Dickov defends Oldham Athletic after Corney attack

Crowds have dropped because the football is dire and unfortunately budgets are directly related to income ie. bums on seats. It's not totally Dickov's fault as we have been in decline for nearly 20 years, however, he has to shoulder the blame for todays team, it's his team and I've seen little or no progress in his time here.

He had a decent budget in his first year and by all accounts last year's wasn't as bad as some people had suggested but poor entertainment and a lack of goals has put us where we are now.

I think Corney was wrong to air his views in public, however, his comments are absolutely spot on and what many fans have been saying over the last few years.

He's right when he says fans are getting bored with OAFC, I think for Corney the penny has finally dropped, he says things have to change.........................we shall see!

Just seen on tele that Reading lost 5 on the spin at the start of last season and went on to win the Championship title - stick with PD.

mate I understand your optimism, however Reading were playoff finalists the previous season.

mate I understand your optimism, however Reading were playoff finalists the previous season.

i'm not optimistic that we'll win anything.

i'm not optimistic that we'll finish better than last season.

i'm just saying it's going to be jumping the gun sacking Dickov at this stage.

but we haven't changed since last season. the play and tactics are identical, while some players have changed.

We have changed the squad and lost arguably our two best players plus a striker who got 17 goals last term. It takes time for a squad to mould and for the new players to settle in. Obviously, the last few games have been dire but one thing i am optimistic about is that PD will change it within the next few games - theres no way in hell that he can't get a response out of the side, surely!

Like Andy says - if the situation is no different 10 games in, change the manager, get some experience in and he can use the loan market to tie the squad over until January when he'd be able to get his own players in.

Who would we go for? i'm not sure, Peter Reid has been brought up but personally, i wouldn't choose him.

i'm not optimistic that we'll win anything.

i'm not optimistic that we'll finish better than last season.

i'm just saying it's going to be jumping the gun sacking Dickov at this stage.

That's why people are staying at home. Dickov will have to go if things don't change soon. As has been said we have different players, but the same dull, boring tip-tap football is being played, and we are toothless.

We have changed the squad and lost arguably our two best players plus a striker who got 17 goals last term. It takes time for a squad to mould and for the new players to settle in. Obviously, the last few games have been dire but one thing i am optimistic about is that PD will change it within the next few games - theres no way in hell that he can't get a response out of the side, surely!

Like Andy says - if the situation is no different 10 games in, change the manager, get some experience in and he can use the loan market to tie the squad over until January when he'd be able to get his own players in.

Who would we go for? i'm not sure, Peter Reid has been brought up but personally, i wouldn't choose him.

All teams in the lower leagues have changed there squads, but they are not all losing. We probably have a bigger turnover because of the short term contracts handed out.

All teams in the lower leagues have changed there squads, but they are not all losing. We probably have a bigger turnover because of the short term contracts handed out.

I suspect that many teams haven't had a bigger turn over of players than us. Like i said, he deserves the chance to turn it round with it being so early in the season.

but we haven't changed since last season. the play and tactics are identical, while some players have changed.

What you need to understand is that we have only won 6 games in 2012.

The worry is if this form continues were going to be in one foot in leauge 2 by December and playing in a three sided ground infront of 1900 fans

Portsmouth have a team of complete strangers who may or may not be with the club before too long, I assume PD will drill that fact into his team and take advantage of Portsmouth problems ?

I thought he asked for a response after the dire Walsall performance ?

Edited by BP1960

Portsmouth have a team of complete strangers who may or may not be with the club before too long, I assume PD will drill that fact into his team and take advantage of Portsmouth problems ?

I thought he asked for a response after the dire Walsall performance ?

Probably did, he likes using bad performances to get a responce, yet he probably only get's it 3 times out of 10 - players aren't motivated, partly due to the lack of competition for places, partly due to the manager.