Misleading Club Statements

The top and bottom of it is that two sets of fans do not rate the lad. That tells me he won't be the next Lee.

that tells you nothing, he never made a 1st team appearence at Sheff Utd, so how many of those fans actually watched him over a number of games?

you have just decided from what you have read!

im not saying he is going to be anything until i watch him play a few times

but its typical of Latics fans today to already decide he is not worth his contract before the ink has even dried on it

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that tells you nothing, he never made a 1st team appearence at Sheff Utd, so how many of those fans actually watched him over a number of games?

you have just decided from what you have read!

im not saying he is going to be anything until i watch him play a few times

but its typical of Latics fans today to already decide he is not worth his contract before the ink has even dried on it

I just expect better signings thats all.

This is you just a month ago. You seem to be singing a different tune now.

4 May

Can we stop being negative and get behind the team all season? Can we back Dickov who quite clearly loves our club and will do anything for us fans.

Yes he has made mistakes but so do all managers, even at the top level and I would MUCH rather have a manager who loves our club than an egotistical knob in it for the money alone.

He says he wants passion and battlers in the team next season. Lets show him that us fans still have the passion and hunger to support the lads wearing our shirt.

I for one love having Dickov as manager and will back him and whoever is in the quad next season all the way. Surely it's more enjoyable than moaning all season?
Edited by LaticsPete

The gulf is huge I completely agree...but like someone previously said, a Premier League reserve is about League One standard. A League One reserve is Blue Square at best!

Not sure if this holds up though - we've seen enough Premier reserves who are way worse than what we have and we've had players in our reserves who have gone a lot higher.

Some right bitches claim to support this club. Seems a reasonable signing to me and im looking forward to seeing.him in action with a decent pre season with the squad behind him.

Whats with all this i was expecting a better signing nonsense? Who do these people think we should be signing?

Some right bitches claim to support this club. Seems a reasonable signing to me and im looking forward to seeing.him in action with a decent pre season with the squad behind him.

Whats with all this i was expecting a better signing nonsense? Who do these people think we should be signing?

A player capable of replacing our player of the season...

Welcome to Boundary Park, Connor. Given all the moaning sods who will criticise everything the club does, even if it contradicts whatever they've moaned about before, you may have created (or at least equalled) an OWTB record. You're the latest boo-boy before you even kick a ball for us.

Supporters? Don't make me laugh. How can an honest fan of a football club swear undying support for a manager and whoever is in his squad and then decide that a signing is crap without even seeing him play.

A message for oafc_lover. I have a feeling that PD knows a little more about a footballer's capabilities than you do. If your sig is genuine, try a little good grace and give the kid a chance. Because that's what genuine supporters do; not write utter bollocks without any foundation other than what you read from other fans. I doubt every single one of them were of the same opinion, just a certain percentage of them.

I honestly wonder why anyone would want to play for us if they read some of the garbage on here.

How do you know he won't be? You've never seen him or know how he can develop. Any ideas who we should be signing? Assuming we can afford them and they want to play in League 1.

Edited by Bristolatic

Stop looking at them replacing someone.

He's his own player. He'll be a different player to Lee. Not fair to judge him on the player previously in the position he'll be playing when he'll be a different type of player.

Welcome to Boundary Park, Connor. Given all the moaning sods who will criticise everything the club does, even if it contradicts whatever they've moaned about before, you may have created (or at least equalled) an OWTB record. You're the latest boo-boy before you even kick a ball for us.

Supporters? Don't make me laugh. How can an honest fan of a football club swear undying support for a manager and whoever is in his squad and then decide that a signing is crap without even seeing him play.

A message for oafc_lover. I have a feeling that PD knows a little more about a footballer's capabilities than you do. If your sig is genuine, try a little good grace and give the kid a chance. Because that's what genuine supporters do; not write utter bollocks without any foundation other than what you read from other fans. I doubt every single one of them were of the same opinion, just a certain percentage of them.

I honestly wonder why anyone would want to play for us if they read some of the garbage on here.

How do you know he won't be? You've never seen him or know how he can develop. Any ideas who we should be signing? Assuming we can afford them and they want to play in League 1.

