Hi guys, everyone who is going to the preston game at home on saturday, we are doing a protest about the attitude of some of the stewards at boundary park, and about the club not listening to us, we have set a number of emails to the club, about the banner, and about sheffield wednesday trying to take a drum to away games and we have received nothing back from it, also someone in the rochdale road end against Charlton got a choice to either sit down or be chucked out, for standing up, also we would like to push out about the fact of the 3 stands we still have, and the club not doing anything about it, hope you can all join us in the protest, our idea is to walk down from the town centre like the previous protest, or meet us outside the ground where the protest will carry on through the game, we would like as many people to join us on this, we are sick of not being listened too, being treated like :censored: by stewards, and paying so much a season for a season ticket and another offer like the 'golden ticket' to come in... we make the effort every week to come, we should have our say. anyone you know that are coming to the game saturday let them know, tag oldham fans in this message and let as many people know as we can. we are doing a march from the Town hall at 1.15 and walking down to the club shop, i know its short notice, but if you can make it, that will be brilliant, also we are looking into turning around before kick off, and turning our backs to the pitch, if you can make the march it will be brilliant, hope you can all make it. Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone got told to sit down or be chucked out? Well that just takes the biscuit how dare the club follow league rules!!!!! Also what do you want the club to do about the stewards?

Move onto the next point about the stadium this has been brought up many times, when things are sorted we will be told. How do you know nothing is happening? Golden Ticket please read other threads where ST holders have said they were glad of it, so what are you protesting?

Like the Dragons Den I am ruling myself out, this is an odd thing to do. Like the protest of Dangerous Dave's job, it won't change anything even more so when no-one knows what you want changing.

"What do we want?"

"Erm...."

Not powerful really when you think about it, I would reconisder this protest otherwise you'll look a knob.

Hi guys, everyone who is going to the preston game at home on saturday, we are doing a protest about the attitude of some of the stewards at boundary park, and about the club not listening to us, we have set a number of emails to the club, about the banner, and about sheffield wednesday trying to take a drum to away games and we have received nothing back from it, also someone in the rochdale road end against Charlton got a choice to either sit down or be chucked out, for standing up, also we would like to push out about the fact of the 3 stands we still have, and the club not doing anything about it, hope you can all join us in the protest, our idea is to walk down from the town centre like the previous protest, or meet us outside the ground where the protest will carry on through the game, we would like as many people to join us on this, we are sick of not being listened too, being treated like :censored: by stewards, and paying so much a season for a season ticket and another offer like the 'golden ticket' to come in... we make the effort every week to come, we should have our say. anyone you know that are coming to the game saturday let them know, tag oldham fans in this message and let as many people know as we can. we are doing a march from the Town hall at 1.15 and walking down to the club shop, i know its short notice, but if you can make it, that will be brilliant, also we are looking into turning around before kick off, and turning our backs to the pitch, if you can make the march it will be brilliant, hope you can all make it. Thanks

Protest about the Stewards doing their job and enforcing football league Rules?

Protest about 3 stands?

Protest for the sake of a protest?

Why the :censored: do we need a protest?

Shez Out.

well its the fact were never listened too as fans... we pay for our season tickets every season and still the club do nothing to listen to us, all we want is to be listened too, whether its the stadium, stewards or the club... i think everyone would like a say in how the club is run, and a bit more information on what there actually doing

well its the fact were never listened too as fans... we pay for our season tickets every season and still the club do nothing to listen to us, all we want is to be listened too, whether its the stadium, stewards or the club... i think everyone would like a say in how the club is run, and a bit more information on what there actually doing

Bring back Alan Hardy, he was the only one who ever took time to answer EVERY email.

Legend.

I would protest but the only thing about the protest I feel worth protesting about is against the protest itself.

I applaud your efforts to create a better atmosphere but this is just cringeworthy and completely unnecessary.

Edited by jsslatic

if you dont sit in the rocky about the stewards then you wont know what were talking about, on numourous occasions fans have been thrown out of a game for standing up... if you dont want to protest i understand, but we want to be listened too in the rocky, because we're sick of being ordered about

Flagman - you are entitled to feel aggrieved and want to express your feelings, however here's my five pennorth:

'the protest to carry on through the game' - why? Get behind the team - it is potentially a crucial game for us as we are not yet mathematically safe and surely it would be better to show that despite everything you are still behind the team? Also at a time when we are already looking forward to next season and trying to retain the better players why not send them a message that we are all behind them?

'standing up' - persistent standing up is contrary to ground policy - and although I agree that some stewards can be 'heavy handed' surely it would be better to continue to petition the club for a permanent standing area?

'Golden Ticket' - there are a great number of season ticket holders who believe that this was a genuine attempt to lift the crowd at a time when attendances were falling away - not sure what good a protest will achieve?

'three stands' - again this is something that no-one is happy about and of which the club is painfully aware - it is taking far too long to resolve but finances are not exactly good at the moment.

Understand that you feel you are not getting a response but I am not convinced that what you are proposing will get you anywhere. If your emails to the club are getting you nowhere then why not get Barry Owen to help?

