Discipline

Did Bouzanis actually get sent off for pushing Hume? Surely it should have been handball, if the BBC match commentary is correct:

88:47

The referee penalises Dean Bouzanis for handball. Sammy Clingan shoots direct from the free kick.

Not much, but a little more sympathy for him if so...
Edited by JoeP

Did Bouzanis actually get sent off for pushing Hume? Surely it should have been handball, if the BBC match commentary is correct:

88:47

The referee penalises Dean Bouzanis for handball. Sammy Clingan shoots direct from the free kick.

Not much, but a little more sympathy for him if so...

The press reporters said on Twatter no card was shown for the handball.

Just seen the red. Good on bouzanis for sticking up for his mate. My word it's easy to get sent off. That little cretin didn't help by falling over either.

As far as I can tell Hume who had already been booked got 2 yellows for that incident. Furthermore, when Cotterill scores he leaps over the advertising hoardings, something that usually is an automatic yellow card but he doesn't get booked until 10 minutes later.

Don't think that ref will last long if that is his standard.

Is there a correlation between how much earache the 4th official gets which subconsciously makes the officials take a negative view of us? To be fair a lot of our bookings are for innocuous/technical offences.

Due to the amount of grief that the Purple nose gives the 4th official at The Swamp no

However Brian Clough always used to say that you shouldn't challenge the referees as it will wind them up and turn them against you.

During the Dowie season we were right at the top of the diciplinary charts and got plenty of players sent off, although I think that a number of these bookings could be avoided if we looked at them carefully.

What winds me up the most is how soft our bookings have generally been. Furmans have been collected by stupid challenges where there was no way he was going to win the ball. Last week at Hartlepool both Montano AND Baxter missed games because they kicked the ball away. Wes picked one up against Tranmere forca foul when the only thing their player could gave done is head out of play. I mean, for :censored:s sake. It's just idiotic stuff which is completely avoidable.

What winds me up the most is how soft our bookings have generally been. Furmans have been collected by stupid challenges where there was no way he was going to win the ball. Last week at Hartlepool both Montano AND Baxter missed games because they kicked the ball away. Wes picked one up against Tranmere forca foul when the only thing their player could gave done is head out of play. I mean, for :censored:s sake. It's just idiotic stuff which is completely avoidable.

True Mr Shankley, did anyone else notice in the last home game after being booked earlier Furman made a wild challenge in the final minutes, but completely missed his man, had he connected it would have been a second yellow or straight red.

True Mr Shankley, did anyone else notice in the last home game after being booked earlier Furman made a wild challenge in the final minutes, but completely missed his man, had he connected it would have been a second yellow or straight red.

I saw that he may have been going for the interception but you are right if he had connected he was off.