Changes For Saturday?

I know that the Derbyshire change looks a forced one and whilst disappointed he probably wont play v Kidderminster im happy for Matt Smith that he will get a deserved start

Would anyone maybe give Cisak a run out in goal?

I would have give Tarky a run out and that is a forced change as well

Maybe Sutherland a start out wide?

M'Changama middle of the park?

Whats your opinions I know that its a very important game financially but good to give game time to players as well

I hope we don't make too many changes, it bit us on the arse two years ago.

However, I would go with

Cisak

Brown

Tarky

Byrne

Grounds

Croft

Simpson

Wesolowski

Sutherland

Smith

Baxter

Only 1 change I would make from that is give Crofty a rest and play Montano instead as he was sacrificed Saturday

I worry we may see Simpson up top to accomodate Furman and then Smith left out which is not only really harsh but IMO tried and unsucessful

good chance for smith to show what he can do at a level he's scored a lot at

i'd play wabara and baxter, if they're cup tied there's more chance of keeping them. wouldnt change much though, just use subs to give fringe players a bit more time (m'changama, brown, sutherland, hughes etc)

Cisak

Brown

Bryne

Tarky

Grounds

Sutherland

Furman

M'changama

Hughes

Baxter

Smith

Rests a few players and allows some of the fringe/younger ones a run out, but the team is still good enough to beat them.

For me if we play that team it's disrespecting the opposition and the cup. We desperately need to win. 90 per cent of that side has now fa cup experience. They will be physical and bang

Up for it. That side would probably see us exiting the competition.

For me if we play that team it's disrespecting the opposition and the cup. We desperately need to win. 90 per cent of that side has now fa cup experience. They will be physical and bang

Up for it. That side would probably see us exiting the competition.

Is it?

Keeper - arguably not much between Cisak and Bouzanis.

Defence - Two of our first choice defenders playing, one enforced change in having to bring Tarky in. So thats 3 players in defence who'll be playing the next few games.

Midfield - Starting with two in midfield that are a decent midfield pairing at league one level. Hughes - judging by Montano struggling recently with an injury then it makes sense to give him a rest. Then giving a run out to Sutherland who's been around the first team recently after impressing in the youths.

Strike - Arguably one of best players starting. Smith - enforced change.

That side should have enough about it to beat a conference team.

Same side as Saturday with Tarky in JYM and Smith for Derbyshire.

I'd have said give Cisak a game but with JYM suspended it's probably best the new 'back three' of Byrne, Tarky and Bouzy get a chance to play a full 90 before the Bury game.

Thats a good shout JSS about the defence but I would be suprised not to see Ciask beteween the sticks

As for the midfield im with Gaz that midfield worries me a little, for me its Sutherland or Hughes not both and I would opt for Sutherland as he seems to be ahead in the pecking order

Do we know if Wabara is cup-tied?

Cisak

Brown

Bryne

Tarky

Grounds

Sutherland

Furman

M'changama

Hughes

Baxter

Smith

Rests a few players and allows some of the fringe/younger ones a run out, but the team is still good enough to beat them.

Turn up with that midfield and I think we will get a hammering, just my opinion like.

Got a horrible feeling he will go with Furman in and therefore Simpson up top so Smith will miss out again. Hope not because I think Smith deserves a chance after recent performances.

Turn up with that midfield and I think we will get a hammering, just my opinion like.

Got a horrible feeling he will go with Furman in and therefore Simpson up top so Smith will miss out again. Hope not because I think Smith deserves a chance after recent performances.

This ^ is exactly what I said in post 5, genuinely think he will do that

I can't understand those who think we should rest players. Who do we think we are? We're only in the league and this cup now!

This is a big game anyway. If we're going to finish mid-table then the fun is in the cup run and we need to make sure we're in the third round draw. If we're going to make a run for higher than mid-table then we need money for Jose/Derbyshire/Wabara...and so we need a cup run.

If Wabara and Croft are allowed to play- they play if not bring Brown in for Wabara and either Winchester/Youseff/Sutherland/Hughes in for Croft.

Baxter plays for me, even if just off the bench he plays. It gets him cup-tied and makes him less valuable for clubs to out-bid us for his services in January (unless he signs a new contract between now and Saturday). If he starts on the bench play Simmo further forward with Furman in midfield, but tell either Furman or Wes to get forward.

Presumably Derbyshire is not going to play, in that case I'd play Smith. Smith has done enough from the bench recently to deserve a starting place against a conference side. Simmo whilst playing well behind Baxter but with Wes behind him in midfield is not a lone front-man and neither is Baxter. I would prefer he played Taylor than have a front two of Baxter and Simpson.

If Croft is allowed to play then I wouldn't have a problem if he rests Monty, as Monty is obviously carrying a niggle but if Derby don't let us play Croft, Monty starts.

Will Baxter play?

Or does he tweak a muscle in training so he's not cup tied and give him potentially more options in January.

He better not!

I always look forward to seeing Latics play but this is the first time in a while that I'm really looking forward to seeing an individual play, as this might be the only occasion I get before he leaves in January.

I'd play the strongest possible team i.e. the same XI apart from Mvoto and Derbyshire. Tarky and Smith will fill in well imo.