Fair comments. I have been harsh on the lad. The twitter message built my hopes up for something huge and I won't pretend it wasn't a massive disappointment. I know myself I will back whoever is in the team on the day of the game but I was just expecting something a lot bigger than this signing.

How the :censored: did my comment lead you to this conclusion you complete and utter fool?!

breaking news on the website

LATICS HOPE TO CONFIRM A 3RD SIGNING OVER THE WEEKEND

you might get this super doopa star signing you are after!

DONT BUILD UP YOUR HOPES!

A signing, any signing is quite exciting in that it generates a talking point. To write him off before seeing him is embarrassing and those that will only get excited at signing well known players are likely to be disappointed more often than not I'm afraid.

If the news isn't exciting enough, then maybe unfollow the clubs twitter feed.

How the :censored: did my comment lead you to this conclusion you complete and utter fool?!

if you are expecting us to replace our player of the season with that of a similar calibre you are the fool

Edited by Haribo_man

People keep saying "you've never seen him" but do we need to? The lad has been released by a club in the same league as us who was only just a reserve by the sounds of things and even HINKLEY think he's crap. With all our top earners gone I'm sorry but i do expect a better signing than this. If this is exciting then a football league standard player would make the world implode.

You obviously didn't see Dennis Irwin? Andy Linhigan? Neil Adams? Roger Palmer? Ian Marshall? Ricky Holden? :censored: it, I can't be arsed any more.

Point I am making is, some managers are better than others in talent spotting!

Did you know, Neil Eardley, Aaron Wilbraham and Marc Tierney have all played in the Premier League over the last few years.......I gaurantee when they were signed for their clubs their fans were moaning about what they had done previously.

This site has become so cynical over the last 12 months that traffic has vastly reduced as people basically become pissed off with the constant moaning. The negativity today is, even by this boards recent standards, unbelievable.

There will be another "signing" announced tomorrow that I guess in all likelyhood will be either Wes, Tonks or (hopefully) Simpson re-signing. There again, it may be sme one new who will "excite." Most clubs have not made any signings yet and only 48 hours ago people on here were moaning that we had not signed anyone either new or on renewals and that the club were giving us no news. Doom and gloom was the order of the day.

Then 3 signings in 24 hours and the same people are still moaning, just moving the goalposts.

The midnight oil has been burning at BP this week as long hours have been put in by the chairman, manager and CEO. News will come out when the time is right and the club will give teasers of what is coming up to grab attention and drive traffic through the income generating websites during the closed season. All as per has been suggested on this site over the last couple of years. You got your way so shut the F up.

Bring on the new season asap please I'm bored already.

Oh by the way. Good luck to Kieran Lee. The lad deserves his chance to try his luck at a higher level. I don't mind admitting being wrong when after his 1st game at right back against Hartlepool I said he was a liability and would never make a full back. He still has a lot to learn but I get the feeling that the lad has made such good progress over the last 2 years he will eventually end up back in the Premiership. It's 1 I will keep a keen eye on in the future.

As for Chris Taylor. I maintain what I have always said about our club. Basically if we had the chance to sell him then we should have done. That is what brought us success in the past. Selling when we could and "re-investing" an appropriate amount of that income in the squad. I'm gutted that he has gone. Not as some on here because they think he is :censored:, but simply because I think we missed an opportunity. Good luck Chris, I hope the change of scenery bring you success.

If the money is offered for Cisak that has been rumoured then please please OAFC take it.

The gulf is huge I completely agree...but like someone previously said, a Premier League reserve is about League One standard. A League One reserve is Blue Square at best!

And that answer can also apply to your last

question.

Hmm.. Who walked into our side a class act who couldn't catch at a league 1 side and scored in the scousers net???

Hmm.. Who walked into our side a class act who couldn't catch at a league 1 side and scored in the scousers net???

Totally different mate. Simpson had proved himself at League One and Championship level before his move. Anyway I've admitted to being harsh on the lad. What more do you want?! ;)

Totally different mate. Simpson had proved himself at League One and Championship level before his move. Anyway I've admitted to being harsh on the lad. What more do you want?! ;)

Nah sorry the damage is done, never mention his name again ;~)