**NEW MANAGER**

Steve Cotterill

Without a doubt

Trophies -

Sligo Rovers

Cheltenham Town

Notts County

Stats

Managed 597 games won 243 win percentage of 40.70%!!

Even in his other jobs at Burnley, Forest and Pompey he kept them all up when they were in a struggle.

Think he'd probably he happy enough to drop down to our league for now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone remind me how many loan deals this new manager would have available to them to put their own stamp on the team?

This is where we are in a slightly different scenario to normal imo. The squad and current starting XI is good enough to work with and that should be a requirement of the manager coming in. If Wabara and Derbyshire get recalled then give the manager funds for loan signings but until then changes aren't needed and probably can't be afforded.

If the same people who want Dickov out can only summon up Dowie, Shez or Ritchie as suggested replacements I think I'll be ignoring their views completely.

I'm worried.

Another untried ambitious young manager may fail completely.

We know what we'll get from any of those three & I'm confident any of them would keep this group of players up.

I can't look beyond that at the moment.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'm a 'the players are good enough' theory supporter but are they? Baxter and Derbyshire have scored three of our five goals which means that the squad which started the season has managed just two. When Derbyshire goes, why would he stay, we will be in deeper :censored: particularly if Baxter is played as a front man, or just behind the front man, because don't we all see him as the much needed attacking midfield player?

We have a stubborn proud manager who needs a new start but who will employ him and does SC have the desire to sack him?

Two wins would change everything but how when the players appear to have lost heart. M'voto just gave up until Byrne had a go at him. Furman seems to have lost his way. Leaderless on and off the pitch.

The beer before and after the game didn't make it any better - must need more!

I'd like Sean Dyche too, he'd be my number 1 for the job too. He isn't unrealisitic either, probably wants to be back in management and we're a similar job to his Watford tenure was.

Had the new owners at Watford come in he would be still in a job at a club with a low budget in comparison to their league - sounds a bit like us.

His best players were sold to raise funds and he still managed to get a solid 11th place with many draws (more of them being at home than away) which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He's a hard worker, a dedicated professional and an advocat of a good youth team to nuture players into the first team.

Yes, I've convinced myself: if Dickov goes, I want Dyche.

I'd like Sean Dyche too, he'd be my number 1 for the job too. He isn't unrealisitic either, probably wants to be back in management and we're a similar job to his Watford tenure was.

Had the new owners at Watford come in he would be still in a job at a club with a low budget in comparison to their league - sounds a bit like us.

His best players were sold to raise funds and he still managed to get a solid 11th place with many draws (more of them being at home than away) which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He's a hard worker, a dedicated professional and an advocat of a good youth team to nuture players into the first team.

Yes, I've convinced myself: if Dickov goes, I want Dyche.

Those are the reasons I'd want him but I didn't realise that he had a coaching job at the England U21's.

He might be tempted to move from it but I wouldn't guarentee it.

The footballing world was in shock on Monday when Mark Hughes walked out on QPR.

An even bigger shock for the gathering press though was the explanation by Hughes for his departure.

"I've been in management for a number of years now but something's been eating away at me ever since I hung up my boots."

"For 20 years I've had an overwhelming urge to right a wrong."

"I was offside and that goal should not have stood! I've sat back and watched a club drop like a stone, lose thousands of fans along the way and be passed from one owner to the next. All this as a direct consequence of my actions."

"Well, that will change. I'm going to use my managerial expertise plus all my millions to right that wrong"

It is likely that Harry Redknapp will return from the football wilderness to be installed at the helm at Loftus Road.

Haha excellent

Dyche is in the England U21 set up... can we offer a better option to him than that?

Another chance in club management

Time to do his job rather than a successful season and the sack

A good first team that needs motivating and the fight instilling into them

Theres potential, just need someone to seize it!

Forget it! There isn't a man or woman out there that can perform the miracle needed to get us out of this without several million quid. So stop trying to find "the right man for the job" This person does not exist.

All we need is money, money, money and we ain't getting that either!

Paul Dickov, I will always admire you for trying to achieve the impossible.

Forget it! There isn't a man or woman out there that can perform the miracle needed to get us out of this without several million quid. So stop trying to find "the right man for the job" This person does not exist.

Corney's words suggested that we had a top 12 budget last season.

So Dickov's underachieved.

This season we've deteriorated further.

I can't admire that.

Stevenage, Walsall and Tranmere comprehensively prove that your statement is incorrect. Their budgets will be similar to ours, if not less in Walsall's case yet they're challenging for the play-offs at the moment.

My opinion is that Dickov will not be sacked and the key to our future will depend on how Simon Corney feels about retaining his faith in the viability of OAFC.

Worst case scenario (imo) :

Mr Corney will allow present loan deals to expire and tell the manager to persevere with the remaining squad members (unless he can negotiate some free loans).

If we are still in the relegation zone come the end of the season, he'll liquidate the club and free up the ground for his ex-colleagues to develop as they wish without the burden of a football club to support.

Best case scenario:

A miracle occurs - we win every remaining game and get promoted.

Hopefully reality will be somewhere between the two and we are still watching a football league team in Oldham next season.

My opinion is that Dickov will not be sacked and the key to our future will depend on how Simon Corney feels about retaining his faith in the viability of OAFC.

Worst case scenario (imo) :

Mr Corney will allow present loan deals to expire and tell the manager to persevere with the remaining squad members (unless he can negotiate some free loans).

If we are still in the relegation zone come the end of the season, he'll liquidate the club and free up the ground for his ex-colleagues to develop as they wish without the burden of a football club to support.

Best case scenario:

A miracle occurs - we win every remaining game and get promoted.

Hopefully reality will be somewhere between the two and we are still watching a football league team in Oldham next season.

Is your grandson a postman?