• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a totally different challenge to facing crewe tomorrow. Preston will be far more robust and it will depend on whether our players can withstand the physical presence, especially our more flambouyant players.

Maybe i hant written my post vary clearly but thats basically what I said. Preston will play ugly and harry us and put pressure on us and wont be scared to route one it and try and over power us what ever why they can.

We have to be physically and mentally ready for that we need 11 players prepared to go in and hard win the ball and then find a blue shirt with it. Instead of hiding from possesion or sitting to deep and inviting preston on to us. We have decent attacking players but we have to earn the right for them to have the ball. Tomorrow we have to be prepared to battle and this team oddly doesnt seem to like that

Edited by bluehobbit

Maybe i hant written my post vary clearly but thats basically what I said. Preston will play ugly and harry us and put pressure on us and wont be scared to route one it and try and over power us what ever why they can.

We have to be physically and mentally ready for that we need 11 players prepared to go in and hard win the ball and then find a blue shirt with it. Instead of hiding from possesion or sitting to deep and inviting preston on to us. We have decent attacking players but we have to earn the right for them to have the ball. Tomorrow we have to be prepared to battle and this team oddly doesnt seem to like that

:grin: Crossed wires i think, i was agreeing with you too, just putting my slant on it. A tough game but if we don't fall into the trap of punting it forward and try to keep the ball on the deck, then we have every chance.

A positive start is needed, but has to last longer than 15 mins.

Hopefully this will be the day we light the blue touch paper to our season.

A win under our belt on Tuesday with a promising performance followed by another win...a resounding win with goals...against Preston.

The catalyst to a very successful season.

We have the players and despite the recent doubts, we have the manager to lead us onwards and upwards.

4-2 to OAFC with Derbyshire scoring at least a brace

Friend of a friend did some work for Iain Hume recently. Understandably (given the "U are one of 8 players that I expect to have left the club by the start of the season" text), he doesn't speak very highly of Westley. Sounds like a horrible little Billy Big Bollocks to work for. Reminds me of Martin Allen - act mental enough and hope that people think you're 'eccentric' rather than an old-fashioned bellend.

My concern always with bigger clubs playing at our place is the team , and defence in particular , falling apart defending the Rochdale Road End . They don't seem to me to handle the noisy away end at all well.

Let's hope the manager has been able to get through to the players how important it is to put in another terrific performance.

No putting on a show for half a game , no blaming the fans for not playing well at home.

Tim to deliver at home me thinks.

This Westley bloke. Who the f is he? I realise that he is universally hated on here, but I don't know anything about him. What's his history?

I was just on the beeb site and I did bump into these 'up his own ass' quotes though

It starts to happen to any side that's got success on the horizon. People start pointing fingers to try and take an edge away from them

and

Our re-emergence is starting to frighten people, for sure. We've got to make sure we just stay focused on our job

He's a man who regularly falls out with players and fans, has a very high opinion of himself, and is not famous for his loyalty or adherence to sentimental football principles. As an early example, as player/manager/chairman at Farnborough Town he renamed the ground to the pretentious AIMITA Stadium (where "Attitude Is More Important Than Ability"), tried to merge them with Kingstonian, binned a home FA Cup tie against Arsenal in favour of making more money by switching it to Highbury, then buggered off.

Since then he's had an unerring ability to fall out with his own players and fans. A very ambitious man who I wouldn't trust very far.

My concern always with bigger clubs playing at our place is the team , and defence in particular , falling apart defending the Rochdale Road End . They don't seem to me to handle the noisy away end at all well.

Let's hope the manager has been able to get through to the players how important it is to put in another terrific performance.

No putting on a show for half a game , no blaming the fans for not playing well at home.

Tim to deliver at home me thinks.

I think back to the Huddersfield game a couple of years back where we attacked the home end first and it quietened their fans in the 2nd half when they attacked the Chaddy. For most grounds it works the other way around but as our away end is bigger than the home end it is probably better for us to shoot towards the Chaddy in the 1st half.

For most grounds it works the other way around but as our away end is bigger than the home end it is probably better for us to shoot towards the Chaddy in the 1st half.

Given the option we always try to attack the Chaddy End in the second half due to the massive slope towards that end. Not easy for a tiring team to attack uphill.

Given the option we always try to attack the Chaddy End in the second half due to the massive slope towards that end. Not easy for a tiring team to attack uphill.

How big is the height difference at each end?

I thought the pitch was more or less flat but the Lookers paddock sloped a bit.

Another great performance! The four forwards were all superb today - we're really starting to look like a team now.

Not quite as impressive football-wise as Tuesday but we dominated again against a harder team and the three goals were top drawer. I dragged a mate of mine along who's an Arsenal fan and he was pleasantly surprised, especially by our second goal.

I wasn't sure how our makeshift defence would cope with what I was expecting to be a guns-blazing second half from PNE but Wabara looked OK at centre back. Could do with more cover there though.

PNE were dreadful, I was expecting a much harder game. Their players were anonymous and none of them stood out. Would you want to play for Westley the :censored: though? When he wasn't tapping his wrist, he spent most of the time shouting and swearing at his players and staff.

This is on the PNE forum-

'I don't leave games early but my partner had arrived early to pick me up at the garage on the main road and there was a massive fight kicking off around her so I missed the finish. I wanted to applaud Laird, Beavon, Wright, Monakana and Wroe off but I had to go. In her words, a load of Oldham fans came out of the Grey Mare and started hurling abuse at a PNE fan taking his two young kids home and then piled over the road to attack anyone in PNE shirts. :censored:ing scum.'

anyone see or hear anything?

We haven't had a slope at BP since the Plastic Pitch was installed, when the base was levelled thus the very apparent sloping Broadway Side….

Edited by oafcprozac