Dale Stephens

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows how bad the cash flow was that he had to be loaned out to stop a trigger payment to Bury. Corney insists that Southampton didn't pay a loan fee, frankly that's bollocks!

I don't believe the club is losing as much money as Corney would have us believe.

Which is it?

And what will it be tomorrow?

I get it Harry, you don't like me dissing Uncle Simon well that's my opinion and I know it isn't too wide of the mark, others have heard the same info I have but refuse to post on here any longer due to people's refusal to except what is going on under their noses.

The cashflow crisis re: Stephens leaving was after Failsworth was binned, and he had overspent in the January Window (based on investment that hadn't actually materialised), Reid (paying a fee), Evina (Paying a Fee), White, Todd, Amos et al… Stephens going to Southampton helped ease the situation by the fee they paid. I've heard different that Southampton paid a fee to have first refusal on him.

And B stands given how little has been made available to put together a squad this year. It is clear the budget has been slashed above and beyond what it probably should be. We are operating on the bare minimum this year despite earning plenty of unbudgeted income this calendar year and offloading three of our biggest earners in Taylor, Kuqi and Reid and replacing them with a 6 month loan, 12 month loan and a kid.

It is clear the budget has been slashed above and beyond what it probably should be. We are operating on the bare minimum this year despite earning plenty of unbudgeted income this calendar year and offloading three of our biggest earners in Taylor, Kuqi and Reid and replacing them with a 6 month loan, 12 month loan and a kid.

Reid was one of our highest earners! :sign0068:

Shows how bad the cash flow was that he had to be loaned out to stop a trigger payment to Bury. Corney insists that Southampton didn't pay a loan fee, frankly that's bollocks!

I'm sure SC said in an interview that Southampton did pay a loan fee for Stevens and it was too good to turn down.

The night we lost 3-2 to sheff we'd in. March 2012 he was interviewed on gmr and said we had not received a fee

Quick look through Chron records and found this http://www.oldham-ch.../saint-stephens

basically says that financial details of loan are undisclosed by Southampton's request.. Chron reckons we received a decent loan fee..

Would of looked through on OS as I can recall an interivew with Corney on OS speaking about Stephens going to Southampton but since they've updated the website any old news articles aren't accessible anymore..

Also said in another article around that time that we was losing £800,000 a year..

Edited by RobOAFC

The night we lost 3-2 to sheff we'd in. March 2012 he was interviewed on gmr and said we had not received a fee

Like you say, the fee was probably for a right of first refusal. Quite a clever way of doing things as a loan fee per se would have involved a cut going to Bury (hence Corney saying there wasn't one) but a ROFR could be kept by Latics 100%.

Rumour down here that Villa have tabled take it or leave it £2m bid for Stephens ahead of window closing.

Will pocket us around £160k as I believe the 10% is based on nett of what Charlton receive less what that paid us.

Do we need to pay Bury anything?

Also do you reckon this will go towards new signings as we need another 2 or 3 players but more so a striker like Clarke.

Maybe another leason in the Dale Stephens story. It's been said in this thread that we sold him too cheaply whilst others have said cos we are league one that's all we can expect. Well if we really gave it a shot at promotion and made it to the Championship could we expect 2.5 million offers for Stephens instead of 200-300K offers.