The website gets worse...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another one:

And for one of them - Ian Lowe - he struck up a friendship with on one of the stars Chris Langham.

Why the word 'he'?

Minor error I know, but it again highlights that no one ever seems to check what's being published these days. It is truly bloody awful. What happened at the meeting at Wembley where clubs were invited to discuss these problems? Or did I dream that one in the hope it would improve?

Edited by Bristolatic

And another one:

And for one of them - Ian Lowe - he struck up a friendship with on one of the stars Chris Langham.

Why the word 'he'?

Minor error I know, but it again highlights that no one ever seems to check what's being published these days. It is truly bloody awful. What happened at the meeting at Wembley where clubs were invited to discuss these problems? Or did I dream that one in the hope it would improve?

Surely the actual type on the website is someone within the club though? They may not be able to do much about the fact it looks :censored:e, but somebody with a basic grasp of English and the desire to read over what they've written before publishing can't be too hard to find.

Surely the actual type on the website is someone within the club though? They may not be able to do much about the fact it looks :censored:e, but somebody with a basic grasp of English and the desire to read over what they've written before publishing can't be too hard to find.

I think RoyleArmy has infiltrated the club to get some inside info. It'll be all crap, though. Oh, hang on, that's the gripe isn't it?

It really is terribly embarrassing. The website is the shop front. The gateway to your business. I know the club palmed off a lot of the criticism on "teething problems" from the changeover from old to new but this was well over a month ago. To put it bluntly, it's :censored:e. More bollocks spouted.

When clubs like Accrington, Morecambe and Rochdale can get the basics right, why the :censored: can't we? I refuse to even bother checking the website. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my Player subs altogether too.

Has anyone tried to find the fixture list on the web site. It's a basic page that you would expect to find under Fixtures and Results. It's not there.

Yes it is. It's in the drop down from Fixtures & Results. http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

The site's still poo though.

I can't click on it in the drop down box. As soon as my curser moves down into the box it disappears.

That was happening to me in the early stages, but it's ok now. Can't help with that one, I'm afraid, but I thought I'd try it out with other drop downs. I picked "Team/Staff Profiles" and got Trust Oldham! Maybe that's the answer. You click on something you don't want and get what you do want. Simples.

I get the feeling that this is the best we're ever going to get. Crap, innit?

Maybe the OS is in cahoots with the Rarely Wrong. I'm still trying to work this one out from the Dean Furman article.

"Last time midfielder played was in the squad, he was an unused substitute"

and the rarely wrong has excelled itself today in its report on Baxter

'The player says inaction has take its toll on her fitness, but believes he isn’t far short of his best form.'

and the rarely wrong has excelled itself today in its report on Baxter

'The player says inaction has take its toll on her fitness, but believes he isn’t far short of his best form.'

A rare insight into a footballer's private life. :omg: I bet his girlfriend/partner is right chuffed with that. :ranting:

And shouldn't it have been 'inactivity' rather than 'inaction'? Just me being pedantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with the story ' Another latics hard-luck story ' ?

When i click on it.......Nothing happens!.........Don't know why i still bother.

Yep, just refreshes the page. I've started only using the site for fixtures and Player, can't be bothered trying to suss out which other bits work.

Here it goes again, basic errors. I've just clicked on Club News to read 'Let's Build on Crewe Win' and, although the article is there, the logo is for the Youth team.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20121005-preston-preview-409667.aspx

Plus, of course, things like:

"Though we hadn't win in four league games"

"as his team bids to record a first home won of the campaign"

Does nobody ever check this stuff before it goes live? Some help is obviously needed, although we know that the style of the site itself is out of Latics' hands.

Plus, of course, things like:

"Though we hadn't win in four league games"

"as his team bids to record a first home won of the campaign"

Does nobody ever check this stuff before it goes live? Some help is obviously needed, although we know that the style of the site itself is out of Latics' hands.

The match report on the Crewe Alex' site was equally error-filled.

Does anybody care about our great language anymore?