do one dickov

Fair enough, anybody is a bit vague. Who's out of work that we could afford, that would want to come here and could honestly do any better. I'm no Dickov fanatic and I think we're plating dire.

Sack him, advertise the post and see who applies...that's about all Corney can do, unless he already has irons in the fire.

The whole point is, we can all see the quality we have in the squad, surely there must be someone out there willing to come in and give it a try. We might as well at least try go down fighting.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go for anyone who has previously managed us.

The two names that spring to mind for me are Steve Cotterill and Sean Dyche. Billy Davies has consistently made the playoffs with Championship clubs, if he waits another month he'd get the chance to do it again (he might even see Blackburn as that opportunity). We aren't an attractive option for him.

To be honest, I think a lot of managers would relish coming into our club knowing the squad we have....and the majority would probably be able to get more out of them than we are getting at the moment.

Something needs to be done to kick start our season and a change of manager seems like the only option we have left. I hate to say this because I really like Dickov, he's a top bloke, but just hasn't got a clue when it comes to managing a team. I think he has only lasted this long purely because he does seem to have some very good contacts within the game which have helped us to build the squad we now have......

Thanks for building the squad, but now is the time to step aside and let someone else get the best out of it!

Sack him, advertise the post and see who applies...that's about all Corney can do, unless he already has irons in the fire.

The whole point is, we can all see the quality we have in the squad, surely there must be someone out there willing to come in and give it a try. We might as well at least try go down fighting.

The next manager needs an attacking philosphy and a will to entertain the crowd..who fits thats description ?

What kind of selection criteria is this?

It fits with my theory that 80% of people who have ever played professional football would get better results out of these players.

Throw in a sharp dresser and you have a winning combo.

Edited by opinions4u

My dad looks ok in a suit also , maybe he should apply for it also... I think your reading to much into my post..

It was more to do with "I don't know his credentials" that I thought was cobblers. So you want Dickov to go; fair enough but at least be credible. By the way - he's an events organiser at City...