Dale Stephens

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Bury still have any resell clauses attached to him? Or did they end when he moved to Charlton?

Good shout on the Leon Clarke sweetner, Gaz

Should have ended.

I don't think you can put multiple clauses on, so it would be for so many sales etc

i'd expect we have a 20% sell on clause, if not we're feckin stupid.

Should have ended.

I don't think you can put multiple clauses on, so it would be for so many sales etc

i'd expect we have a 20% sell on clause, if not we're feckin stupid.

Would hope so.

Just seen Broady's tweet.. saying for those asking about a sell on clause.. He doesn't know either. says it's first thing he hoped for when the story broke.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

charlton fans saying the same as many on here re stephens - good passer, can ping some great through balls, cross field passes and has a good shot but slows our game down and doesnt get into the box as often as he should.

back-up at villa apparently - with time on the ball he certainly has ability and would be definately of benefit to us as we are now!

all the best - i just hope to god we have a sell on - £100-200k could get us clarke and taiwo/a creative mid for a year, then we may just do something and get ourselves out of this rut

Charlton fans seem to want Clarke to come to us and don't want Stephens to go to Villa, if he's only back-up he could probably be loaned back to Charlton with a recall clause so neither party really loses out. If the £1m rumours are true and we do have a 20% sell on clause that's £200k in the pot for us. Hopefully we'll get Clarke for 50k max and be able to attract Tom Taiwo considering he's a free agent and then hopefully the rest should be spent on either players or playing budget, we have no debts according to Corney so there's no reason not to spend it on this season.

We will have a sell on clause on him we always do it. We put one on Chris O'grady an we got money. Plus with the fee Charlton paid us (which was peanuts) it more likely as well. Anyone know any prices which have been thrown around for him yet. If Fabian Delph was worth 7 surely they are paying 10 million for Stephens ;)

Edited by brad

Charlton fans seem to want Clarke to come to us and don't want Stephens to go to Villa, if he's only back-up he could probably be loaned back to Charlton with a recall clause so neither party really loses out. If the £1m rumours are true and we do have a 20% sell on clause that's £200k in the pot for us. Hopefully we'll get Clarke for 50k max and be able to attract Tom Taiwo considering he's a free agent and then hopefully the rest should be spent on either players or playing budget, we have no debts according to Corney so there's no reason not to spend it on this season.

Although it must be siad that Charlton fans wanting Clarke to come to us is not in a good way! They don;t care where he goes as long as he goes!

Is Taiwo a free agent? I believe Carlisle are making excessive transfer demands to Bradford hence the stalemate status. Because he's under 23/24? aren't Carlisle entitled to a fee?

Didn't see Stephens moving to the Prem so quickly but really hope he makes it. I think we missed his creativity and ability to find the killer pass massively when he left.