Carlisle game

I agree with Pukka - it's a dirty move that makes us look cheap once again. If the club had made it a Cat A from the start because it was the last game then people wouldn't be complaining but to upgrade this match at a late stage especially when we aren't playing for anything is wrong. There's a good chance also that Carlisle will be out of the chase by the last game and they'll bring about 500 in the whole of the RRE and the crowd will be sub 3000 - Good times are back at BP :petesake:

F#€k That....

Im organising a protest at the poor treatment of carlisle fans and our very own pay on the dayers...

We will be setting off from the civic centre at 1:30pm, walking backwards to BP in our underpants...

Who's with me???

F#€k That....

Im organising a protest at the poor treatment of carlisle fans and our very own pay on the dayers...

We will be setting off from the civic centre at 1:30pm, walking backwards to BP in our underpants...

Who's with me???

+1 ....no underpants for me.

"I am outraged that the club are trying to maximise income. How dare they do this. The next thing is that they'll be trying to spend the money on players.

Appaling."

There are ways of maximising income. Giving carlisle fans a price and then saying "oh well you are bringing more people so it's gone up" isn't "maximising income" it's ripping them off.

Lets hope we are doing well next year and someone does the same to us and bumps the price up. There will be a load of people very pissed off on here.

I'll use the:

"They are only maximising income" line

" There will be a load of people very pissed off on here"

There always are. Temperature/price/availabilty of pies, kit design, dickov, website, lenghth of grass on the pitch, stewards doing/not doing their job, shop opening hours, golden tickets, spelling/poor spelling, etc etc.

If, any season, I found out that the ticket price at a ground where we could clinch a play-off spot had gone up I wouldn't be ecstatic but would it "piss me off" ? No.

I'd be getting a ticket as soon as I could, chuffed at being in such a position in the league, and guees what? If it was at a club that was not rich, I'd probably have a smile and say "you robbing b......s, but good luck to you".

If you honestly would then fair enough, you have your reasons.

I wouldn't - I'd be pissed off and I'm not a hypocrite so will say, I think what we are doing is out of order.

I'm with you Pukka; it's profiteering which is at best borderline legal. Having said that I can see other clubs doing exactly the same thing, but if we were ever in the same situation then any complaints wouldn't have a leg to stand on without a change in the rules- which is not going to happen.

I just wish I had bought my seat before the price hike.

The OS says the increase is due to Policing cost and other matchday costs!

Yes the policing costs will be higher but the fact that Carlisle will potentially be bringing 3000 fans more than they normally do would cover that

3000 extra £20 = 60K (If they had kept it at CAT B )

If the extra costs would have been close to £60k i would be amazed

Edited by NIKI1234

F#€k That....

Who's with me???

Can you provide the underpants?

" There will be a load of people very pissed off on here"

There always are. Temperature/price/availabilty of pies, kit design, dickov, website, lenghth of grass on the pitch, stewards doing/not doing their job, shop opening hours, golden tickets, spelling/poor spelling, etc etc.

If, any season, I found out that the ticket price at a ground where we could clinch a play-off spot had gone up I wouldn't be ecstatic but would it "piss me off" ? No.

I'd be getting a ticket as soon as I could, chuffed at being in such a position in the league, and guees what? If it was at a club that was not rich, I'd probably have a smile and say "you robbing b......s, but good luck to you".

In fairness Pete I was going to start a thread about that - I think it's appalling that the club have let the grass grow to such a length. I know I won't be alone in this.

Until the grass is cut to a satisfactory level I wont be buying another strike it lucky ticket - that'll show 'em.

I blame Taggart, the club's ruined.

In the very unikely event it was us targeting the play offs & we were off to Carlisle in numbers on the last day....then we heard they raised the prices 2 weeks before the game , which of course doesn't affect their core season ticket holders we would go ballistic .