruise the division next year.

They'll have to play a damn sight better than they did today then...........talk about out with a whimper!