January Transfer Window

With the transfer window round the corner and we are set to make 80K plus from the Forrest game (even more if we progress) I want to know will we use that money for transfers. Would it depend on our league position (we are close to the play-offs) if we use this money or should we use it for next years budget. I would like to see us spend it on a certain Leon Clarke who Charlton don't want and we need a striker. So what are all your opinions on this. (I have excluded Wabara, Derbyshire and Baxter because two of them its too uncertain)

Reece Wabara isn't exactly nailed on either - he's been tweeting about his return date to various people.. is he happy here i wonder or is his head guiding him to bigger and better (face it, it's the Etihad over BP) places.

Would love to keep all 3 and stick it out.

Wouldn't want Leon Clarke either!

With the transfer window round the corner and we are set to make 80K plus from the Forrest game (even more if we progress) I want to know will we use that money for transfers. Would it depend on our league position (we are close to the play-offs) if we use this money or should we use it for next years budget. I would like to see us spend it on a certain Leon Clarke who Charlton don't want and we need a striker. So what are all your opinions on this. (I have excluded Wabara, Derbyshire and Baxter because two of them its too uncertain)

Why in the world would we look to Clarke over Derbyshire?!

because he scores more goals?

Not if you count dodgy offside decisions!

Derbyshire is a superior player to Clarke in so many ways.

As an aside, Clarke has now played league games for no fewer than 14 clubs. There are 11 in my golf cart.

Edited by opinions4u

Maybe having scored 11 goals in a side next to bottom would have something to do with it........I'm not saying he's the model pro, but he would get goals, of that I am absolutely certain.

Just like Kuqi here last season, take his tally off the Scunthorpe stats and they would already be relegated!!!

Not if you count dodgy offside decisions!

Derbyshire is a superior player to Clarke in so many ways.

As an aside, Clarke has now played league games for no fewer than 14 clubs. There are 11 in my golf cart.

1.) He's only played for 13 clubs, he had 2 different spells at QPR.

2.) Golfers can carry 14 clubs in their BAG.

3.) I think Derbyshire is the better player but Clarke's goal scoring record at this level is impressive.

4.) Derbyshire is supposedly earning a lot more than Clarke, so a long-term loan is likely to be more expensive for Derbyshire. Value for money is an important consideration.

1.) He's only played for 13 clubs, he had 2 different spells at QPR.

2.) Golfers can carry 14 clubs in their BAG.

3.) I think Derbyshire is the better player but Clarke's goal scoring record at this level is impressive.

4.) Derbyshire is supposedly earning a lot more than Clarke, so a long-term loan is likely to be more expensive for Derbyshire. Value for money is an important consideration.

1) Good spot. Although different nutters probably ran the club each time.

2) Yes, but my set of clubs were cheap.

3) Yes.

4) VFM wasn't part of the debate at that stage.

Edited by opinions4u

Maybe having scored 11 goals in a side next to bottom would have something to do with it........I'm not saying he's the model pro, but he would get goals, of that I am absolutely certain.

Just like Kuqi here last season, take his tally off the Scunthorpe stats and they would already be relegated!!!

I can tell you, without the need for an alledgedly, that he really, really isn't!!

Edited by slystallone

Think we'll struggle to keep Derbyshire - Reckon bigger teams who can play a larger part of his wages will come in for him. However, I think location wise we're at an advantage as we are relatively close to Blackburn.

If we can't keep him, then I'd look to Leon Clarke or Ryan Lowe who are probably more affordable.

Think we'll struggle to keep Derbyshire - Reckon bigger teams who can play a larger part of his wages will come in for him. However, I think location wise we're at an advantage as we are relatively close to Blackburn.

If we can't keep him, then I'd look to Leon Clarke or Ryan Lowe who are probably more affordable.

I think once we renewed Derbyshire's loan our chances of getting Lowe went, and he's been scoring a fair few goals since he was made available for loan. I rate Lowe highly but I'd rather have Derbyshire.

I think once we renewed Derbyshire's loan our chances of getting Lowe went, and he's been scoring a fair few goals since he was made available for loan. I rate Lowe highly but I'd rather have Derbyshire.

Was it due to not scoring much? Thought he wanted a move back up north but may be mistaken

The way Derebyshire talks on LP you'd think he was our player. Maybe just the way he is or he's coming back already.

Part of the reason I think that Derbyshire and Baxter have been so good for us has been this. They have simply put 100% commitment into every match. Derbyshire could have taken his wages, sat on the bench at Forest and enjoyed an easy life but he grafts for a bottom half of the table League 1 club.

Likewise with Baxter and his rejection of a new contract at Everton. You can tell it means a lot to them from their celebrations too.

They're dedicated. Nobody can complain that each and every one of our players doesn't put expend every effort for their manager in each game.

If we was to bring in Clarke, which I desperately hope we do, can we trust him to act the same way with his temprement that has plagued his career so far? I'd gamble on him. He's worked hard for Scunny, as the goals that he has given them proves. He'd be my only signing in the window, we've got cover in most positions and I'd only act if we lost any players.

He has respect for oldham always claps the fans off when ever he comes here I enjoyed him last time he was here. If he had a a bad attitude he would not keep on going to the lower end of league 1 (chesterfield and scunthorpe) I think that's a good attitude that he wants to be playing games.

Clarke started like a house on fire during the first few minutes of the Scunny match. He looked like he was flicking a big pair of V's to Simon Corney after he baulked at the loan fee Charlton were looking for. Once he'd scored he settled down and didn't put too much pressure on us.

I'd have him back, but only if attempts to keep Derbyshire fail. The guy strikes me as a true professional.