do one dickov

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Resignation would be the right way to go.....You did you're best Paul but inexperience and poor tactics were your downfall.

First couple of months we were amazing but since then we have been awful and you've had more than enough time to turn it round.

We've not won three on the bounce in the league during his time here and even a win today I feel would have just been papering over the cracks....I'm gutted it hasn't worked out................ but that's life!!

Doesn't strike me as the type of bloke to walk away.

Then he will have to be sacked.

There is no excuses! We have the players capable of doing so much more and it is blatantly obvious that Dickov cannot either get them motivated or get them playing the correct way. The defence is a shambles and it could have been a lot worse if Bouzanis had not made some excellent saves.

There is so much potential in this squad, yet so much wrong and I believe that starts with Dickov and Taggart.

We don't need to swap him for a better manager - though that would be a start - but we do do need one that has better luck in games! One whose team hits the post and it goes in rather than out or whose opposition doesn't score in the last 5 minutes. Confidence is a big factor and losses like these will see it ebb away, especially when the home crowd suffers disappointment over and over again.

There needs to a catalyst to turn things round and, as yet, it hasn't been new signings.

I think he was very unlucky today.

They were awful , Baxter was fantastic and we should have put the game to bed against an awful team.

However I imagine Mvoto will be a clear winner of their man of the match award , his second half performance was outstanding.

He is some kind of bizarre cult hero on here ,I have no idea why ,Tarks would be ripped to shreds for a performace like that.

Give me the steady professional no nonsense of Byrne any day.

Should Mvoto have been replaced a lot earlier ......yes

Why bring Simpson on right on full time ....no idea , some kind of coaching masterpiece no doubt.

I think he was very unlucky today.

They were awful , Baxter was fantastic and we should have put the game to bed against an awful team.

However I imagine Mvoto will be a clear winner of their man of the match award , his second half performance was outstanding.

He is some kind of bizarre cult hero on here ,I have no idea why ,Tarks would be ripped to shreds for a performace like that.

Give me the steady professional no nonsense of Byrne any day.

Should Mvoto have been replaced a lot earlier ......yes

Why bring Simpson on right on full time ....no idea , some kind of coaching masterpiece no doubt.

The irrational act of a desperate man.

Croft was knackered after 35

Wesolowki was walking on glue after 60 minutes, Furman was non existant too, the Coventry manager spotted this and brought attacking subs on while our management team looked totally perplexed.

Edited by BP1960

Changes really should've been made a lot earlier.Croft & Montano looked knackered on 70

montano should never wear the shirt again,we had an opprtunity to sign leon clarke on loan for £50,000 or montano for 3 yrs,no brainer in my opinion clarke scored again today,montano played :censored: again

montano should never wear the shirt again,we had an opprtunity to sign leon clarke on loan for £50,000 or montano for 3 yrs,no brainer in my opinion clarke scored again today,montano played :censored: again

Seriously? Montano is one hell of a player, and is always a danger. Who in his place for Crewe?

Montano hell of player and works his balls off for the team racking back and going again the other way at full pelt.

10x the player Taylor is.

Clarke would be no use to us because the strikers don't get the correct service with our 2 defenders in midfield, so pointless.

And i would never pay £50k willingly for a loan deal, no way.

Montano's problem was he had been booked, after that it got to him and he was virually ineffective.

Personally, I would switch him occasionally during a game to the right wing where he could cut inside and have a crack at goal, I don't think PD has ever tried this tactic though, his players are as static as traffic cones.

Edited by BP1960

If we did sack Dickov, who are we going to bring in and do you think they could turn this season around with this crop of players. It would make sense to sack him but i wouldn't call for it because i don't know who we'd bring in and i don't think we'd be any better

If we did sack Dickov, who are we going to bring in and do you think they could turn this season around with this crop of players. It would make sense to sack him but i wouldn't call for it because i don't know who we'd bring in and i don't think we'd be any better

Anybody. Really.

80% of Latics managers have a better record.

Can you really justify keeping him? We're going down if things carry on. How can the new guy do worse?

Anybody. Really.

80% of Latics managers have a better record.

Can you really justify keeping him? We're going down if things carry on. How can the new guy do worse?

Fair enough, anybody is a bit vague. Who's out of work that we could afford, that would want to come here and could honestly do any better. I'm no Dickov fanatic and I think we're plating dire.

Fair enough, anybody is a bit vague. Who's out of work that we could afford, that would want to come here and could honestly do any better. I'm no Dickov fanatic and I think we're plating dire.

You could pick any out of work manager. Any ex-player keen to manage. Any longstanding coach in the game.

There's an 80% chance they'd do better.

Give a man a chance. Earl Barrett.

Go back in time. Sheridan, Royle, Ritchie.

Give the skipper the job. Gregan.

Pay for experience. Davies, Dowie.

Just give a bog standard man the job. <insert the names of 50 managers who left their employer last season>

Doing nothing because there are no suitable candidates isn't the right course of action.

Edited by opinions4u

You could pick any out of work manager. Any ex-player keen to manage. Any longstanding coach in the game.

There's an 80% chance they'd do better.

Give a man a chance. Earl Barrett.

Go back in time. Sheridan, Royle, Ritchie.

Give the skipper the job. Gregan.

Pay for experience. Davies, Dowie.

Just give a bog standard man the job. <insert the names of 50 managers who left their employer last season>

Doing nothing because there are no suitable candidates isn't the right course of action.

Earl Barratt would be a good shout, I dont know his credentials but he always looks dapper when I see him