Bouzanis and the corner

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said though in the other thread O4U, that was the game there. Instead their keeper held on to the ball and he was back in goal, an early release could have seen us up :censored: creek defending an early goal. Cheers Danny Wilson, yer negative :censored:….

Edited by oafcprozac

As I said though in the other thread O4U, that was the game there. Instead their keeper held on to the ball and he was back in goal, an early release could have seen us up :censored: creek defending an early girl. Cheers Danny Wilson, yer negative :censored:….

I've always enjoyed defending those, but not at a footie match.

Edited by Bristolatic

As I said though in the other thread O4U, that was the game there. Instead their keeper held on to the ball and he was back in goal, an early release could have seen us up :censored: creek defending an early girl. Cheers Danny Wilson, yer negative :censored:….

They also had a corner near the end where they had no fewer than SIX men back. It was very odd.

I'm an unashamed flag waver for Bouzanis and am pleased that it's all gping so well for him at the minute. Seems to be able to influence a game with his distribution from the back and strikes me as having an infectious positive attitude.

I said I thought Bouzy was a better goalie than Cisak after the last match last season and was laughed at. I stand by that.

I really rate Bouzanis but I think Cisak is better.

The headache we have here is that we can only play one of them and if the other doesn't get played there is a good chance they will leave.

Good problem to have I suppose. Would hate to lose Cisak because of it though.

However Bouzanis deserves his place though because he is the form keeper at the moment.

problem is tho, to sell a keeper for a decent sum they usually have to be playing regularly. so at the mo, bouzanis doesnt have the games under his belt to command a fee, while cisak does, but aint going to be in the shop window on the bench. in other words, neither are leaving for a fee anytime soon.

on a side note, it says a lot for gerrards pedigree as a coach

It's a great situation to have - we've 2 quality League One 'Keepers at the club at the moment, for the 1st time in years & years.

For me - an in-form Cisak is the better GK; but there's really not much in it.

What i do like about Bouzanis is he's a comfortable football player with the ball at his feet; off either foot he's very assured, and his distribution is very solid indeed.

And - whilst he's in the side and doing well; the shirt is rightly his. It's good competition

watched this game with much interest from OZ. His kicking looked ok but nothing special (watch this for a young aussie who can distribute the ball -

). he looked suspect on crosses but didnt have a lot to do. From what I've seen of them (only seen cisak on youtube) would take Cisak everyday of the week.

Bouzanis was always massively rated in the press back home, or maybe overrated and played the Greek card to push the aussie selectors to pick him...made him very unpopular.

right now from what I know Cisak is in line for the socceroos along with a guy at Dortmund (Langerak) and another top young keeper from the A-League, Matty Ryan (who was recently on trial at Spurs)

as for the corner couldnt believe what I was seeing when he went up that early...total brain fade.

watched this game with much interest from OZ. His kicking looked ok but nothing special (watch this for a young aussie who can distribute the ball -

). he looked suspect on crosses but didnt have a lot to do. From what I've seen of them (only seen cisak on youtube) would take Cisak everyday of the week.

Bouzanis was always massively rated in the press back home, or maybe overrated and played the Greek card to push the aussie selectors to pick him...made him very unpopular.

right now from what I know Cisak is in line for the socceroos along with a guy at Dortmund (Langerak) and another top young keeper from the A-League, Matty Ryan (who was recently on trial at Spurs)

as for the corner couldnt believe what I was seeing when he went up that early...total brain fade.

I can't really see what the keeper in your video is doing so well - he has a big kick and they obviously have a plan that he launches it to the wing ASAP - it's more piss poor that the defenders aren't wise to it and often let the winger have time to take it down without a challenge. They should spot his range and expect it whenever the ball comes to him.

If you would of said to be last year that Bouzanis was going to be our number 1 I would of laughed at you but he deserves to be number 1. He has saved us a lot of times this season plus he has the most passion for the club then anyone else on the pitch.

If you would of said to be last year that Bouzanis was going to be our number 1 I would of laughed at you but he deserves to be number 1. He has saved us a lot of times this season plus he has the most passion for the club then anyone else on the pitch.

Brad you are on the mark.

Tosser from the A League trying to flog a keeper that simply is not good enough to ply his trade in the UK

Brad you are on the mark.

Tosser from the A League trying to flog a keeper that simply is not good enough to ply his trade in the UK

ummm, no. The kid in the video is only 19, has been capped by Australia and is set to move to Spurs next summer. As for Bouzanis and Cisak I can only comment on what I have seen, and of what I have seen Cisak (albeit a highlights reel) appears to be a much better keeper...

Perhaps a question might be more useful...as supporters of the club, do you see Bouzanis holding on to the #1 spot, and if yes, what likelihood is there of Cisak moving on, or vice-versa? haven't meant to offend, just interested in the Aussie keepers. btw, how has Liam Jacob impressed? there's not been a lot in the media about him back home, but he is in the current U/20 team that played portugal yesterday.