lee hughes offer rejected

So its who to believe, Curle or Dickov?

Should image they're both telling the truth. Thought the club had pretty much said that some talks had taken place but only in the same way that such conversations have probably been had with dozens of others. As LH is still contracted then it would follow on that questions would have been also directed to Notts County at some point to assess the total cost of a deal if we were to persue it.

Curle probably wants people to know this as a way of circulating LH's availability.

Why would the club try to resign someone who they wanted rid of so badly when royle came back?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest because Dickov rates him.

Edited by jsslatic

i'm calling bull:censored: on Keith Curle.

Was he the dirty bastard who get sent off against us v Mansfield in 2002/2003?

Yeah it was, i remember it being a bit of weird tackle as my first thought were that Wayne Andrews was in trouble for kicking him in the face then Curle got red

Ref was leveling it after sending Eyeres off for :censored: all - Lawrence went aswell for being a :censored:

Wynhard first game back after a long injury which was a suprise

one size 81st min pen to win

im sure someone will correct me if i remember it better than it was

ok - but Lawrence was still a :censored:

i did think the pen was later but thought i was defo making that bit up

Fitz was ice cool putting that away right in front of the Latics fans

and when you say fell do mean threw himself over............

Edited by palmer1

What a day that was, what a season.

Oh how i miss it.

Yeah, I remember watching that on Sky Sports News and going mental when it flashed up Hall had scored. Pretty sure it was the 89th minute. Felt sure we were going up, just like 30 seconds into the Wigan match away a few weeks later when Wayne Andrews scored in the first 30 seconds. Then they outplayed us (seem to remember Jimmy Bullard scoring a brilliant free-kick and generally running the show) and....things went downhill from there.

Since Pogs got injured it was all downhill.. Miskelly didn't do a bad job but he was no number 1 - however, i still think that if we hadn't rushed Pogs back for the QPR game we would have had more of a chance.

Anyone remember Andrews heading it just wide in the first few minutes, i was in the RRE watching it on the big screen, everyone going mental, only for it not to have even been in!

Good times though, great season, great atmosphere!

Remember it well, was a bit harum scarum after the game with their fans.

That was because rather than keep us back in the ground they let us into the car park but fenced us in, allowing the Mansfield fans to lob stones as they passed.

Such a shame they're now non-league.