Paul Black released

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mellor won't make it IMO.

At left back, I agree - I don't think we've seen enough of him in his natural position though - wherever that may be. Sweet left foot. Don't think he's the brightest of the bunch judging by his LP interview a few weeks ago though :grin:!

At left back, I agree - I don't think we've seen enough of him in his natural position though - wherever that may be. Sweet left foot. Don't think he's the brightest of the bunch judging by his LP interview a few weeks ago though :grin:!

Still goes to College- do you need to meet a minimum standard of education to go?

Left-sided central midfielder? But perhaps he needs a loan spell to toughen up. (Mellor, that is.)

I'd be looking to get him one, but if he is our second choice LB (which he shouldnt be but still might be) he is unlikely to be released for the amount of time required.

I'll take that bet, Andy.

Diallo is one of the worst I can remember. Never seen someone so uncomfortable on the ball, so out of position, so slow and so easy to get past.

Done - shall we say a pint and some sort of short drink horror story to be settled at the first time we meet two seasons hence?

i've worked very close with david.

he isn't is shapest tool in the box.

football is his thing...hopefully he realises this and works hard at what he has.

Anyone fancy a bet against Diallo playing at a higher level than Black in two years time from now? I have a feeling that out ability not to rat a full-back is as strong as ever. Diallo has quality, although he may have been :censored:e.

When he provided the cross for Kuqi to score early on his debut against Huddersfield I thought we'd unearthed a gem. Although beside the red card I don't recall much else. Then suspension and injuries hit.

Since his return I've seen the slowest full back since watching video of myself playing Sunday League. His positional sense is awful and his anticipation is non-existent. I genuinely don't see a footballer there. I think Black has more to offer, but we'd be right to get shot of both.

Are people actually saying Diallo is better than Black? Diallo makes me wonder why I never got the shot at playing for Oldham, as I can at least pass it five yards easily. Some Latics saw him in his first two games and were ready to give him the keys to the town, I thought he looked but was worried about him diving in. It seems he has cut that out of his game, but so has takling altogether. Has he blocked a single cross since his return? Has made a single cross? Why does he inside, leaving Simpson with nowhere to go? The fact that at times last week Furman played as a second LB should be enough to judge, at one point he screamed at Diallo for not throwing him the ball when he was open. Mellor was far from comfortable at LB, but he is better than what we have now. Release him at 5pm 5/05/11 please Dickov, thank him for M'Chang it's sad that a player is a better scout than he is footballer.

Neither Black or Diallo are good enough at LB for us. You've only got to look at RB and Kieran Lee to see the gulf in class between the two positions. It's been the main problem for us all season. the player at LB gets beaten time and time again, positionally poor. I'm sure Dickov has someone else in mind for that position.

We can do much better than Black and Diallo next season. That said I'm sure Black will comfortably find a side in League 2.

Black and Diallo were nowhere near as good as Tierney.

I don't rate black so glad he is gone

Not too fussed about diallo thought he looked good on his debut certainly not slow but post injury hasn't looked great..personally I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff see something in him and keep him on over the summer and bring in anothe lb too.