Chris Taylor..............Offski ?

Get him back on loan after Christmas...

Joey Beauchamp the II, too much of a mard arse to make it in the league above.

I thank him for his service, nice to see a local lad in the shirt, but his good days were increasingly few and far between apart from his purple patch towards the end of 10/11, he has been pretty average for the last 3 1/2 seasons. He'll need to reign in that arguing with refs too can't see them putting up with it as much in the League above.

Good Luck Chris, to be fair I think you'll need it, your reputation for going down like you've been shot and being an all round gob :censored:e will precede you.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheff United away this year. I'm gunna remember that for a long time. Great day and Taylor was the stand out player of a memorable 2nd half.

Good luck. Change is for the best for all concerned IMO.

Deserves a warm welcome back in the future - but I wont be losing sleep that he has gone.

Sheff United away this year. I'm gunna remember that for a long time. Great day and Taylor was the stand out player of a memorable 2nd half.

Good luck. Change is for the best for all concerned IMO.

Deserves a warm welcome back in the future - but I wont be losing sleep that he has gone.

My memory will be his over-zealous whining that arguably put Kuqi off for our biggest penalty of the season…he should have walked that night.

My memory will be his over-zealous whining that arguably put Kuqi off for our biggest penalty of the season…he should have walked that night.

Didn't go - I had to work that night. I have heard that though from a fair few that went.

I'll remember his two goals at Leeds, his winner at home to Milwall, his 93rd winner away to Milwall, destroying Forest on his debut, him jumping into the crowd after scoring at Carlisle and his piss head of a dad much more than I'll remember him moaning before a penalty is taken!

Joey Beauchamp the II, too much of a mard arse to make it in the league above.

I thank him for his service, nice to see a local lad in the shirt, but his good days were increasingly few and far between apart from his purple patch towards the end of 10/11, he has been pretty average for the last 3 1/2 seasons. He'll need to reign in that arguing with refs too can't see them putting up with it as much in the League above.

Good Luck Chris, to be fair I think you'll need it, your reputation for going down like you've been shot and being an all round gob :censored:e will precede you.

:lol:

12 Month deal? Really.... That could bite him on arse. Not that in demand then? Its a make or break 4 months or could soon be offloaded. Lee got the better deal.

It could, but i admire him for taking a chance and backing himself. Not really the actions of someone who only wants to be stuck in their comfort zone?

Goes with my best wishes. Very very good player who will go on to do well for himself just like Eardley, Tierney etc. Don't doubt that for a minute, just gone a bit stale at BP so a move is the best thing for him. All the best Chris, thanks for some great memories, genuinely.

Strawberry blonde though? You're having a laugh? :grin:

What a :censored: memory that is! He may not have been on form the past season but he has been one of our better players for a long time.

What a set of twats!!!!

:censored:in great servant to the club, many great memories from the lad!

Good luck Chris, hope it works out....thanks for for your efforts and onwards and upwards!!

Thats a bit overboard isn't it?

Its a football forum, which is meant for people with DIFFERENT points of view, otherwise there wouldn't be a discussion.

Great servant, gone more than stale last season............ he was getting on everyone's tits with his whinging and diving instead of doing what he does best!

Good luck and all the very best Chris, I genuinely hope it works out!

Taylor doesn't deserve half the stick he gets. He's one of the few exciting players we've seen at Boundary Park over the last few years. People make out he was only decent for a single season but that isn't true. Don't forget he got into double figures for goals the season before this one (and a few years previously). He's made over 250 appearances for the club. Yes, his form has dipped but I don't think there's ever been a lack of effort. He has his flaws; that's why he was playing for Latics, albeit he had chances to go to Championship clubs before and turned them down to stay at Oldham.

I wish him well. He's been as good a servant to the club as anyone in recent years and I hope he makes a success of his next move.

I'd like to say I'm suprised by some of the responses on this thread. But I'm not.

I'll remember his two goals at Leeds, his winner at home to Milwall, his 93rd winner away to Milwall, destroying Forest on his debut, him jumping into the crowd after scoring at Carlisle and his piss head of a dad much more than I'll remember him moaning before a penalty is taken!

And when he murdered them at the Gayfarm the day we apparently filled it with 179 fans and a sheepdog. If he'd finished off that run when he broke through the middle it would be up there with Fat Ronaldo's efforts as a kid.

What a set of twats!!!!

:censored:in great servant to the club, many great memories from the lad!

Good luck Chris, hope it works out....thanks for for your efforts and onwards and upwards!!

Get over ya self. Chris will with his signing on fee. Next hero please.

Edited by Lags

Thanks for the memories Chrissy Taylor.

We are all well aware his form has suffered recently and even his biggest fans will agree this is the best time for him to move on. He's an annoying little ginger idiot at times, but no-one can seriously doubt how much of a miss he will be for us. The way certain fans view and treat him has been embarrasing in recent years so well done to you all. Consistantly double marked even this season, his best games come against the top sides, particularly Liverpool and Sheff Utd. This is either because he WILL make it at the higher level when he isn't being double marked, or as the detractors will argue because he only turns it on when he can be arsed. Anyone of us that was fortunate to watch the 15mins at Sheff Utd, when on his own he dragged his team up from the turf at the start of the half when the Blades should already be out of sight, will understand what he still brings to the table - he was outstanding that day. Not forgetting scoring the winner in his comeback match against Southend to take us to Anfield. He always wants the ball and unfortunately we can't say that about many other current players. Even when playing poorly he has still looked our biggest potential threat and other than this season has carried a real goal threat.

250+ games from a true Latics supporting lad from Saddleworth and the haters come out in force on threads like these. Take a moment please to think of many other players that show the sort of commitment and loyalty this lad for our club or any club in the land these days. I think the haters will only realise the extent to which we will miss him over the next season. Milwall is a surprise, but it's at the level you deserve to be at so well done.

Good luck Chris. Thanks for all the effort!

Edited by eyres_28

If Millwall are the only club looking to sign him then I hope the offer is a lot greater than our offer.

Go to the New Den and play or stay and complete our project?

Good luck to Chris but I know what I'd do if I was in his position

If Millwall are the only club looking to sign him then I hope the offer is a lot greater than our offer.

We have a project??

Guest Scratch2000uk

Has anyone considered the impact on bar takings in town? Just a question like.

A few more boozers with less takings along with the bookies, on the plus side, Oldhams carbon emissions will be down when he takes that battered old VW with him. :devilish:

What's that? Battle relegation to League 2 or get the chance to test yourself at a higher level? Surely you would do the same thing?