Dale Stephens

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fee is around £800k-£1m with add ons

We sold him for £350k + 10% sell on so will have cost Charlton £450k and they make that back in profit so not a bad deal. Perhaps if we'd held onto him for a year it might have been us getting near enough a million quid?

First time I saw him I said he'd be in the Premier League before long, a fair few laughed it off. Hopefully Villa will pay enough for us to get the striker and midfielder we need.

-

Likewise, beginning of last season, I said our biggest worry was that we hadn't replaced him and quite a few on here said he'd been crap for ages anyway so wouldn't make a big difference. We still haven't replaced him and it's still our biggest problem.

We sold him for £350k + 10% sell on so will have cost Charlton £450k and they make that back in profit so not a bad deal. Perhaps if we'd held onto him for a year it might have been us getting near enough a million quid?

He wouldn't have been in as big a shop window here though so might not have popped up on Villas radar. If you were looking for talent would you look at the club third bottom of league one?

His brother confirmed as much on Twitter, then took his tweets down. Reckon this could be a goer, as Lambert enquired about him after seeing him at Carrow Road in December 2009. One of his first Latics appearances.

We were absolute dog:censored: that day. Funny what the managers see that the fans don't.

A few members seem to have implied Corney's on the fiddle in recent days. Do the maths. The only blackhole is running a club surfing against the EPL wave.

The man deserves a lot more respect. We should be focusing our frustrations at those who deserve criticism, not the man who continues to keep us afloat.

In the current team he would probably look as bad as the rest Prozac and be worth next to nothing.

Edited by BP1960

I don't why people are getting their hopes up anyway the money will go straight into Corneys back pocket like the rest of the fees we have received.

Such remarks should be withdrawn.

Anyway a reported £50,000 was paid for Montana, also without SCs funding this club would have been in administation a long time ago.

Edited by BP1960

A few members seem to have implied Corney's on the fiddle in recent days. Do the maths. The only blackhole is running a club surfing against the EPL wave.

The man deserves a lot more respect. We should be focusing our frustrations at those who deserve criticism, not the man who continues to keep us afloat.

So we're not making losses then and there's no black hole? Thank :censored: for that, let's go and sign a striker and midfielder then…..

In the current team he would probably look as bad as the rest Prozac and be worth next to nothing.

I wonder who's fault that would be?

How many players have we brought in that have looked brilliant to begin with then Dickov and Taggart have soon dragged them down? It can't all be down to age (too young, too old) or fatigue, can it?

I expect Adeyemi to have a stormer at Brentford as they will allow him to get in the box (like he was doing when he first arrived)….

So we're not making losses then and there's no black hole? Thank :censored: for that, let's go and sign a striker and midfielder then…..

Prozac, I know what you meant.

I like what you've got to say normally, but the circumstances of why we - and the majority of clubs in Leagues One and Two - are losing money. Y'know, the fact that we're in competition with two of Europe's biggest clubs doesn't help. Nor does the fact that the EPL can lean on the Football League and threaten (bribe) its clubs to vote in its favour. The dwindling crowds can't help, surely?

That's your blackhole, prozac. It certainly isn't Corney's doing.

of course we're making losses - if SC wasn't here we wouldn't be.

We'd be bust.

And I genuinely don't understand what this black hole you're talking about is. You seem to imply that SC is siphoning money from the club. If I've got that wrong , sorry.

Believe what you want mate, I don't follow the party line with Corney. His days of being the club's saviour are long gone. All we hear about are losses, what about income that hasn't been budgeted for, what happens to that?

When was the last time we had a proper balance sheet published? Why were planning costs attributed to the club when the development was under a separate company? All we get from the club are smoke and mirrors. Bit by bit Blitz and Gazal's losses are being clawed back by writing them off against the club, thus the ladder being pulled up. Despite 17 players being released we can only afford a squad that is lighter than the one Ritchie inherited in 1998.

Corney said Failsworth was the last chance saloon, if that didn't go ahead we could expect a team of kids and probable relegation (From the horses mouth in December 2009 in the hall of Radclyffe School) and from what we have seen this summer, he wasn't kidding.

Edited by oafcprozac