Potential Transfer Targets

keiren lee would be better in midfield . either centre or right . he has too much ability to be wasted at r back . great engine but moving forward from rb leaves gaps which have cost us . put him in midfield and get a steady eddy at r back . i am right you know i am .

It's times like this I miss the minus button.

Probably on course for his second consecutive POTS award whilst playing at right back. If it ain't broke...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree he's our most consistent performer, I highlighted his short-comings very early on in the season. He's very good in the opposition's half, but prone to letting his opponent get in behind. Over the summer if you have time watch the season on LP, you'll be surprised how many goals can be attributed to Lee's short-comings. The weakness at LB has taken the focus off Lee a fair bit, but he should not get off scot-free. His best form has been with a solid midfielder in front of him like Jones last season. Same goes with the left backs.

Agree with Prozac but he is still quality at this levels or me his best form is when he is partnered with morais. Although this may be from an attacking sense. Since Xmas morais has really worked on his defensive side of his game though, making them a good partnership.

Whilst I agree he's our most consistent performer, I highlighted his short-comings very early on in the season. He's very good in the opposition's half, but prone to letting his opponent get in behind. Over the summer if you have time watch the season on LP, you'll be surprised how many goals can be attributed to Lee's short-comings. The weakness at LB has taken the focus off Lee a fair bit, but he should not get off scot-free. His best form has been with a solid midfielder in front of him like Jones last season. Same goes with the left backs.

I think thats possibly an area where we are missing Wesolowski someone who sits and who can come across and cover for him whilst he bombs on which is what he does best we would lose one of our main attacking outlets if he left what we lose in him going forward we make up for with his forward runs. If he goes we will not replace him with the same quality.

every player is bound to make a few mistakes a season, Vidic was nailed on to be Player of the season till Torres pulled his pants down at OT. from what I've seen he is pretty solid, never one to be in the "had a nightmare" category at the end of a game and often in the "played well" or "held his own" one. if we had a team full of kieran lee's who rarely had bad games and was more often than not one of our best players I think we'd certainly be in the top half. Consistent performers at this level are what we should be looking for, not looking to get rid of, especially whilst we are A LEAGUE ONE TEAM and until we get used to that fact the more realistic our ambitions as fans will be

Agree with Prozac but he is still quality at this levels or me his best form is when he is partnered with morais. Although this may be from an attacking sense. Since Xmas morais has really worked on his defensive side of his game though, making them a good partnership.

Agree about Morais, I've been his harshest critic but we have seen an end product from him for most of the season, even going back to his assists early on in the season v Scunny and Dale. He had a ropey spell as pantomime villain at Carlisle and thereafter but redeemed himself with important goals at Charlton and v Notts County. His crossing during the current poor run has been the one highlight, but no bugger gambles. He put two or three great balls in at Hillsborough and no-one read them. He's the most settled he's been in his career having made more appearances for us than anyone else, and at approaching his late 20s need to put down roots. I would definitely offer him another year.

I think thats possibly an area where we are missing Wesolowski someone who sits and who can come across and cover for him whilst he bombs on which is what he does best we would lose one of our main attacking outlets if he left what we lose in him going forward we make up for with his forward runs. If he goes we will not replace him with the same quality.

We definitely need another player similar to Wes this summer, and I hope we bring in a proper ball-playing midfielder like a…..well i'd say a Wellens or Shez but as we're potless a Mark Bonner would add to what we already have. Real shame we couldn't nail Fernandez down last summer. M'Changama is worth another deal though I reckon, simply for his enthusiasm.

every player is bound to make a few mistakes a season, Vidic was nailed on to be Player of the season till Torres pulled his pants down at OT. from what I've seen he is pretty solid, never one to be in the "had a nightmare" category at the end of a game and often in the "played well" or "held his own" one. if we had a team full of kieran lee's who rarely had bad games and was more often than not one of our best players I think we'd certainly be in the top half. Consistent performers at this level are what we should be looking for, not looking to get rid of, especially whilst we are A LEAGUE ONE TEAM and until we get used to that fact the more realistic our ambitions as fans will be

We can still be realistic, but discuss players positive attributes and their short-comings. It's called debate. Lee is a good steady league one player, that perhaps is being played out of position at RB due to his defensive short-comings. I would love to see him in centre-mid, but I think we'd need a big bruiser in there to look after him.

