Which do you think will be Dickov's last game as manager?

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Bournemouth
    • Hartlepool
    • Shrewsbury
    • Doncaster
    • Other / here forever

I've thought for a few weeks that Dickov leaving is an inevitability, much as I like the bloke.

I could be wrong.

But I think a failure to beat Shrewsbury will end it.

In fairness, getting battered at a very wealthy Bournemouth isn't a disaster on its own.

But I've had enough.

Its horrible this as I couldnt ever bring myself to not want to win a game but if we beat hartlepool he will probably get another month and we will be :censored: in that month, if we lose however he is gone.

The ideal is he resigns but he wont i dont think, that means we have to pay him off and his staff like GT.

I sound like a broken record but please get Steve Cotterill

Its horrible this as I couldnt ever bring myself to not want to win a game but if we beat hartlepool he will probably get another month and we will be :censored: in that month, if we lose however he is gone.

The ideal is he resigns but he wont i dont think, that means we have to pay him off and his staff like GT.

I sound like a broken record but please get Steve Cotterill

Why would Cotterill come here?

Upcoming fixtures:

Hartlepool A - must win

Shrewsbury A - must win

Doncaster A - lucky to get anything

Doncaster H - must win

Colchester A - never get anything down there

Swindon H - Di Canio, as annoying as he is, could easily beat us

Yeovil A - might scrape a draw

Takes us to christmas and i can see a maximum of 5 or six points from these fixtures going from the form of the last 3 games. If we cock it up against Hartlepool and Shrews then it will be a tough ask to get the players motivated for five very tough games. Going off Corney's interview I think Dickov will get until after the cup game, but looking at the importance of the next few games, getting a new face in time for games against relegation rivals and a cup tie thats so important to the club might change the team for the better. Corney has to put the club first, big decisions to make

For the love of god Corney get on the phone and get a replacement ready tomorrow to pull the trigger Monday

STEVE COTERILL IS THE MAN!

Did you go today mate?

I'd give Dickov Hartlepool but we have to pick up something there, if he does go Cotterill would be my 1st choice too but whether he wants the job or not is another matter.

He probably wouldnt sadly but he would be my 1st choice

The only thing I would say is usually when someone is sacked you get the odd applicant who you never thought would be intrested in coming here, fingers crossed that happens

I agree with this. Managers are have to drop down a level to get work. Blackwell is a great import for bury. The stumbling block will probably be salary. Cotteril would be a possibility and I would take him.

Managers need a wage at the end of the day, they can't sit in obscurity forever so I imagine someone like Cotterill would at least listen to what Corney could offer. Peter Reid I think would be my first choice but I don't really know if he'd fancy it. Seems to do a bit of punditry here and there and after going abroad for the opportunity he might just be thinking that enoughs enough for him now.

Baring him, someone with experience, an elder statesman that knows how to win and won't take :censored:, gutless performances

Did you go today mate?

I'd give Dickov Hartlepool but we have to pick up something there, if he does go Cotterill would be my 1st choice too but whether he wants the job or not is another matter.

Not today mate was touch and go but the train price was a joke so decided not to in the end

You doing anymore before xmas? There is a lot of aways in Jan/Feb not to far away from us will be doing most of them

I reckon he'll get Hartlepool and that's it. The cup game means too much to Corney, with the prospect of a money-spinning tie in the following round, so sacking Dickov later this week will give him time to draft in a replacement with the hope that the new manager honeymoon will see us through to the third round.