RRE for away fans: Bury and Tranmere Games

I can't imagine any other club gives the best stand in the ground to away fans , it is bizarre.

The allegiance to the Chaddy and what it was stops the Rochdale Road End being the home end unfortunately , but that was a lifetime ago.

You have to be over 30 to remember any great times in the terrace ,and there were many of them.

I stood in the middle of the Chaddy during the 1980's up until the last standing in there in '91.

We sit in the RRE , the views are terrific wherever you sit .

The away fans of the 'big clubs' must laugh their socks off the first time they see which stand they have got & the clapped out end we must suffer.

fans of the 'big clubs' tend to mock the fact that we took 6400 fans to Liverpool yet we can't get that number at home, such as Huddersfields pa announcer last season

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Are the people who are criticising the club for pissing fans off for moving them for a few games from the RRE (although it's clear when you buy an ST in there that that will happen) the same people advocating turfing out a stand full (ish) of people (Chaddy) so we can have 'the nicest stand'?

Are the people who are criticising the club for pissing fans off for moving them for a few games from the RRE (although it's clear when you buy an ST in there that that will happen) the same people advocating turfing out a stand full (ish) of people (Chaddy) so we can have 'the nicest stand'?

a few games,the way its going we will be moving more and more up to the point where it will be one or two games where we are in the rre and it is the better of the two stands,the chaddy lost its atmosphere when the seats were put in,so its run its coarse,

I used to sit in the lookers, then I moved to the main stand and got fed up of the constant loud cheers and songs (sarcasm) and so I tried chaddy end. I then found that all the singing etc was in the RRE so I moved again for the atmosphere.

I now have a RRE season ticket. I bought the season ticket knowing that I would have to move from time to time and I hate it and it really pisses me off. I can't say much though because I was already aware.

I don't really understand why the chaddy end don't move into ours, simply because its bigger and better but then you lose the history of the chaddy end being the home fans stand. Not an issue to me but I can see why it is to others.

three reasons why this happens

1. We don't have a 4th stand

2. We don't get enough home fans on a regular basis to cover the Police costs

3. The cheap season tickets have increased the element of little ****s who want to cause trouble like what we saw against Coventry

Although I do think it's a tad extreme in the case of Bury, they only got 1800 at home last night

A further reason for the Bury game- City are playing Ajax that night and GMP think there might be trouble at that game, which is more likely now. So they don't want to have to waste resources to seperate a bunch of kids throwing stuff at each other at our ground like what happened with Coventry.

Does occasionally having to tilt your head to the left or right of a pillar really affect your enjoyment of a football match?

I sat main stand upper last season, neat the top half way line. Best seats in the house you would think. Except that I couldn't see the chaddy end goalmouth. So yes it has an impact on ones enjoyment.

three reasons why this happens

3. The cheap season tickets have increased the element of little ****s who want to cause trouble like what we saw against Coventry

That tends to be the case whenever we play Tranmere. Personally the Chaddy does sound better when the home fans are in there.

i meant why did you have to swear obviously you didnt get the message,so who's intelligence is in question ?and the certain games to be moved for in my mind wouldn't include bury & tranmere seeing as we weren't moved last season for those games

We had the small bit for the Bury game.

its getting beyond a joke now,there is no other club takes the piss out of its own fans like ours,they need to wake up and make the chaddy the away end and stop pandering to the visiting club.no wonder a lot of tics fans havnt renewed thier season tickets for the rre its really taking the piss

No, they need to wake up and leave the RRE for away fans only.

Of course if the new Broadway Stand ever reopens, Latics will immediately revert to the RRE being solely for the away fans surely?

no chance,they wont have the away fans walk up the hill at the side of the rre anymore,they will bend over backwards to give them the best stand and put the mass! of away fans we get every home game in it,hahahahaha,for all the fans bury will bring you could pen them in under 1floodlight..

Of course if the new Broadway Stand ever reopens, Latics will immediately revert to the RRE being solely for the away fans surely?

Surely not!........What a waste!.......most clubs only bring a few hundred fans at best, why deprive latics fans of a decent view from behind the goal.

Most visiting fans can fit in the small section no problem.

Also, does it not help to have home fans at both ends of the ground ?