How Long Until Enough is Enough - He's had 2+ 1/4 seasons......

How much time do the fans / owners give the manager until the decision of 'enough is enough' is made?

I like everything PD says, I like the style of football he's trying to deliver, I like the first x11 players, I really liked the performance over Crewe and Preston. However, I really can't stand the x15-20 games of utter garbage that comes inbetween the good performances.

Unfortunatley this is what's going to be on the menu until either, PD decides his position in untenable and resigns, or SC comes up with some £££'s and sacks him.

I keep reading messages of people critising PD and moaning about all the negativity. It's hardly surprising when you look at our manager's win %.

The style of football PD is trying to employ just won't work with the standard of players at his disposal. It's sad to say but that's basically why it only works 1 or 2 times out of 10. Hense the players being in League One. If they were good at pressing, playing high tempo and techniqly able they would be playing in a higher division.

PD has shown over 2 and a bit seasons that he can't improve players ability (infact if you look at results vs previous seasons we've got worse each season) so he may as well play to the League's standards and be a physical boring long ball side, just look at Stevenage for example sitting top 3 (I'm not a long ball merchant, just being realistic).

I'm sorry to say but enough is enough. Others will be happy for us to win 1 or 2 out 10 but they are probably the ones that don't attend the games...............

Umm.....this is a message board for Oldham fans yes?

I'm an Oldhan fan and am p*ssed off with the dire performances, I'd share my feelings with mates down the pub etc but sadly they're not Latics fans and arent really bothered wether we win or lose.

Surely other Oldham fans are concerned and the more you lose the more frustrated you get and this is the place to vent those frustrations (or happiness when we win all be it not very often) isn't it?

Umm.....this is a message board for Oldham fans yes?

I'm an Oldhan fan and am p*ssed off with the dire performances, I'd share my feelings with mates down the pub etc but sadly they're not Latics fans and arent really bothered wether we win or lose.

Surely other Oldham fans are concerned and the more you lose the more frustrated you get and this is the place to vent those frustrations (or happiness when we win all be it not very often) isn't it?

Thing is, if everyone posts a brand new thread about the same subject every time they're a bit miffed it becomes a bit of a mess.

Totally agree with latic76,how long do we have to put up with this :censored:e,I can not wait for the Hartlepool game an Shrewsbury if we don't get 6 points min he should be f#cked off or he should walk on his own accord if he has owt about himself!!

Edited by oafc21

Can anybody justify the claim that all is well. Well managed with spot on tactics. Six points from the last four gains should have been a minimum. Don't be fooled by beating no league Kidders. I'm a 'these players are good enough' but the direction is wrong supporter now.

Totally agree with latic76,how long do we have to put up with this :censored:e,I can not wait for the Hartlepool game an Shrewsbury if we don't get 6 points min he should be f#cked off or he should walk on his own accord if he has owt about himself!!

Six points, minimum? I'd expect far more from those two games.

How much time do the fans / owners give the manager until the decision of 'enough is enough' is made?

I like everything PD says, I like the style of football he's trying to deliver, I like the first x11 players, I really liked the performance over Crewe and Preston. However, I really can't stand the x15-20 games of utter garbage that comes inbetween the good performances.

Unfortunatley this is what's going to be on the menu until either, PD decides his position in untenable and resigns, or SC comes up with some £££'s and sacks him.

I keep reading messages of people critising PD and moaning about all the negativity. It's hardly surprising when you look at our manager's win %.

The style of football PD is trying to employ just won't work with the standard of players at his disposal. It's sad to say but that's basically why it only works 1 or 2 times out of 10. Hense the players being in League One. If they were good at pressing, playing high tempo and techniqly able they would be playing in a higher division.

PD has shown over 2 and a bit seasons that he can't improve players ability (infact if you look at results vs previous seasons we've got worse each season) so he may as well play to the League's standards and be a physical boring long ball side, just look at Stevenage for example sitting top 3 (I'm not a long ball merchant, just being realistic).

I'm sorry to say but enough is enough. Others will be happy for us to win 1 or 2 out 10 but they are probably the ones that don't attend the games...............

if i had a pound for every reply to sack the manager of oldham athletic i would be a bleeding millionaire if it aint ronnie its brian if it ain't brian it's andy if it aint andy it's john if it ain't john it's paul the list goes on and on and on blah blah blah ..anyone ever thought that it might just be the finances of the club simply cannot afford a successful team ..wake up and smell the coffe even sir alex couldn't fix this one..

We have quality players I've herd enough of that we have no money look at the team we have all starting 11 today have played at a higher level it's nothing to do with the finances it's the manager who is not getting the best our of them other managers have had far lesser players to work with

We have quality players I've herd enough of that we have no money look at the team we have all starting 11 today have played at a higher level it's nothing to do with the finances it's the manager who is not getting the best our of them other managers have had far lesser players to work with

and every fooking one of them was given the proverbial kick up the anus you should adopt the queen song another one bites the dust...whose the next messiah erm lets think here some young enthusiastic ex pro who has contacts with big name clubs.. ..someone like paul or a seasoned manager? someone who managed stockport county? then again in two years time it'll be the same old story GROUNDHOGDAY

Good players piss poor manager look at the stats over the last two and a half years look at bury been piss poor until they get a proper manager in get phil brown in he will sort us out

BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS ..typical reply bury have a run.. sack our manager and get a manager that got sacked over piss poor results ..go for roy keane or brian robson or the guy at southampton one of these guys will get oldham to europe

Everyone says look at the starting 11 and it proves we have a good budget, we have 3 players I would consider too good for League 1. Baxter, Derbyshire and Croft two loans and two on short term deals, the rest of the squad is made up of average League 2 players to good League 1 players. Look at the bench today, with a bigger budget the squad would be Baxter, Derbyshire and Croft's level of quality.

Simon Corney will have a big decision to make shortly, especially if we continue yet another depressing run. 1 point from the last 12, 4 wins all season, only 2 at home, and a win percentage down to 25%.

We are over a third the way into the new season and the inevitable inconsistencies of the previous 2 seasons continue.

We have 1000+ junior ST holders and we're not going to get them back if we continue as we are, if we are beaten by Doncaster in the cup our season will be (apart from a relegation battle ) well and truly over.

I have a lot of respect for Dickov and I'm sure he puts his heart and soul into this club, however, i think he is totally out of his depth. I really don't know who we could get in to improve our position but I think SC should be consuling the dole queue as we clearly cannot continue as we are.

I watched Dickov yet again, venting his frustrations at the 4th official yesterday and I have to say it was a bloody embarassment, he is in the last chance saloon and his time here is almost over. Unless there is a dramatic change in our fortunes over the next 3 or 4 games he will be gone!!

Corney won't act until after Donny knock us out of the cup he should have acted after the Coventry game now after an unbeaten run of four games we're back to 1 win in 6 and over a third of the way in we're in serious trouble another one of Dickov's runs will see us adrift....

Bournemouth away will be tough , flying with Howe back in charge

Hartlepool away must be winnable

Shrewsbury at home must be winnable

Doncaster away will also be tough

Doncaster at home in the Cup , tough or not is a must win

We've got to win 3 of these 5 , or fans will be voting with their feet, and SC will be forced to be thinking very seriously about a change