Should Latics have kept Joe Colbeck

Super Joe  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics have kept Joe Colbeck?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Latics had kept Joe Colbeck, which division would they be in now?

• Higher than League One
    • League One
    • League Two
    • Non-league
    • Out of existence

His best game was Wycombe away just before Christmas. He ripped them a new one (seriously, he did) and got brought off.

In the same game, after about 5 mins, tried to control the ball, stood on it, slipped and planted his face in the grass in a "straight out of failblog" style piece of skill. (It was the only time he put a foot wrong)

His best game was Wycombe away just before Christmas. He ripped them a new one (seriously, he did) and got brought off.

In the same game, after about 5 mins, tried to control the ball, stood on it, slipped and planted his face in the grass in a "straight out of failblog" style piece of skill. (It was the only time he put a foot wrong)

And yet Penney still took him off that afternoon :petesake:

Edit: You've already mentioned that, :petesake: x2

Edited by jsslatic

I liked him against Colchester away. He was running down the wing, checked back on himself in the style of Eyresy, did a full 360 and carried on down the wing before unfortunately giving it a slightly heavy touch1 to send it dribbling over the line2 for a goal kick, all without a single intervention or threatened intervention by an opposition player.

1. absolutely smoked it.

2. it flew into the away fans

Where's the option that we would have been playing in the Premiership?

Higher than League One. To be honest I never entertained the idea of only being in the Championship, on the assumption that once SuperJoe had taken us up then he and we would have been an unstoppable force and romped to back-to-back promotions.

Higher than League One. To be honest I never entertained the idea of only being in the Championship, on the assumption that once SuperJoe had taken us up then he and we would have been an unstoppable force and romped to back-to-back promotions.

Nah we would have inevitably had to be sold to Real madrid for £50m and a swap for Ronaldo but still that would have built the brand new state of the art 25000 seater Joe Coelbeck stadium. Which we would now be enjoying.

I'll never forget the moment I found out we'd released him. I immediately broke down in tears, and was inconsolable for weeks. I still have a framed picture of the great man in my house which I look at for inspiration in my darkest hours. I'll never forget you Joe.

To give Colbeck credit, as well as having pace he worked hard for the team and helped keep the shape of the team defensively.

Unfortunately when a player costs a club £60k and is a winger that can't dribble or cross to save his life, none of that really matters!

A depressing failure. Sums up Penney's reign.