Lee played in CM for us, and was just as annonomous and out of the game as Adeyemi was mostly.

He has converted to Right back, and a right back he now is.

He won POTS last season playing there, and he'll probably win it again this year playing there.

He is the modern day full-back. Better going forward than going back*

I want him to re-sign for us; I really do. But, as a RB & nothing else.

CM needs sorting, but with new-comers - not by moving a now settled and consistent Right Back into there. Round Pegs, Square holes and all that……

.* See Glen Johnson, Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Ryan Taylor, Neil Taylor, Angel Rangel….heck, even Ashley Cole for the high level examples.

As its nearing the end of the season and clubs are starting to release players, anyone have any suggestions for potential targets?

I'll kick it off with:

Ben Parker just released by leeds...

Was quite highly rated as a youth player (england youth international) but has had a nightmare with injuries since he broke into the first team! Had a loan spell at carlisle in january

I'd imagine Dickov knows a little about him from his time there so a potential target for left back?

I heard parker from leeds was the player who snubbed us last month after all arrangments had been made?

Lee played in CM for us, and was just as annonomous and out of the game as Adeyemi was mostly.

He has converted to Right back, and a right back he now is.

He won POTS last season playing there, and he'll probably win it again this year playing there.

He is the modern day full-back. Better going forward than going back*

I want him to re-sign for us; I really do. But, as a RB & nothing else.

CM needs sorting, but with new-comers - not by moving a now settled and consistent Right Back into there. Round Pegs, Square holes and all that……

.* See Glen Johnson, Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Ryan Taylor, Neil Taylor, Angel Rangel….heck, even Ashley Cole for the high level examples.

as far as i know he has never been tried there since becoming a regular,you can't go off an appearance he made when unfit

Hasn't someone mentioned that it was Andy Taylor from Sheff Utd who custard pied us?

That was me who posted on Andy Taylor. He was keen as to come on loan to us, it was Sheff Utd who pulled out of the deal; not the player.

It really would not now surprise me if he signs for us after what was said........

That was me who posted on Andy Taylor. He was keen as to come on loan to us, it was Sheff Utd who pulled out of the deal; not the player.

It really would not now surprise me if he signs for us after what was said........

Has Andy Taylor fully recovered now from his injury problems Sly ?..If so he could be an asset.

Edited by BP1960

started something with the put him in midfield debate didnt i ? its all about opinions .keep it light hearted and keep the faith . we are div 1 side and might suprise a few next year . fingers crossed . they have been crossed for the last 50 year .

thinking out of the box here watched Arboath of scottish league 2 over easter two players stood out midfielder gavin swankie and striker steven doris swankie is 25 scored 74 in 340 games and doris is 24 with 50 in 143 appearacces could be worth alook ?

thinking out of the box here watched Arboath of scottish league 2 over easter two players stood out midfielder gavin swankie and striker steven doris swankie is 25 scored 74 in 340 games and doris is 24 with 50 in 143 appearacces could be worth alook ?

We should get the media on our side and sign players with such headline making names e.g,

"It's Doris's day" and "Swankie turns on the style".

Re: Taylor he was out with a cruciate injury but is fit again now, hence our interest last month. Sheff Utd pulled the plug when their 1st choice LB got injured. Taylor played against us and another 2 games also - he's been replaced again in the side by the 1st choice now he's fit again; so Taylor is stuck now as the loan deadline has passed.

Is Taylor's deal up at the end of the season, if so maybe the LB we have wanted since Charlton left. In terms of signings I have a few I would like to see at BP, no idea if their contracts are up in the summer though.

Reece Brown (loan), Harry Bunn (loan), Tom A (loan), Alan Judge, Jeff Hughes and Alan Sheehan from County (they have some good players there, when you think about it), M Symes from Bournemouth (looked decent when he played against us for Dale), Jason Kennedy (Rochdale), Chris Dagnell (Not getting games at Barnsley after signing in Jan and already been loaned out)