Dickov sacked?

Just seen this on Sky!

"It's been a pleasure to work with Paul over the last few seasons, and I'm sure he'll go on to great things as a manager," said Latics supremo Mr Corney. "However, we felt that the time was right for us to move on with someone who has a natural rapport with the players and supporters and who had the tactical aptitude to take us on to the next level. It has been obvious that in Billy we have that man already in the Club and we would be foolish not to ask him to step into the hot seat."

Shouldnt think so only 45mins ago on the OS it says he was close to a signing before Saturday and he has a good realtionship with the board

However if we are only 50/50 on signing a new player why would they put it on the OS as all it does is get people guessing and the rumours start as well as getting people excited when they could be then disappointed

Just seen this on Sky!

"It's been a pleasure to work with Paul over the last few seasons, and I'm sure he'll go on to great things as a manager," said Latics supremo Mr Corney. "However, we felt that the time was right for us to move on with someone who has a natural rapport with the players and supporters and who had the tactical aptitude to take us on to the next level. It has been obvious that in Billy we have that man already in the Club and we would be foolish not to ask him to step into the hot seat."

Corney & Quarmby... Axing Dickovs since 2012

if it says that we are 50/50 about signing a player before weekend.....................then we wont sign anyone before weekend!

I think they do it just to show the fans that they are aware we need players and its what we want hear

Edited by palmer1

Just been told a rumour, anybody else?

No but if I had, unless they had a known close contact within the club at a high level I'd probably question the integrity of the rumour-monger. I'd ask why no other news sources had been able to get this scoop and what the background to the story was given the fact that the season is only one game old. In fact, I'd probably have done all that before starting a thread on it that doesn't try to qualify or back up what you've been told.

There were rumours of his departure before we played MK away last season too albeit for Huddersfield rather than sacked.

I blame that Pete Winkleman.

My source (player from last season) has told me this may well be his last game. New job for Mr dickov to be announced next week. Deal to be signed after this weekend.

Gutted, hope we can replace him with someone with similar heart and drive.

My source (player from last season) has told me this may well be his last game. New job for Mr dickov to be announced next week. Deal to be signed after this weekend.

Gutted, hope we can replace him with someone with similar heart and drive.

which club is currently managerless?