I heard the same rumour from a journalist friend of mine working in London over the weekend he did also say he was in talks with a league 2 team as well who could offer him a better package.

But hear's hoping.

IMO I think if is head is straight could be a very good signing for us.

Very similar to Gaz_Oafc : I heard he was holding out for Pompey but has seen his arse now that the season is fast approaching and we are in for him. Apparently Crawley were in for him and Rotherham, but both have custard pied him because he made it clear he was waiting for Pompey and now has come cap in hand to us, and them two, after it became apparent Pompey wouldn't be offering anything anytime soon!

Perhaps he has realised that there will be a long wait to be offered anything from Portsmouth so his agent or himself have but him back out there to a few seriously interested clubs. Us being one of them.

Bearing in mind this guy has been playing for Barnett for the past couple of seasons he is unlikely to have thousands of pounds stashed away so with the ongoing crisis and turmoil at Portsmouth and no contract on the table. Perhaps has decided that enough is enough and he needs a wage coming in.

Oldham in need of a striker decent pre season and a chance of league 1 football why wouldn't he be in talks with us.

Perhaps he has realised that there will be a long wait to be offered anything from Portsmouth so his agent or himself have but him back out there to a few seriously interested clubs. Us being one of them.

Bearing in mind this guy has been playing for Barnett for the past couple of seasons he is unlikely to have thousands of pounds stashed away so with the ongoing crisis and turmoil at Portsmouth and no contract on the table. Perhaps has decided that enough is enough and he needs a wage coming in.

Oldham in need of a striker decent pre season and a chance of league 1 football why wouldn't he be in talks with us.

I think he might not be becasue we might not be interested in just a "name", we've a bad track record with that sort of player.

His last decent season at this level/above was over 5 years ago.

Too risky IMHO.

I saw an episode of the Football League show and Izale was featured on it.

He has bought a Bistro cafe and his wife runs it, with him also playing a very active role in the business after training and around games.

It was in London. He's a southern lad, and has primarily played his football at southern clubs.

Based on that, I can't see him wanting to up-root and move up here?

On the pitch, he's the type of greedy striker who loves to score goals, and he's pretty decent at it too - especially in League 2. We could do far worse on that front, but I can't see it.

I saw an episode of the Football League show and Izale was featured on it.

He has bought a Bistro cafe and his wife runs it, with him also playing a very active role in the business after training and around games.

It was in London. He's a southern lad, and has primarily played his football at southern clubs.

Based on that, I can't see him wanting to up-root and move up here?

Yorkshire Street's crying out for a bistro cafe.. Coffees in the sun, cafe culture