Clarke Carlisle

He's been touting himself around a lot Soccer AM is the third national TV/Radio show he's been on in 7 days. He would probably do a job but I don't think he is good enough to be first choice and his wages might mean it isn't feasible for him to be anything but first choice.

I'd insert a clause in his contract that he is not to be involved in Countdown, Eggheads, 15 to 1, University Challenge, any other quiz shows on mainstream or cable television, any documentary making, including as a talking head or presenter, or in any other role.

Two birds with one stone. We get a centre back and we get Clarke Carlisle off the telly.

I'd insert a clause in his contract that he is not to be involved in Countdown, Eggheads, 15 to 1, University Challenge, any other quiz shows on mainstream or cable television, any documentary making, including as a talking head or presenter, or in any other role.

Two birds with one stone. We get a centre back and we get Clarke Carlisle off the telly.

He is neither clever enough nor appropriately qualified for University Challenge.

Your point still stands though.

Sign him and stick him on any show with cash prizes 15:1 , In it to win it whatever but club keeps cash. sorted....

Hmmm. I don't want to disparage Clarke too much, but the prize in 15 to 1 was usually some old artifact (a Greek pot; a Roman bed pan) with hardly any cash value. Not that Clarke would have much of a hope of winning it.

I know we haven't got two brass buttons to rub together, but still looking for a club, locally based not 33 until October!

In terms of experience, what we need? Thoughts?

-

Good player, good attitude and wordly wise.

Id have him in my squad, would be a great talisman for the younger players.

Good player, good attitude and wordly wise.

Agreed

It could be a Greganeaque signing, good for one season and could be a great mentor for Tarky

Also his documentary a month or two back on racism in football was excellent.

Id have him in my squad, would be a great talisman for the younger players.

Wouldn't we have the problem of one out all out, and all the players demanding wage increases, given his union rep status

Plus I donlt think he is good enough.

Let him concentrate on his telly,its easy to switch channels when he comes on!

It won't be long before he's stalking the virtual corridors of the Open University.

Birkbeck would have him and he could still train in the daytime

As for 15-1, am I the only one who saw Chaddy on there in his earlier, "human," costume (you know, the younger, less scary one he had before it got damaged in the wash)?

There's some strikers on that list still out of work. Surely even a few quid at our level is better than zilch?! Some have even played with Dickov.

Can they not play on non-contract terms or short-term contract with us to stay in shop window?

Vassell in the box would rip the opposition a new one and shoot us up the table!