Away regulars - MK Dons, who's going? If not, why not?

MK Dons - who's going. If not, why not?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. MK Dons - who's going?

• I would but, I'll never give my money to them
    • I'm not because I'm not happy with Latics/Dickov etc...
    • I'm not for non-football reasons
    • I hate everything they represent but, I'll be there, reluctantly
    • I'll be there, no problem with MK Dons
    • I'm still undecided

Opening game of the season going to cheer my team on. Although they stand for everything wrong in football but just learned to get use to them now. One of there fans works with us lived in MK for years before moving up here. As child he supported and still does the team where he was orginally from Forfar Athletic.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going - cause I am a Dons season ticket holder. !!!!

I think you get the flavour.

Also don't try to be matey with me in the pub before the game at our place. It's happened before, I won't be nasty or aggressive to you, especially as you often have groups of children who you are polluting, but I won't acknowledge you as if you have any right to be there in the same way as I would any supporter of a real club.

:censored: off.

Long time blue

Who did your dad support?

My dad supported Oldham as I did religiouly as a season ticket holder between 62 and 70.

I still support Oldham when I visit the family.

First match in the early 60's stood on the Rochdale Road End v Luton, listening to endless abuse of Baynham (?) in the Luton goal. Last match with my family was the Kettle debacle v Charlton last season.

Leesover

Also don't try to be matey with me in the pub before the game at our place. It's happened before, I won't be nasty or aggressive to you, especially as you often have groups of children who you are polluting, but I won't acknowledge you as if you have any right to be there in the same way as I would any supporter of a real club.

I am sorry you feel that way.

However I moved away from Oldham started a family. My boys played football in the local youth leagues, on a regular basis coaches from the Dons academy would come and take an evening training sessions. The boys would go to the meet the players evening where the players would drink soft drinks, pose and chat. They wanted to go and watch football so I can take them to watch good football at a super ground built with the aid and support of the local council. They became season ticket holders, they are not interested in football politics, they are football supporters. I can't think of better criteria for a football team to be a real family club.

I enjoy live football, I go the Dons, however I am a football supporter, the first result I look for is Oldham.

I am sorry you feel as though you can't come and visit us, I can honestly say I am not concerned about this weekends result, lets hope for a super game and may the best team win.

Long time blue

Who did your dad support?

My dad supported Oldham as I did religiouly as a season ticket holder between 62 and 70.

I still support Oldham when I visit the family.

First match in the early 60's stood on the Rochdale Road End v Luton, listening to endless abuse of Baynham (?) in the Luton goal. Last match with my family was the Kettle debacle v Charlton last season.

Leesover

I am sorry you feel that way.

However I moved away from Oldham started a family. My boys played football in the local youth leagues, on a regular basis coaches from the Dons academy would come and take an evening training sessions. The boys would go to the meet the players evening where the players would drink soft drinks, pose and chat. They wanted to go and watch football so I can take them to watch good football at a super ground built with the aid and support of the local council. They became season ticket holders, they are not interested in football politics, they are football supporters. I can't think of better criteria for a football team to be a real family club.

I enjoy live football, I go the Dons, however I am a football supporter, the first result I look for is Oldham.

I am sorry you feel as though you can't come and visit us, I can honestly say I am not concerned about this weekends result, lets hope for a super game and may the best team win.

#notabadcomeback

I can’t think of a better way to sticking it to the Franchise FC than cheering on a latics victory at their big concrete block. Hopefully leading to a dismal season for that arrogant sod Karl Robinson, ending in relegation, with Wimbledon taking their place in League One.

Balance restored.

I've been close to breaking all week. I even phoned up yesterday to enquire about the official coach. I just can't do it, though. It shouldn't be that fans are met with this moral decision - but can any of us really say we are consistent with ours? I mean - about 2,000 of us on Monday night? First game of the season, as well.

For those who attended, excellent. But for those who didn't - please don't judge this MK Dons fella. You have no room.

No thanks. As much as I love Latics, I just can't put money into that abomination of a football club that doesn't deserve to even exist. I've been to that lump of concrete just once, for the "experience" and that was enough. No atmosphere, isolated groups of fans who are still learning what it's like to have a football team, miles from civilisation, a pain in the arse to get to, no decent chippy for miles, a total cock of a manager. Need I go on?

The sooner Wankleman pulls the plug and they descend into the lowest depths of the football pyramid, to be rightfully replaced by AFC Wimbledon, the better. Now, I'd walk from Bristol to see us play them; a real football team, not a plastic, soulless imitation.

Piss off Dongs and shove it.

I can understand, and even applaud your kids for wanting to follow their local club, and naturally the club would make attempts to attract new fans, as it has no natural ones. I don't know what you would have to say to them if someone came along one day and told them that their club wasn't there any more though, and I reckon they would appreciate solidarity from fans of other clubs against the Telford Tigers who had taken their place.

I am going for the first time to MK Franchise.....absolutely hate them and always said I would not go until Wimbledon were back in the league.

I would rather be there to add support to Latics with the enduring hope that MK will start heading down and be eclipsed by the true dons in the next season or two

• Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted Today, 01:08 PM

snapback.pngchrmatchajanjoh, on 17 August 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Leesover

I can understand, and even applaud your kids for wanting to follow their local club, and naturally the club would make attempts to attract new fans, as it has no natural ones. I don't know what you would have to say to them if someone came along one day and told them that their club wasn't there any more though, and I reckon they would appreciate solidarity from fans of other clubs against the Telford Tigers who had taken their place.

To try and answer your point,

If the Dons were to fold, be relegated out of the league etc it would be for lack of support, financial wrongdoings or breaking the rules. In short the fault would lie purely at the club, we couldn't blame anybody else. Given that scenario I am completely at a loss why you think I or the boys would begrudge any other supporters the chance of watching league football.

I am sure we would be grateful from supporters of other teams in their help in trying to keep the club going. As a matter of interest, on this point both myself,the wife (an ardent Sheff Wed supporter), the boys and 4 other MK Dons season ticket holders came to BP for the legends game to support the club in their hour of need. So whilst being grateful for other teams support it should not be at the detriment of the team who would replace us.

I must admit I am at a loss why Oldham supporters have a hatred of the Dons, why do you resent one mans dream of trying to create a community league club in MK. He has succeeded, the club reaches into the community, it plays football the way it should be played, it welcomes away supporters and families. Surely this is what all football clubs should aspire to.

If as supporters you do resent the Dons, your venom should be directed to the football authorities who let it happen ???

Anyway life is too short to hold grudges, deep breath, chill , down the motorway, support your team, lets hope for a good game and may the best team win.