Stop with the negativity already!

We are 1 league game in (which anyone with a brain expected to lose).

We are also 1 cup game in (again anyone with half a brain expected to lose).

And already we are criticising PD and Tarky (soon to be various others).

I can accept a constructive moan from the best of them but give the season a :censored:ing chance.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't a lot in that.

We gifted them a goal; they almost gifted us an equaliser when Simmo fired across goal.

We limited their passing game fairly well. Losing Wes was a blow - we struggled to link up with the forwards and create enough chances.

Powell was awesome for them. Croft was good for us.

Better than getting pummelled 5-0 at least. Yes, they (promotion favourites) are not in top gear yet, but neither are we.

We are still struggling at defending set pieces though. It was Simpson that left his man I think - Tarky bollocked him

It depends on what manner the criticism done. Personal snipes at players and general whines get very tedious and you do sometimes just wish they'd take up another hobby but at the same time it's just as tedious when people jump on their high horse when someone makes a valid point. If there wasn't any constructive criticism and debate then this messageboard would be a very quiet place.

Anyways it's Saturday night there's nothing we can do about today. Let's enjoy life and come back on Tuesday

feel sorry for Tarky........should be backup at best....not his fault we havent strengthened at cb. hope this season doesn't runin him.

A young footballer needs to be managed well. That can often mean being removed from the firing line when things aren't going perfectly. Although our squad does limit Dickov's options in this respect.

Tarky's concentration levels and ability to keep close to his man worry me. But no more than you would expect for a 19 year old centre back. His big problem is that M'Voto, for all his ability, isn't the great organiser at the back. So there's nobody alongside him keeping him focused.

The Tarky thread on here the other night was harsh. Not discounting one error there were others at the back who were as much to blame for our demise.

As for today, he was okay. I think we had four players stood still on their first goal. So not time to single out Tarky. He did get involved in a scuffle at the other end of the pitch while MK broke at pace to score the second. He shouldn't have done and may have been able to make life harder for them. But it's a big may.

I do think we need an alternative centre half in the squad though.

Did anyone else hear the cretin who immediately after the first goal went on started slagging off the team, Tarky, Montano and the management? Half an hour into the season and the players are having to hear that, it's rubbish. Some of our fans need to gain some perspective.

Probably Dean.

Anyway on Tarky, if he gets dropped, he's only going to be playing in the Reserves. Do people think he'll suddenly turn into a world beater? Doubt it. Keep giving the lad experience and hopefully he'll get over this (slightly) bad patch and kick on.

Probably Dean.

Anyway on Tarky, if he gets dropped, he's only going to be playing in the Reserves. Do people think he'll suddenly turn into a world beater? Doubt it. Keep giving the lad experience and hopefully he'll get over this (slightly) bad patch and kick on.

A manager has to set standards for his team to perform at, it's part of his job. If players aren't performing to these standards then dropping them is usually the most effective as by being dropped he'll know what he has to do to get back into the team

Did anyone else hear the cretin who immediately after the first goal went on started slagging off the team, Tarky, Montano and the management? Half an hour into the season and the players are having to hear that, it's rubbish. Some of our fans need to gain some perspective.

I heard a fella tell Dickov to send Slew 'back to :censored:ing Blackburn' in the second half of the Sheffield Wednesday game. There's a sizable amount of our support who are happiest when they've got something to whinge about.

Tom, watch the goals - stick about his performance is justified anything else is not. 5 goals out of 6 in two games suggests he's not up to it...

Agree, let's slot Byrne inside as he's clearly not fast enough for rb and make tarky fight back for his place!

We are 1 league game in (which anyone with a brain expected to lose).

We are also 1 cup game in (again anyone with half a brain expected to lose).

And already we are criticising PD and Tarky (soon to be various others).

I can accept a constructive moan from the best of them but give the season a :censored:ing chance.

I mustn't have a brain......I go to the matches hoping we win.