It is good that you feel so passionately about the club but don't give up on the channels you are already exploring - ultimately they are a far better way to gain a response.

Flagman - you are entitled to feel aggrieved and want to express your feelings, however here's my five pennorth:

'the protest to carry on through the game' - why? Get behind the team - it is potentially a crucial game for us as we are not yet mathematically safe and surely it would be better to show that despite everything you are still behind the team? Also at a time when we are already looking forward to next season and trying to retain the better players why not send them a message that we are all behind them?

'standing up' - persistent standing up is contrary to ground policy - and although I agree that some stewards can be 'heavy handed' surely it would be better to continue to petition the club for a permanent standing area?

'Golden Ticket' - there are a great number of season ticket holders who believe that this was a genuine attempt to lift the crowd at a time when attendances were falling away - not sure what good a protest will achieve?

'three stands' - again this is something that no-one is happy about and of which the club is painfully aware - it is taking far too long to resolve but finances are not exactly good at the moment.

Understand that you feel you are not getting a response but I am not convinced that what you are proposing will get you anywhere. If your emails to the club are getting you nowhere then why not get Barry Owen to help?

It is good that you feel so passionately about the club but don't give up on the channels you are already exploring - ultimately they are a far better way to gain a response.

ive emailed barry owen a number of times, and had no reply from him... us down the rocky do our best to get behind the lads every game, we sing even if were not winning, no matter what we sing even if noone else will, we always get behind the players and were always behind dickov, its just a protest to show were not happy about not being listened too

You've done a good job in trying to create a bit of atmosphere but the idea of a protest march is stupid IMO!

At the moment the regular group of about 20-30 of you who stand and sing is a piece of piss for the stewards the enforce the rules upon! Concentrate your efforts on getting more people involved, make it harder for them to get you all to sit down!

Protesting will only alienate fans that aren't already involved!

You've done a good job in trying to create a bit of atmosphere but the idea of a protest march is stupid IMO!

At the moment the regular group of about 20-30 of you who stand and sing is a piece of piss for the stewards the enforce the rules upon! Concentrate your efforts on getting more people involved, make it harder for them to get you all to sit down!

Protesting will only alienate fans that aren't already involved!

like ive said, its not going to be alot of people, but its for the people that are tired of not being listened too by the club...

its not going to be a massive protest i understand, but its just for the few of us that ive tried to contact the club, and tried to give ideas or ask for help and never had a response, and been treated like crap in the stadium

It's going to be 30odd 12 year old's marching down from the civic center... fun times at OAFC.

It could backfire and create a discordant atmosphere with bickering groups of fans who are either with or against you. Not the best timing at a crucial game. It ain't rosy at BP but the one thing we can do is stick together and do our best to back the team. I applaud your efforts to create an atmosphere. Just think you should continue with the positive attitude displayed to date. Btw, watch Rayo Vallecano v Barca on Sky next weekend to see how a small club at a three sided ground, create a great non stop atmosphere.

I fear your protest is gonna be very weak brother. You've not given yourself enough time to organise yourselves or been able to define your objectives clearly to gain support. I suggest you call this off and plan it better.

double-facepalm1.jpg

Why do you want to turn around in the game you are there support the team and obviously your not if your turned around. The only protest what actually worked was the one against the council were oafc fans turned out in numbers

Agree that some stewards in the RRE annoying. Especially when they scream at you to sit down and threaten to kick you out for swearing, but when away fans stand and swear at you they just tell you to shut up. Saw that incident quite a bit when I used to sit in RRE few seasons back

But the protest? Really?

They could do something to sort out an area for those who like to stand, such as saying those who want to sing and all that go into block whatever, aslong as not blocking the view of any people who need to use the disabled spots at the back of the RRE to see the game.

were not protesting, it was a suggestion by someone and got told to put it on here, ive changed it now is to get everyone to stand up in the rocky or whoever else is going to join in, thought it was a bit much a march + we wouldnt have enough people, my idea is just to get everyone to stand up and not sit down

I like FLAGMAN and his mad CAPS LOCK ways. Despite my initial misgivings, I applaud the way that he enthusiastically tried to galvanise our support and tried to create an atmosphere at BP when others may have found it easier to sneer.

That he wants the best for the club and other supporters isn't in doubt. However, if you want to protest, then I'd pick a single issue rather than take a scattergun approach whereby you're just angry about 'stuff'.

Protests against the lack of news on a new stand is no-go in my opinion, as Corney has already said that nothing will be announced (as others have pointed out).

Concerns about stewarding may be valid (I don't go in the RRE myself) but I'd say that you may be better off trying (again) to get an explanation out of Barry as to why they take the actions they do. Stewarding (and, in particular people standing) is an issue that many clubs have a problem with (see Citeh, Un*ted, Liverpool, etc) and the likelihood is that they have to get people to sit until current legislation is amended.

As wet as it sounds, if there are a good number of you in there that are unhappy about it, maybe get a few signatures and hand copies in at the club (for SC and Barry) and see what happens then.