The woman in the ticket office

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean Billy Quarmby I think that's his name. I'm sure that's his old school uniform he wears. Struts around like Vince Mcmahon.

He could be a really top lad and, on one hand it probably doesn't do any harm but I sometimes feel uncomfortable about seeing him out there in training kit in better condition than the players, running around like he's won a competition. If warming up is an important part of a footballers preparation then shouldn't they be focussing on that rather than wait for someone to give them the ball after doing keepie-ups.

Match mascots I can understand as they're part of the match-day family experience but it just seems unprofessional to me. I may be out of line and it could be jealousy that I've never dossed around in football stadiums around the country but I don't know what good comes from it.

He could be a really top lad and, on one hand it probably doesn't do any harm but I sometimes feel uncomfortable about seeing him out there in training kit in better condition than the players, running around like he's won a competition. If warming up is an important part of a footballers preparation then shouldn't they be focussing on that rather than wait for someone to give them the ball after doing keepie-ups.

Match mascots I can understand as they're part of the match-day family experience but it just seems unprofessional to me. I may be out of line and it could be jealousy that I've never dossed around in football stadiums around the country but I don't know what good comes from it.

The opportunity he had warming up with the players at Anfield could have been auctioned off for a tidy sum, another opportunity missed! However, I do believe that young William acts as kit man on away trips….

I've found her alright in the past but it was disgusting the way she was speaking to this old couple next to me when I was renewing earlier.

Younger girl I dealt with was perfectly nice though.

I Would have thought the last thing the club needs at the moment is a potential sales preventer working in the ticket office

I Would have thought the last thing the club needs at the moment is a potential sales preventer working in the ticket office

Last year when I renewed my season ticket I got the impression it was all too much trouble for her and made me feel awkward, the club needs all the goodwill it can get at the present time and has to make sure it makes fans parting with their money welcome.

Edited by BP1960

In my days working as a bank manager I recall telling one of my cashiers that it would help if she smiled more at the customers.

She replied "I do smile at them. But I can't help the face God gave me".

I didn't have an answer to that!

In my days working as a bank manager I recall telling one of my cashiers that it would help if she smiled more at the customers.

She replied "I do smile at them. But I can't help the face God gave me".

I didn't have an answer to that!

Noticed something similar last night in the BBC documentary about John Le Mesurier who rarely smiled, but was regarded as an all round nice guy.

Edited by BP1960

Billy does a serious amount of work for the club, most of it stuf that nobody realises. The bike ride and skydive was organised by him. And he does match days for free. The management team show him respect, that says it all to me.....even if they do all rip the pi55 out of him. :)

On a personally level I've found the admin staff at the club very friendly people, they must work roles which at other clubs you'd have 3 or 4 additional people doing. On a couple of occasions I've used my brothers season ticket and I've wanted to sit with my mates in the Chaddy and it's never been too much trouble. Compare this to when I attempted to go to Sheff Utd vs Leeds last season, they wouldn't sell me a ticket because I wasn't on their database and the woman at the ticket office spoke to me as if I'd just attempted to kill Tony Currie. At Hillsborough the other week I got a bollocking off a steward because the woman at the turnstyle didn't give me a ticket stub (although maybe it's a Yorkshire thing)

Edited by Tommy_Fent

All You fans have nothing better to do than slag people off say it to peoples faces rather than sat in from of a screen anyone got anything to say to billy email him have some bollcoks ! call him well you are at it 01617855156 ....

All You fans have nothing better to do than slag people off say it to peoples faces rather than sat in from of a screen anyone got anything to say to billy email him have some bollcoks ! call him well you are at it 01617855156 ....

Welcome to owtb :)