Hello guys,

I'm Duncan and I'm from The Hague Holland, in September I'll be coming over because I'm having an internship in Prestwich.

And I hoped by using this forum I could get in touch with you guys, I'd wish to join every match while I'm in England even awaydays.

But since I'm coming over all alone I would like to have a contact to meet up for match days and other times.

Why Oldham you might been wondering, well I've got a weakness for smaller clubs because I think that in those clubs the real football experience is still there.

Even my club ADO Den Haag which I support is no big club and played second division for years, all of these I'd like to explain and talk about with a good beer.

Next to that could someone tell me more about the scene at Oldham athletic?

So if there is someone that wants to hook up with me please tell me!

Cheers!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first discovered football on the radio as an 8 year old in 1976. West Ham were on a run to the European Cup Winners Cup final and I recall Den Haag being one of their opponents on the way. I seem To recall a 4-2 second leg win not being enough to see the Dutch side go through, the away goals rule scuppering them.

Wrexham also made the quarter finals that season. Non league now.

Welcome to the madhouse that is Oldham Athletic!

Good choice Duncan! What's your internship?

I'm going to a property management office in Prestwich.

It's like this every week mate.

Haha very nice the crowd must have had a bad day for their hearts.

Royle Army?????

What is that and what do you mean with it?

Hello guys,

I'm Duncan and I'm from The Hague Holland, in September I'll be coming over because I'm having an internship in Prestwich.

And I hoped by using this forum I could get in touch with you guys, I'd wish to join every match while I'm in England even awaydays.

But since I'm coming over all alone I would like to have a contact to meet up for match days and other times.

Why Oldham you might been wondering, well I've got a weakness for smaller clubs because I think that in those clubs the real football experience is still there.

Even my club ADO Den Haag which I support is no big club and played second division for years, all of these I'd like to explain and talk about with a good beer.

Next to that could someone tell me more about the scene at Oldham athletic?

So if there is someone that wants to hook up with me please tell me!

Cheers!

Duncan, be prepared for some people being sceptical about you.

We had a very elaborate joke about someone from Holland a while back.

Welcome all i would say mate is any chance bringing over say 2,000 mates to one of our games trust me more than enough room to get them in

My knowledge on DenHaag is RVB the darts player comes from there :)

Oh and sit in the Chaddy away from the mainstand moaners and better atmopshere, wouldnt hurt the club to run a feature on this on the OS if genuine

Duncan, be prepared for some people being sceptical about you.

We had a very elaborate joke about someone from Holland a while back.

What was it about?

Welcome all i would say mate is any chance bringing over say 2,000 mates to one of our games trust me more than enough room to get them in

My knowledge on DenHaag is RVB the darts player comes from there :)

Oh and sit in the Chaddy away from the mainstand moaners and better atmopshere, wouldnt hurt the club to run a feature on this on the OS if genuine

Haha well better than having no place to stand right?

Barney oh yeah he comes from the same city department as mine

the Chaddy is a stand aswell? That's where the singing supporters are? Like the ''harde kern'' as we call it.

Welcome to a very negative fans forum Duncan!

You will have more fun than watching City and United though!

Thanks and that is what I hoped for while choosing a club to watch in my time over.

I know little of Den Haag other than that they were founded on February 1 1905, won the Eerste Divisie in 1957 and of course who could forget the famous march into Europe in 1968 and THAT 2-0 win away at Grazer AK.

I know little of Den Haag other than that they were founded on February 1 1905, won the Eerste Divisie in 1957 and of course who could forget the famous march into Europe in 1968 and THAT 2-0 win away at Grazer AK.

haha and why do you know this? We even were champions twice in WWII though hehe

Duncan, whenever you fancy a beer or away days you'll be welcome in our group. I am always over in Holland working, in fact there this coming week.

Ah that's great to hear mate I will join you guys for a beer for sure!

Simple google search reveals he's the real deal ;)

Good on you for wanting to go the away games, they are definitely more fun at the moment!

Home games can still be good, especially if we start winning more of them. (Last 2 years at home: W16 D14 L16)