Alex Cisak

Doncaster report for Aussiefan. Cisak had a decent game, not a great deal to do but what he had to do did ok. Not much chance with the goal given his defence in front was shall we say not any kind of defence at that point!.

Made a crucial save at 1-0 down.

Edited by Lags

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisak had a terrific game , he is a quality keeper.

Made two terrific saves in the first half , one was flagged offside but he would not have known.

Hr caught everything and whenever they rolled a ball in behind the centre halves he was in the perfect place to move and get the ball before their strikers.

We are spoilt with 2 top keepers for the first time since Hallworth & Rhodes imo.

On a more serious note, it's great to see Cisak playing for Oldham again. Look forward to see who you guys get in the Cup. Will be gd to see Cisak and Wesolowski on telly back here in OZ

Hey Aussie go and get a life. If Bozzy really annoys you so much, :censored: happens.

On a more serious note, it's great to see Cisak playing for Oldham again. Look forward to see who you guys get in the Cup. Will be gd to see Cisak and Wesolowski on telly back here in OZ

Certainly better than watching your cricketers get whopped again.

Given the (alledged) way Cisak forced his way out of Accrington when joining Latics, I doubt that Cisak would want to stay here after being sidelined. With that in mind I would say cash in if possible. Unfortunately Cashing in and Portsmouth these days do not go hand in hand.

What was alleged? He was out of contract, wasn't he? And had a chance to step up a level.

Cisak had a terrific game , he is a quality keeper.

Made two terrific saves in the first half , one was flagged offside but he would not have known.

Hr caught everything and whenever they rolled a ball in behind the centre halves he was in the perfect place to move and get the ball before their strikers.

We are spoilt with 2 top keepers for the first time since Hallworth & Rhodes imo.

must just be me but I never felt comfortable when Andy Rhodes was in net for us very unpredictable.

Rhodesy was a very good keeper but an absolute clown at times. He would make a wonder save one minute then become a hybrid of John Keeley/Dean Brill the next. Luckily we mostly outscored the opposition. Hallworth wasn't as spectacular but much steadier. A bit like Cisak v Boozy, although Hallworth after his initial arrival and during the Championship Season was absolutely brilliant. Pinch me Season he wasn't great and his last couple of seasons were a bit iffy, but still worthy of hero status. Rhodesy had his best spell during the Pinch Me Season, but walked when Joe refused to guarantee him the shirt. His best two games were the 2-0 defeat v Everton in November '88 and the Arsenal game in '89 when he was nigh on unbeatable.

Oh and his kicking was dreadful….

Edited by oafcprozac

Rhodesy was a very good keeper but an absolute clown at times. He would make a wonder save one minute then become a hybrid of John Keeley/Dean Brill the next. Luckily we mostly outscored the opposition. Hallworth wasn't as spectacular but much steadier. A bit like Cisak v Boozy, although Hallworth after his initial arrival and during the Championship Season was absolutely brilliant. Pinch me Season he wasn't great and his last couple of seasons were a bit iffy, but still worthy of hero status. Rhodesy had his best spell during the Pinch Me Season, but walked when Joe refused to guarantee him the shirt. His best two games were the 2-0 defeat in Everton in November '88 and the Arsenal game in '89 when he was nigh on unbeatable.

Oh and his kicking was dreadful….

Reminds me of a certain Paul Gerrard... he was a great keeper but prone to panic and scuff his kicks big time - I remember a certain game at White Hart Lane...

Odd match this one. 6 for 75 on day one, then let them back in with decent innings to Du plessis. Selectors messed up by not picking siddle. Anyway, enough of that, Forest isn't going to make it on to the box I'm afraid! Did young Jacob have anythign to do when he came on last week? how does he look?

Is this guy for real you set on inbreds?

Posted it in another thread but forgot about this one not very professional from Cisak http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/keeper-hopes-for-pompey-return-1-4547263

Be interested to know what the contract dispute is. Obviously not just about paying Accy off.

Edited by longtimeblue

Meh. Those sorts of articles are always paraphrased responses to leading questions anyway. If there's a contract dispute there's a contract dispute, but he hints it may be being resolved. Contract dispute or not, he was dropped because he'd made a couple of errors and Bouzanis has played well enough to keep the shirt. Even if there was no dispute, he wouldn't be playing and if there was a dispute and Bouzy was making mistakes he would be playing.

If he speaks to the local Portsmouth paper, he's hardly going to say that he doesn't want to come back, in case the loan is renewed later in the season. The man just wants to play football. He does state in there somewhere (can't be bothered to look back to quote) that things will be different if he's playing here again. If he plays in the next couple like he did on Saturday then the shirt will be his to lose.

Meh. Those sorts of articles are always paraphrased responses to leading questions anyway. If there's a contract dispute there's a contract dispute, but he hints it may be being resolved. Contract dispute or not, he was dropped because he'd made a couple of errors and Bouzanis has played well enough to keep the shirt.

Cisak: ' . . .there is also a contractual dispute going on with the club at the moment, which makes things a bit more difficult.'

‘I’m a bit disappointed with the way it has been handled by the club'

They put it in single quotation marks, so it must be completely true!

:wink: