Boycott the City Game?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come not the Sheff Wed game?

Cos Im a petty bastard.

What annoys me is the fact the game shows a short term attitude to a long term problem. This panders to city fans only. Lets grab some of their cash - Fine. That can be the attitude, but they wont be there every week will they?

The golden ticket idea was a good idea. As a seasom ticket holder I was right behind it. Why? It was to get LATICS fans to come. It was to encourage LATICS fans to turn up. We need the support.

Like I said, I wont be going.

The whole thing has been a Great PR excersice from the club.

Extremely sad! How on earth can latics be accused of being money grabbers!! We work off a shoe string budget and we chose city over Birmingham in a friendly. Latics are SKINT no question about it so fair play to latics voting to play against the likes of Joe hart lescott Milner balotelli etc well done latics! I will be going because I support my club rain or shine, bad football or good football, money or not. I willhappily hand them £15 for that. The so called fans on here wanting to 'boycott' the game need to go support someone else cause you are the ones which don't turn up during the season anyway. It's no wonder we can't get people investing in us when we have a group of pathetic people trying to stop the club from success.

Well done latic, looking forward to the game already.

It does state due to policing? So a tenner is what they would have usually charged, the extra fiver is to cover the policing costs.

i haven't been able to access the offcial site, keep getting a mobile error.

I think i was rash in posting this thread - but i still don't agree with 15quid a ticket.

Extremely sad! How on earth can latics be accused of being money grabbers!! We work off a shoe string budget and we chose city over Birmingham in a friendly. Latics are SKINT no question about it so fair play to latics voting to play against the likes of Joe hart lescott Milner balotelli etc well done latics! I will be going because I support my club rain or shine, bad football or good football, money or not. I willhappily hand them £15 for that. The so called fans on here wanting to 'boycott' the game need to go support someone else cause you are the ones which don't turn up during the season anyway. It's no wonder we can't get people investing in us when we have a group of pathetic people trying to stop the club from success.

Well done latic, looking forward to the game already.

"You are the ones who dont turn up during the season anyway"

No mate, We are season ticket holders. We've bought a ticket for every game already. We are the ones who do turn up.

Who cares if you "boycott" the game! Just means an extra seat for a City fan and their £15. Good on Latics for organising this game and getting an extra cash boost. Lets look at the positive instead of the negative just for once!

"You are the ones who dont turn up during the season anyway"

No mate, We are season ticket holders. We've bought a ticket for every game already. We are the ones who do turn up.

Echo the sentiments, we are the people that like me have turned up for 10+ years, every game and we still get nothing in return.

Granted, i wouldn't be entitled to anything as i'm no longer a ST holder from this season, but i've still been there for 10 years.

Ok edit most. I'm a season ticket holder also, I could understand if we had money or were in a higher league but we are not! If we don't get another big cup game this year this friendly could be the difference between financial problems and having a comfortable season.

Who cares if you "boycott" the game! Just means an extra seat for a City fan and their £15. Good on Latics for organising this game and getting an extra cash boost. Lets look at the positive instead of the negative just for once!

Agree

Ok edit most. I'm a season ticket holder also, I could understand if we had money or were in a higher league but we are not! If we don't get another big cup game this year this friendly could be the difference between financial problems and having a comfortable season.

how? it's City reserves.

what am I missing?

Latics wouldn't be that stupid to host city charge £15 then have them play reserves. All the players from the euros will be playing as non of them went on the tour. If they do play the reserves then it's a different story completely but I can't see it

Echo the sentiments, we are the people that like me have turned up for 10+ years, every game and we still get nothing in return.

Granted, i wouldn't be entitled to anything as i'm no longer a ST holder from this season, but i've still been there for 10 years.

Please don't say "we" as though you're speaking on behalf of all season ticket holders.

And this "we still get nothing in return" - other than reduced price admission. vouchers for the club shop, free reserve matches, first dibs on tickets when there might be a shortage , and free admission to most friendlies.

ive been going 20 odd years +

i dont expect anything, except for the club to be run properly so that i can still be going in 20 years +

if that means when a big club comes to town in friendly, league, cup, testiomonial thay add a fiver to the price

then so be it!

why do Latics fans expect something all the time? they put on offers each season, the club are open with the fans (far more than other clubs)

they are always trying to do the best for the fans aswell as the club itself - it must be a nightmare balancing act

whatever they do they never seem to be able to win.

Edited by palmer1

Whilst we're losing money, Brum are getting parachute payments from the Premierleague. A sense of prospective is needed perhaps.

We're losing money because us, along with about 40 other clubs, are being marginalised by the very sort of club our officials barrack yet show a complete disregard to arrangements and arrange a bloody friendly with them.

Is it a pre-season game to test the players' shape, fitness, and partnerships? No. We've hounded the biggest club we can in order to get 8,000 on the gate.

Personally, I haven't got the "if we can't beat 'em, join 'em attitude".

ive been going 20 odd years +

i dont expect anything, except for the club to be run properly so that i can still be going in 20 years +

if that means when a big club comes to town in friendly, league, cup, testiomonial thay add a fiver to the price

then so be it!

why do Latics fans expect something all the time? they put on offers each season, the club are open with the fans (far more than other clubs)

they are aleays try to do the best for the fans aswell as the club itself - it must be a nightmare balancing act

whatever they do they never seem to be able to win.

"I dont expect anything, except for the club to be run properly" - Me either! This whole friendly affair shows how poorly it is.

Man City for £15 Premier league champs for £15 .... More city fans than Oldham maybe ?

Let's not let this happen ! Owtb peeps ! Every penny counts especially after no games for nearly 3 Months.

Btw - look at expected team on Matt chambers twitter !!

-

Palmer1, I'd say there's a fairly obvious line between supporting a club and being a mug.

Tell me something - how in Christ's name can anyone justify charging less for a game that counts and then having £15 plastered about for a friendly?

Would it be £15 if we played Wigan Athletic? I can't believe some people accept Corney picking and choosing prices, especially in pre-season.

Date online: 12 July 2012 - chronicle

MARIO Balotelli and company are set to grace Boundary Park later this month in a game full of intrigue and prestige.

A friendly has been fixed between Premier League champions Manchester City and Athletic for July 31 (7.45pm kick-off) to give game time to the club’s Euro 2012 stars. It replaces the Birmingham City fixture due that night.

Though it has come about quickly, Athletic are overjoyed about landing such a lucrative game — one that former City striker, now Athletic boss Paul Dickov and club officials have been chasing for some time.

The majority of City's first-team squad will definitely NOT feature — the squad will be in the Far East on tour.

But there lies the prospect of the club’s Euro 2012 players taking to the field against Athletic. Italy striker Balotelli, Spain schemer and winner’s medal holder David Silva, France duo Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri and England trio Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott and James Milner have been given leave from tour duties.

Playing Athletic offers a chance to get non-touring players match fit in a game sure to be a big hit with supporters.

READ the full version of this story only in our print and eChron editions

-

Not sure why you should object to SC picking prices.

He's the owner and has subsidised the club for years.

Indeed he has. But the culture of football has continued to change yet he wants to contest a friendly with a club that has helped to marginalise League One and Two? A tad hypocritical.