Bye Bye Dickov

As sad as i am about Dickovs impending departure i did go on record here moons ago highlighting his blatant shortcomings,its been a shock to me that corney and many others have stuck with him for as long as this.

All the passion in the world (which dickov had as a player) wont make you a good manager,if we are going to be honest here the bloke is clueless,and thats putting it mildly.

Take your head outta yer ass corney do the right thing now before the gates drop below 2500 and team morale hits rock bottom.

In short,thanks for your efforts paul,you talked a great game you really did.

As sad as i am about Dickovs impending departure i did go on record here moons ago highlighting his blatant shortcomings,its been a shock to me that corney and many others have stuck with him for as long as this.

All the passion in the world (which dickov had as a player) wont make you a good manager,if we are going to be honest here the bloke is clueless,and thats putting it mildly.

Take your head outta yer ass corney do the right thing now before the gates drop below 2500 and team morale hits rock bottom.

In short,thanks for your efforts paul,you talked a great game you really did.

Fair play to you for seeing the shortcomings, although sacking Dickov any earlier than now would've been harsh. His positives from the 1st year and a half earned him the chance to have some time to work on his negatives. Unfortunately for him and us, that time's now up.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

All an opposition scout has to tell his manager is to do exactly what the team before has done: keep things tight, make Oldham work and then play for the counter attack.

We have the players, but why do we constantly see the same uninspiring game played? We always seem to be on the wrong side of unlucky, and it's more than just luck now, either go for it or dont, but we should have beaten Coventry today

All an opposition scout has to tell his manager is to do exactly what the team before has done: keep things tight, make Oldham work and then play for the counter attack.

We have the players, but why do we constantly see the same uninspiring game played? We always seem to be on the wrong side of unlucky, and it's more than just luck now, either go for it or dont, but we should have beaten Coventry today

I think this is key for me regarding Dickov's approach to games. Corney's backed him reasonably well in the transfer market, but it's the same story every game and it's hard to see how and when the tide is going to turn.

There should be no celebrations in his probable departure - a decent bloke is going to lose his job.

Didn't call for his head or think about him being sacked until this last 7 days. Even today he could have got away with it as we had numerous chances, albeit against a truly atrocious Coventry side. You really can't side with his tactics at any point of the season thus far. He has been desperate for some assistance for the last 12 months and when he turns around his sidekick is leaning back probably not even watching the game - If Carlsberg did waste of space, clueless assistant bosses Taggart would be the poster boy. Watching how Robins adapted to our sharp opening 10 minute salvo and the lack of idea of what to do sums up the man I'm afraid. Second half we improved, mainly cos they got worse but after we failed to score by the 70th minute you'd think PD would have been pulling up trees to try and get a goal to save his job yet he stands there (or sits) and looked resigned to losing his job throughout the half. How any manager worth his salt can fail to make a substitution when we are 0-0 at home, when we have failed to register a home win in 4 attempts, and against a side as poor as them is completely beyond me.

You hung yourself out to dry 2day PD & I think you know it's time to go.

O4U

We were great. For the first 10 minutes and then I woke up and thought even I cant sell this :censored:.

FIFY

We were though. Pinging it around on the floor. Montano gave the full ack a skinning on three or four occasions. Croft and Wabara linking well on the right.

A couple of half decent efforts on goal.

Then hoof. Hoof. Hoof.

Thanks for not being Dave Penney. Thanks for the hard work and commitment. Thanks for the hope. Thanks for Anfield.

But strike a deal and step away Paul. You're not good enough to manage a skint league one club.