4-2-3-1

Why is Bouzanis' place under threat...have I missed something?

It wasn't his fault the players in front of him have been abysmal and either allowed attacking players to waltz through them, passed the ball to them or brought them down for a penalty...which he saved.

EDIT: Not forgetting the idiotic back-passes. ;-)

Edited by Wardie

4-4-2. Just done properly for a change.

Get the full-backs to overlap; and attack as well as defend.

Drop under-performing and out of sorts players. The 1 enforced change at LB apart; anyone who has been poor shouldnt still be an automatic starter - its not right. I line up:

Bouzanis (just - as welshgaz says)

Mellor - Tarky - Byrne - Wabara

Sutherland - Wes - Baxter - Croft

Derbyshire - Smith

Montano & Furman have been poor; very poor recently; and JYM had a horror-shoe return on sat. Mellor deserves a chance this season; and his beauty of a left foot gives balance to the side; instead of square peg; right footed Connor Brown or Reece Wabara filling in at LB. Simpson has been poor; and Smith has had an inpact when brought on.

4-4-2, just set up properly and and told to go and take the game to them.

I think he's tried, while others have been accused of not doing so. I don't get why everyone think's Croft's so indispensable - he's got great control and everyone loves a good step over, but he only crosses from set pieces and hasn't even had a shot that I can remember this season, let alone come close to scoring. If it was possible, I'd stick as many fringe players in tomorrow to reinforce the message that Saturday's performance was not acceptable:

Bouzanis

Winchester - Byrne - Tarky - Mellor

Sutherland - Baxter - Wes - Montano

Smith - Derbyshire

Why is Bouzanis' place under threat...have I missed something?

It wasn't his fault the players in front of him have been abysmal and either allowed attacking players to waltz through them, passed the ball to them or brought them down for a penalty...which he saved.

EDIT: Not forgetting the idiotic back-passes. ;-)

I really rate bouzanis just think he has looked shaky like the rest of the team during this blip. I also thought he could of palmed that pen too safety.

The problem isn't the way we line up, the problem is lack of flexibility, Which involves changing formations during the match, especially in central midfield where we seem to be too scared to take risks and attacking the space. I wasn't at Bournemouth but against Tranmere, once they went a goal up, they put more bodies back and restricted space in the final third which we couldn't cope with. You need to be an effective team in attack and defence and the game has evolved whereby teams play a different formation when their on the ball compared to whent he opposition has it and before anyone says "we're League One, we're not good enough to do that" other sides in League One do it, we either evolve or go backwards

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Can we please stop saying put Sutherland in the team. He is way out of his depth, when he comes on as a sub he is enthusiastic, runs up the wings and tries to take players on which is a great thing to have as a winger but he has done nothing yet. Can't remember 1 good cross, 1 good shot.

Praise to the lad for giving it all his effort every game and yes, it is crucial that we give kids gametime, he is 17 and is a real talent but to start him would be an error considering the only thing of note he does is run directly up the wing and get corners.

And as for JoeP's idea to put Winchester at RB, Mellor LB and Sutherland all in the side. Yes, we want to make a point that those "indispensables" shouldn't be guarenteed a spot in the team automatically but we cannot be beat. If that was our back 4 I would be seriously worried.

Cuting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind with these ideas; don't forget it is must win. Messing about like that would be dangerous.

Edited by NewBlue

I think he's tried, while others have been accused of not doing so. I don't get why everyone think's Croft's so indispensable - he's got great control and everyone loves a good step over, but he only crosses from set pieces and hasn't even had a shot that I can remember this season, let alone come close to scoring. If it was possible, I'd stick as many fringe players in tomorrow to reinforce the message that Saturday's performance was not acceptable:

Bouzanis

Winchester - Byrne - Tarky - Mellor

Sutherland - Baxter - Wes - Montano

Smith - Derbyshire

i know saturday was bad but i reckon that side would get ripped a new one!

Can we please stop saying put Sutherland in the team. He is way out of his depth, when he comes on as a sub he is enthusiastic, runs up the wings and tries to take players on which is a great thing to have as a winger but he has done nothing yet. Can't remember 1 good cross, 1 good shot.

Praise to the lad for giving it all his effort every game and yes, it is crucial that we give kids gametime, he is 17 and is a real talent but to start him would be an error considering the only thing of note he does is run directly up the wing and get corners.

And as for JoeP's idea to put Winchester at RB, Mellor LB and Sutherland all in the side. Yes, we want to make a point that those "indispensables" shouldn't be guarenteed a spot in the team automatically but we cannot be beat. If that was our back 4 I would be seriously worried.

