Bye Bye Dickov

I'm disappointed as I would expect him to fall on his sword immediately after this game.

Coventry are struggling and they come here and snatch a win. It's inexcusable and Corney must do the right thing.

Dickov had huge support from the fans but even the most patient is justified to demand his departure after the run of games culminating with the result today.

A shame as he's a great bloke but if he can't get wins from the current crop of players - and with no injuries as an excuse - then we need to change the manager. We need a motivator with influence to get the most out of a set of players who are arguable the strongest we've had for many a season.

I'm disappointed as I would expect him to fall on his sword immediately after this game.

Coventry are struggling and they come here and snatch a win. It's inexcusable and Corney must do the right thing.

Dickov had huge support from the fans but even the most patient is justified to demand his departure after the run of games culminating with the result today.

A shame as he's a great bloke but if he can't get wins from the current crop of players - and with no injuries as an excuse - then we need to change the manager. We need a motivator with influence to get the most out of a set of players who are arguable the strongest we've had for many a season.

We need someone to get the fans back, sharpish.

There is only one man for me, bring back Andy Ritchie. He has a very good record at this level, was unfairly treated by Moore and would bring a little bit of hope back to a club that is in complete despair.

Plus the crowds would go up (ala Royle's return).

If Dickov is still there next week I won't be.

We need someone to get the fans back, sharpish.

The fans aren't coming back, they've gone. If by some miracle we get into the prem we'd top out at 15000 (new ground/stands needed).

Recession, football on tv, player wages, proximity of Utd & City and the people of Oldham have better things to do.

There is only one man for me, bring back Andy Ritchie. He has a very good record at this level, was unfairly treated by Moore and would bring a little bit of hope back to a club that is in complete despair.

Plus the crowds would go up (ala Royle's return).

If Dickov is still there next week I won't be.

Ritchie has been out of the game for too long.

Of those available they've all :censored:ed up somewhere except Dowie to an extent, who would get us motivated.

One man for us who has the lot and that is Billy Davies

Don't give me all this 'we've no chance' bollox - we may not get him as no doubt he has already put in for the blackburn job seeing as he is unemployed, but if he IS looking for employment and keen on the north west and wants a hell of a challenge then why not approach and sell him the stand idea?

Phil Brown is another but i think his attitude is too abrasive.

Davies 1st, Dowie 2nd choice, Philiskirk third

The fans aren't coming back, they've gone. If by some miracle we get into the prem we'd top out at 15000 (new ground/stands needed).

Recession, football on tv, player wages, proximity of Utd & City and the people of Oldham have better things to do.

There must be stay aways like me Beag, ive been once this season. Once the product is better on the pitch I will spend my hard earnt cash.

We need to change things now or we will be relegated. We are a massive 16 points behind leaders Tranmere after only 9 games.

We have 3 points from a possible 18 at home and have yet to win. At this rate we are on course for 30 points and will be down by Christmas!

It is obvious and has been for a while now that Dickov is not the man to arrest the slide, let's get somebody in now who will have the time to change things and get our season off and running.

If we wait any longer a season long relegation beckons.

Davies 1st, Dowie 2nd choice, Philiskirk third

1st choice for me.

Would get the players committed and working hard.

Attainable too as lack of success in his last few jobs should lower his demands. I'm a believer that a manager has to "fit" the club and he fitted at Latics last time.

I just hope, with a lot of water passing under the bridge, him and Corney can put aside any petty squabbles for the good of the club...

I just hope, with a lot of water passing under the bridge, him and Corney can put aside any petty squabbles for the good of the club...

Can't see him coming back as he screwed us over when trying to get money from a financially crippled club. Furthermore he was pimping himself everywhere despite claiming his loyalty for the club.

His 'my fondest time as a manager was at Oldham' doesn't wash but that said, he wouldn't take any :censored: from the players and would have them running through walls.

The quality we have in the team, the potential etc plus Dowie's drive and determination could be a very rewarding blend.

Dowie for me.

Would organise what is a shamble of a defence and be tactically aware enough to make changes and get some very good players playing as they should.

Very impressed with Baxter, how we didn't beat that shower with the front two we have is beyond me.

And in spells in the second half

Baxter's worst performance , but he still

Hit the post

Had several shots on target

Was probably our best player

And he was played in wrong postion, it was so obvious when he went deeper he looked far better, this manager appears to me not to have a clue when it comes to formations and tactics.

Edited by BP1960

It's screeming out to me Baxter should be playing just behind Simpson, and Derbyshire. I am absolutely perplexed by what is happening,I honestly believe our players are more than good enough to be a good team in division 1,but that is not being transmitted on to the pitch. I fear that Dickov has to go and give someone else a chance. This team should be a lot better than it's results suggest.

Matt Derbyshire was at least one yard onside when he was brought down by their keeper which ought to have been a penalty and sending off and we also should have had a penalty when Matt was taken out.

can anyone back this up? i know i can't, i feel sorry for PD, but even his interviews are pushing it a bit... i think today's completely changed my mind on him, i was prepared to give him a chance but now i'm not convinced

at full time he clapped the fans before shaking any hands... the stadium was booing, but he claps?

Saw that too, as a goodbye .....good luck Paul top man, just as you were as a player cannot be faulted for effort but as a manager you are the focal point ...take the plaudits when things go well ...but after a number of poor performances the same guys that pat you on the back have the knives out! I honestly think you were happy with a point today against a very bad team it cost you !

et tu brute (or something like that !) not drinking again till we win

Edited by lookersgeez