Changes For Saturday?

This is not Football Manager we are playing on Saturday. There will be consequences for not winning and I can’t think of a positive one. Leave squad rotation to a couple of clubs I don’t care to mention. Strongest team please. Start with Smith if it means getting 6-8 more league matches out of Derbyshire.

We do not have the luxury of a large squad something that will ensure we start 2013/14 in League 1 and we are going to be without Derbyshire, Warbara, and Mvoto then I sugget we play the strongest team available and minimise the changes.

Theirs a temptation to bring in both Furman and Cisak but I think now isn't the time for that they will both come back into the team at some point though certainly in the case of Furman who perhaps needs a few games on the bench.

Furman for Wes (played a LOT of games)

Personally I would play Sutherland for Croft / Montano (both could do with a rest)

Wes? He's played eleven games. The bloke's a professional footballer. As are Croft and Montano. None of them need a rest!

We re not even playin on tues either side of it, so no need to rest anyone, these are young lads in peak condition ! ( perhaps not crofty. .)

Vital as any league game that we win on sat, could give us the cup run that gives us some cash to keep the divisions best strike force together .

I'm sure Brown could do with a run out, we all thought he was the answer before we got Wabara in. Unless he's been a silly boy I'd say we should try and keep him interested on the side of the squad when we don't know what Man :censored:ty are going to do.

We re not even playin on tues either side of it, so no need to rest anyone, these are young lads in peak condition ! ( perhaps not crofty. .)

Vital as any league game that we win on sat, could give us the cup run that gives us some cash to keep the divisions best strike force together .

So you won't be turning up to our home game against our most local rivals for this season?

I think a few on here need to wake up.

There is definately no room for "resting" players in the FA Cup, we are not a top 4 prem club!

Also our kids wont be good enough to beat Kidderminster at home in front of what will be a very passionate crowd.

Dont be under any illusions, this match is massive and anything but progression to the 2nd round, may well result in all or some of our loan signings going back much earlier than expected.

I can't understand those who think we should rest players. Who do we think we are? We're only in the league and this cup now!

This is a big game anyway. If we're going to finish mid-table then the fun is in the cup run and we need to make sure we're in the third round draw. If we're going to make a run for higher than mid-table then we need money for Jose/Derbyshire/Wabara...and so we need a cup run.

Got to agree - this game is highly important for the club. We will see a couple of enforced changes with MVoto and Derbyshire not available - also it would be interesting to see if Simpson has recovered from the horrendous eye injury - often these things get worse before they get better.

Hopefully we will see Smith start with Tarkowski replacing big Jean - the question is whether Furman starts in the middle too.

Whatever the side - let's hope no-one takes the game lightly - it is a must not lose contest.

I think everyone's pretty much of the same opinion on this thread - which a rarity on here really - and it's only one or 2 who are suggesting big changes.

I think PD would be stupid to consider any wholesale changes, this is a huge game. Ype, it's against a lower side, but the consequences for going out of this cup are huge - for the club and for PD I'd say. We need to get through to the 2nd round, and then we need to get through that one too - a 3rd round tie, on the TV or against a 'big' Premier League side a la last year is exactly what the club needs.

It shouldn't have been budgeted for (see Leeds or Glasgow Rangers for examples of how not to structure the finances on what might be achieved) - but the money from getting to the 3rd round in the FA Cup is vital to us. It could keep Jose Baxter to the end of the season, it might mean we have a chance of extending Derbyshire's loan into 2013 - or, it might plug a gap in the continued losses the club runs at. Vital really in any of those examples I'd say?

I wouldn't be swappping the 'Keeper. Bouzy has claimed the No.1 spot (rightly IMO on form) and it's his to keep.

Tarky obviously comes in for JYM, but other than that, I'd keep the defence the same.

Midfield - I'd again keep it the same. They are professional athletes and so should be able to play this game on Sat, and follow that up with Tuesday game too. I'd go with Montano, Wes, Simpson & Croft - as per Crawley. Furman is then on the bench again; if needed.

Up top, in the ony other enforced change, I'd go with Matt Smith. I've been critical, but he's earned his starting spot I'd say, with the impact he's had off the bench recently. So, Smith & Baxter to start.

We need to win. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition. We're not a Real Madrid and can afford the luxary of resting 1/2 the team or more. We need to get through this game, and keep our ball in the hat so to speak for the 2nd round. Play the strongest side, and play to win.

Edited by slystallone

It shouldn't have been budgeted for (see Leeds or Glasgow Rangers for examples of how not to structure the finances on what might be achieved)

Just hair splitting, but Leeds could have beaten Mars in the Intergalactic Cup Final for the following decade and still gone bust, and Rangers just never structured their finances against the chances of getting caught.

Definately play our strongest possible team. Fringe or current benched players get run outs in reserve matches not in FA Cup matches - it'd be madness for a club in our position to do otherwise. Getting through the first two rounds could be huge to the club, why would anyone jeopardise it? If we lose then it'll be twelve months before we get a similar opportunity.