Cuting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind with these ideas; don't forget it is must win. Messing about like that would be dangerous.

Highlighted points from top to bottom:

- That's more than most have done.

- Raheem Sterling's only 17 and pretty much does the same thing.

- They can't possibly be any worse than the way our defence performed on Saturday.

- "Should win", rather than "Must win".

Highlighted points from top to bottom:

- That's more than most have done.

- Raheem Sterling's only 17 and pretty much does the same thing.

- They can't possibly be any worse than the way our defence performed on Saturday.

- "Should win", rather than "Must win".

-The player you're directly replacing him with; Montano, has scored and assisted and had some cracking games so I don't see how he's done nothing. He's not been good in the last few games but he's not the only one however, if they came in what credentials do the replacements have that make them better?

-Sutherland unfortunately hasn't scored nor assisted nor made an impact like Sterling has. He'd be starting if he had.

-Our defence played against a good side in good form, yes, the defending was bad but 2 were M'Voto's fault, one was the CM not tracking back well enough and the other was poor marking from a corner by Sutherland (I think) so I don't see why Grounds & Wabara should be replaced, especially as Wabara assisted the goal.

-And finally this game is a MUST WIN. We are playing dead bottom and we are in the relegation zone. Relegated teams look back at these sort of matches and regret not winning them and you should be under no illusuion that we are in a relegation battle. Throwing it away, like your idea suggests, is ludicrous. Also, I don't understand how a game that could dictate whether our manager will stay in the job or not isn't a must win, in the player's eyes anyway.

Edited by NewBlue

I might be mistaken but didnt he land the ball on Matt Smith's head to get our goal on Saturday?

That said, I agree with the overall point. Wholesale personnel changes aren't needed. This group of players can put in a performance. It's the manager's job to make sure they do.

I might be mistaken but didnt he land the ball on Matt Smith's head to get our goal on Saturday?

That said, I agree with the overall point. Wholesale personnel changes aren't needed. This group of players can put in a performance. It's the manager's job to make sure they do.

I thought it was Wabara, though I could've been mistaken.

-The player you're directly replacing him with; Montano, has scored and assisted and had some cracking games so I don't see how he's done nothing. He's not been good in the last few games but he's not the only one however, if they came in what credentials do the replacements have that make them better?

-Sutherland unfortunately hasn't scored nor assisted nor made an impact like Sterling has. He'd be starting if he had.

-Our defence played against a good side in good form, yes, the defending was bad but 2 were M'Voto's fault, one was the CM not tracking back well enough and the other was poor marking from a corner by Sutherland (I think) so I don't see why Grounds & Wabara should be replaced, especially as Wabara assisted the goal.

-And finally this game is a MUST WIN. We are playing dead bottom and we are in the relegation zone. Relegated teams look back at these sort of matches and regret not winning them and you should be under no illusuion that we are in a relegation battle. Throwing it away, like your idea suggests, is ludicrous. Also, I don't understand how a game that could dictate whether our manager will stay in the job or not isn't a must win, in the player's eyes anyway.

And again:

- Croft, not Montano.

- Worth the risk, I reckon.

- Maybe he should be given the chance to.

- It's only a "must win" for Dickov. We won't be relegated tomorrow. Some might say sticking with the same team, with the same tactics could also be considered "throwing it away". Neither the performances of the players or the tactics have been good enough recently.

All about opinions, innit....

At Hartlepool I would be setting up the team in this formation with massive changes to the squad.

GK: Bouzanis

Defence: Brown Tarky Byrne Wabara

Holding Midfielders: Furman Wes. (They do it anyway even though they shouldn't)

Attacking Midfield: Simpson Baxter Montano

Upfront: Matt Smith

I'd take Dickov over you, any day!

I'd go with ...

Bouzanis

Byrne Mvoto Tarky wabara

Wes

Croft Furman Montano

Baxter

Derbyshire smith

Aside from the obvious problem, that's close to where I would be looking to go. How to accommodate Derbyshire, Smith and Baxter is the headache, you can say 3 at the back but it might turn all to :censored: if we did (remember we hadn't let many in before Saturday)

Aside from the obvious problem, that's close to where I would be looking to go. How to accommodate Derbyshire, Smith and Baxter is the headache, you can say 3 at the back but it might turn all to :censored: if we did (remember we hadn't let many in before Saturday)

Take wes out and put Furman there.the dimond 442. It works. I just tried it on FIFA. :-D

Edited by LaticsSideOfLife