Another New Manager Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You strike me as such an up your own arse cock. Every comment you make seems to try and put people down at the expense of your amazing superiorness.

sorry, i don't want to get involved, but just to lighten the tone, or bring it down - i can't get the thought of a cock that is both large enough and flexible enough to reach to a persons own arse out of my head. it would would also have to retain considerable rigidity to get in there and goodness knows how you would move your body to have an impact....

sorry:)

I would like Steve Cotterill in charge of us or Billy Davies but can't really see him dropping down to this level though. Would anyone mind Justin Edinburgh who's got Newport top of the blue square premier.

No ones mentioned Gary Megson yet, is that because he's :censored:e or just been overlooked?>

I always thought his teams were well organised and hard to beat, did well at Sheff Wed with little or no budget. Some of my colleagues are wendies and they rated him.

I just remember a very young Chris Taylor helping to end his job for him against Forest.................. they were far from organised that night.

I always thought Wendies were a bit negative with him at the helm aswell.

Edited by lancy lad

I would take Megson in a heartbeat. Think he would be out of our league though.

Cant see him being out of our league.

For the same reason I also think the likes of Billy Davis and Cotterill may also be interested.

It's all about being out of work and where to start again to get back on the managerial ladder

We could do a lot worse than Megson.

Even if nobody has ever liked him. Ever.

And he's ginger.

Hello sir, hope all is well.. I think SC has already been making phone calls I think PD ships already sailed. I wonder who is on the short list.

Managers out of work...

Paul Ince

Sven

Alan Curbishley

Gary Megson

Billy Davies

Steve Cotterill

Peter Jackson

John Sheridan

Paul Hart

Peter Reid

Roy Kean

Steve Coppell.

Plenty more too, just could we attract any of these?

No.

Well, Shez, but I doubt we'd want him.

No.

Well, Shez, but I doubt we'd want him.

How many managers are looking for clubs, compared to how many clubs are looking for managers?

Surely being back in management and earning money (however much Latics can offer) is better than sitting at home and festering?

The thing is, if PD does go, replacement wise, it's difficult to know which route to go down. Experience? Rookie? Former Player? Complete Outsider?

I think it really does come down to 2 key managerial characteristics - namely tactical nounce and man-management motivational skills.

Whoever comes in isn't going to have much of a budget to work with, much scope to bring in many players, and is basically going to have to work with the squad already here. We've established on many threads that there is talent in the squad. The new man would need to eek it out of the players in a way that it seems PD just can't do - be that from poor tactics or poor motivation skills.

Who could do that? I'm really not sure - an experienced head might not be able to? A rookie might? Who knows really.

For what's it's worth - having watching Motherwell over the weekend, Stuart McCall would be on my shortlist.

It's extraordinary that the many reactionary Latics fans are frightened of losing Dickov because we might get somebody worse! I'd have thought that statistically impossible. He is clueless as a strategist and tactician and cannot deal with his senior players. His talent as a manager is in inverse proportion to his ambition. He shines at making excuses but little else.

As Napoleon said, give me lucky generals. It is still possible at every level of professional football to exceed expectations with a good manager. Dickov lacks the skills, intelligence and self-awareness ever to succeed in this sphere. Letting him run a football team is like giving a clock to a monkey. Corney should be preparing for change, realising that a good manager is worth more than a whole team. Any team can get out of Division 3 with a talented coaching staff. Any clown will get you relegated. Let's stop walking towards the abyss and start behaving professionally, and hope for a little luck and goals. This team would be unrecognisable with competent leadership.